ArtPrize 2014: How to Vote
The public vote is what sets ArtPrize apart from other art events and competitions. It's also the easiest way to become involved in ArtPrize.
Learn how to vote at ArtPrize 2014.
Last year, 49,078 registered voters placed 446,850 votes at ArtPrize. The number of voters/votes have steadily increased each year, with the exception of 2011 because the spike in voters/votes was so big in 2010.
The rules and prizes of ArtPrize have change again for 2014.
This year, the public vote will award a Grand Prize, plus awards in four separate categories:
- $200,000 Grand Prize
- $20,000 Two-Dimensional
- $20,000 Three-Dimensional
- $20,000 Time-Based
- $20,000 Installation
- Present a valid ID at any voting site and register your e-mail address with ArtPrize.
- Use a GPS enabled mobile device, download the ArtPrize app, and register your account using the app while in downtown Grand Rapids.
- Ascentcare at 139 South Division
- Cathedral Square at 360 South Division
- Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park at 1000 East Beltline
- Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum at 303 Pearl NW
- Grand Rapids Art Museum at 101 Monroe Center NW
- Kendall College of Art and Design at 17 Fountain NW
- Monroe Community Church at 800 Monroe NW
- The ArtPrize HUB at 41 Sheldon Blvd SE
- Urban Institute for Contemporary Arts at the corner of Division and Fulton
- Women's City Club at 254 East Fulton
- Round 1 (9/24 at noon - 10/4 at 11:59pm) – Vote for every artist/entry you like.
- Round 2 (10/5 at 3:00pm - 10/9 at 11:59pm) – Vote for your favorite of the Top 20.