Early Morning Fireworks Banned In Grand Rapids Area
The 4th of July is next week already! That means food, fun and FIREWORKS! However, Grand Rapids as well as many surrounding communities have banned the use of fireworks at certain times. Check the list to make sure you don't get fined!
The ordinance says that fireworks are banned from the Grand Rapids area from midnight till 8 in the morning the day before, of and after a national holiday. So, not only does this apply to the 4th of July but it also applies to holidays like Memorial and Labor day.
Here's the list of the surrounding communities and whether the ban has been put in place:
- East Grand Rapids -- Will decide July 1st
- Gaines Township -- Probably will approve
- Grand Rapids -- In place June 25
- Grandville -- In place June 24th
- Holland -- Probably will approve
- Hudsonville -- Probably will approve
- Kalamazoo -- Vote July 1st. If approved ordinance will begin on July 3rd.
- Walker -- Approved June 17th.
- Wyoming -- Approved June 22nd.
If your community is not listed then the ban is either not being considered or won't go into effect before the 4th of July.
Check out all the communities here.