Don’t Buy The Whole Bottle – Rent Your Nail Polish
Services like NetFlix are pretty much a part of everyone's lives these days. Heck, now you can even rent formal dresses, bridesmaids dresses, and even video game consoles. But, this new service seems a little weird to me. Now, you can rent nail polish.
A company called Lacquerous.com has made it possible for women to try out colors, or change things up periodically, without having to buy the whole bottle of polish! For only $18 a month, you can have all of the nail color variety your little heart desires (kind of).
Here's how it all goes down:
1. First and foremost, you have to become a member. Which right now seems to be impossible. There are currently 2,500 people on the waiting list.
2. Once you finally get a membership, log in and create a list of the polishes that you want to try.
3. Pay the monthly rate and receive three designer nail polish shades that are included on your list. Then, paint away! Sort of. They ask that you only use each polish three times per month. And they measure the amount of polish in the bottle to make sure that people are sticking to the rules.
4. When your month is up, just ship the polishes back with the prepaid postage label you're given. And wait.
5. Soon, three new colors will be delivered to your doorstep.
Lather. Rinse. Repeat!
This sounds kind of cool, but also a little weird. What do you think?