ArtPrize STEAM Village Includes 3D Printing, Virtual Reality, Robots and More
ArtPrize Nine is September 20 to October 8 in Grand Rapids. The event will feature 1,346 entries at 175 venues, but that's just the start. All ArtPrize visitors can enjoy hands-on activities at the STEAM Village, powered by Switch, which combines art with science, technology, engineering and math.
STEAM Village will be located at the ArtPrize HUB/HQ at 41 Sheldon Blvd. SE in Grand Rapids.
Special events and activities include:
- Grand Rapids Public Schools, East Kentwood and Flint have each created robots that can move, draw and erase. At least one school will demonstrate each day and ArtPrize visitors can control the robots with a tablet.
- Help create a 3D printed vase.
- Special pens will allow visitors to draw in 3D with heated plastic.
- Build a mini toothbrush robot.
- Participate in a laser cutter workshop.
- Try a Virtual Reality station.
- Try a mini coding workshop.