Bill Gates Is The Richest Man In America… Again
Bill Gates, the founder and chairman of Microsoft, is yet again on top of the Forbes' annual list of the richest Americans for the 19th straight time.
In a unbelievable year that saw the net worth of the nation's 400 richest grow by a whopping 13 percent to $1.7 trillion, and their average net worth rise to a record $4.2 billion, up 10 percent. In addition to Gates, the top five people on the list are unchanged from a year earlier. The top 10 are:
1. Bill Gates, Microsoft founder and chairman, $66 billion
2. Warren Buffett, Chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway, $46 billion
3. Larry Ellison, Head of Oracle Corp., $41 billion
4. Charles Koch, Koch Industries, $31 billion
4. David Koch, Koch Industries, $31 billion
6. Christy Walton & family, Wal-Mart heir, $27.9 billion
7. Jim Walton, Wal-Mart heir, $26.8 billion
8. Alice Walton, Wal-Mart heir, $26.3 billion
9. S. Robson Walton, Wal-Mart heir, $26.1 billion
10. NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg, founder of Bloomberg LP, $25 billion
I do not see my name on the list anywhere. What would you do if you had this kind of money?