Don’t Miss These Shipping Cutoff Dates If You Want Your Christmas Gift To Arrive On Time
There’s no doubt a lot of people are procrastinators (I definitely am!) when it comes to holiday shopping, and that’s all well and good if you plan to head to the store to make your purchases.
But if you’re someone who likes to shop for gifts online, time is running out for you to make your purchases and get them in time to put them under the tree on Christmas day.
Have you done all your online shopping or do you wait until the last minute? Do you wind up paying huge shipping fees in order to get your gift on time?
For many online stores, if you don’t want to pay for expedited delivery you’ll need to get your purchases done by Friday, or Monday the latest, and when it comes to express delivery, you may want to keep in mind the important cutoff dates as well.
Shopping Cutoff Dates For Christmas Delivery:
- Amazon – If you don’t have a Prime account with free two-day shipping, you’ll want to make your purchases by December 19th if you don’t want to pay for expedited shipping.
- Best Buy - Purchases made by 11:30am ET on December 21st will be delivered by the end of the day December 23rd.
- Dell - For standard shipping, purchases must be made by December 16th, 3 pm ET.
- Macy’s – For standard shipping on most purchases (big items like furniture are not included), you have until December 21st at 5pm ET.
- Toy’s R Us – If you don’t want your kids crying because they have no toys under the tree, purchase your gifts by December 19th 11:59pm ET for standard shipping, December 21st if you’re willing to pay for expedited shipping.
- Victoria’s Secret – Looking to get something sexy for your honey this holiday season? Well, if you don’t make that purchase by Thursday you’ll have to pay expedited fees to get it in time.
And if you’re planning to head to the post office to mail your gifts yourself, you may have even less time. The U.S. postal service, FedEx and UPS recommend the following deadlines if you want your gifts to arrive in time:
US Postal Service:
- Ground service - December 15th
- First-class mail - December 20th
- Priority mail - December 21st
- Priority mail express - December 23rd
- December 16th – Home Delivery and Ground
- December 20th – Express Saver
- December 21st – 2-Day and 2-Day a.m.
- December 22nd – Standard Overnight, Priority Overnight, and First Overnight
- December 23rd – SameDay City (Standard)
- December 25th – SameDay and SameDay City (Priority)
- December 19th: – UPS 3 Day Select
- December 21st – UPS 2nd Day Air
- December 22nd – UPS Next Day Air and UPS 2nd Day Air (Saturday Option)
- December 23rd – UPS Next Day Air (Saturday Option)