Decorate A Bra Today Across West Michigan For Breast Cancer Awareness Month
You can show your support for Breast Cancer Awareness Month across West Michigan today by making a donation to the American Cancer Society - and decorating a bra.
Local businesses and organizations are accepting donations and letting people decorate the garments Wednesday for the Bras Across the Grand display, which will go up across the Grand River later this month as part of the American Cancer Society's Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk.
The Bras will be on display on the Grand Rapids Blue Bridge on October 25th which is also the day of Making Strides Against Breast Cancer.
You can make a $5 donation and decorate a bra in celebration of someone special at the following times and locations:
- Cascade Chiropractic, 6151 28th St. SE, Cascade Township - 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Cellar Brewing Company, 550 East Division St., Sparta - 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
- Gilda's Club, 1806 Bridge St. NW, Grand Rapids - 2 - 4 p.m.
- Gilda's Club, 314 S. Hudson St., Lowell - 2 - 4 p.m.
- Hope Lodge, 129 Jefferson SE, Grand Rapids - 6 - 8 p.m.
- Mercy Health Lacks Library Reading Room, 200 Jefferson SE, Grand Rapids - 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Panopoulos Salon, 42 44th Street SW, Grandville - 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Spectrum Health Lemmen Holton Cancer Center, Grand Rapids - Ongoing all week
Panopoulos Salon is offering a 20% discount on services with a $5 Bras Across the Grand Donation on October. Cascade Chiropractic is offering free chair massages with a donation.
For more information, please contact Renee Rivard at the American Cancer Society at firstname.lastname@example.org or (616) 551-4062.