Doctors Warn About Dangers Of Cleaning Grills With Wire Brush
Yes! It's grilling season, but be careful with those wire brushes!
Fox 17 reports a concern doctors have with people improperly cleaning grills. The concern comes after doctors in Connecticut had to perform emergency surgery on a woman when she got a metal bristle stuck in her lower intestine.
The women says the bristle must have been "positioned in that burger just perfect," because she didn't even notice that she ingested it.
Turns out her husband was cleaning the grill with a wire brush, one wire fell off and got cooked into a burger.
Doctors suggest using a ball of aluminum foil or a nylon-based sponge to clean your grill, or just be sure no debris is left on the grill after cleaning with a brush.