ArtPrize 2012 Spotlight – Top 25 And Jurors’ Favorites Revealed
The Top 25 has been revealed. So has the jurors' favorites in five different categories.
We have the jurors' picks, the Top 25, and more.
The debate around ArtPrize is about to get much louder. I can't wait.
The revealing of the "short list" is just the beginning. The Top 25 will continue to change between now and the close of the first round of voting on September 29 at 11:59pm. The Top 10 is what really matters.
The jurors' choice for Top 5 venues are:
This is just the beginning of what will be a very fun week for die-hard ArtPrize fans and newcomers alike. Check back all week for more information and discussion about ArtPrize, as always.
Here's the original Top 25, compiled by woodtv.com:
- "A Second Chance at Life"by Gary and Travis Fields - Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum
- "Bam Pow" by Nathan Craven - GRAM
- "Cities:Departure and Deviation" by Norwood Viviano - GRAM
- "City Band" by Chris LaPorte - GRAM
- "Disposable Game" by Terry Brennan - Amway Grand Plaza Hotel
- "Elephants" Adonna Khare - GRAM
- "Gravity Matters Little" by Henry Brimmer - Select Bank
- "Heavy Metal Rock Band" by Fred Conlon - The B.O.B.
- "Life in Wood" by Dan Heffron - The B.O.B.
- "Norm" by John Andrews - Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- "On Thin Ice" by Justin La Doux - Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum
- "Origami" by Kumi Yamashita - GRAM
- "Plexus No. 18" by Gabriel Dawe - Kendall College of Art and Design
- "Rebirth of Spring" by Frits Hoendervanger - Amway Grand Plaza Hotel
- "Return to Eden" by Sandra Bryant - Grand Rapids Public Museum
- "Running on Air" by Jessica Bohus - DeVos Place Convention Center
- "Scrappie Dick" by Paul Cassidy - The B.O.B.
- "Seasons" by Ann Loveless - Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum
- "Sojourn" by Andrea Kowch - GRAM
- "Song of Lift" by Martijn van Wagtendonk - UICA
- "Stick-to-it-ive-ness: Unwavering pertinacity; perseverance" by Richard Morse - Grand River
- "Studies in Light and Form The Chicago Seven and Michigan Avenue Bridge Sculptures" by Jack Nixon - DeVos Place Convention Center
- "The Chase" by Artistry of Wildlife (Dennis Harris, Paul Thompson, Andrew Harris, Joseph Miles and Jamie Outman) - Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum
- "The Dragon" by Robin Protz - Amway Grand Plaza Hotel
- "The Penguin Project" by Paul Nilsson - Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum