Betty Ford Funeral Plans
Betty Ford passed away on Friday. She was 93. Funeral plans are now set.
- Memorial services will begin in Palm Desert, California.
- 5:00pm - The family will arrive at the Gerald R. Ford International Airport.
- 6:00pm - Family and casket arrive at museum followed by a prayer service and remarks from Governor Rick Snyder.
- 7:00pm - Casket will lie in repose for public viewing into the night.
- 1:00pm - The Ford family and casket will travel via motorcade from the museum to Grace Episcopal Church in Grand Rapids.
- 2:00pm - 3:30pm - Funeral service. Lynn Cheney, wife of former Vice President Dick Cheney and presidential historian Richard Norton Smith will each give a eulogy.
- 5:00pm - At the conclusion of the funeral service the casket and family will return to the museum for a private burial service.