6 Family Dollar Stores Closing in West Michigan
According to WZZM-13, the stores' parent company, Dollar Express, plans to liquidate and close the stores by June 30.
Around 33 employees are expected to lose their jobs.
Here are the six locations that are closing:
- 1625 Leonard St. NE, Grand Rapids
- 4451 Breton Road SE, Kentwood
- 1006 S. Washington Ave., Holland
- 5003 Westnedge Ave., Portage
- 1540 28th St. SW, Wyoming
- 1606 M-139, Benton Harbor
Crains Detroit Reports that 18 more stores will close across Michigan. These locations are all a part of a deal Dollar Express made to sell all 323 of its stores to Dollar General.
While some stores are closing, others will be change over to Dollar Generals.