50-Year-Olds Give Advice To 20-Year-Olds
I was reading an article today, authored by a woman who is 50 years old and decided to give advice to people who were 20. She said things like, "Be kind to others" and "don't stay in a bad relationship" and "don't worry about getting older". I agree with that advice!
While I am not 50 (yet!), it got me to thinking about advice that I would pass on to younger generations.
- Trust your gut. Because since I've been trusting mine 100%, it hasn't led me astray.
- When you ask someone HOW they're doing, actually stick around and listen to the answer.
- Talk less, listen more. You learn a LOT when you listen.
- Take time to LIVE. After all, isn't that why we all work so hard? So we can live our lives and have fun doing it?
- Make sure that the people you love, know you love them.
How about you? Do you have some advice that you think would benefit people in the generations that follow?