Fun for the Whole Family This Weekend at New Salem Old Iron Fun Day!
This Saturday from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. head on out to Dorr for the New Salem Old Iron (and everything else) Fun Day! (Formerly Weber Tractor Day.)
This free family fun-filled festival features vintage tractors and machinery, classic cars, and other relics of the past! Enjoy food, bluegrass music, tractor plowing, tractor pulling, and horse/mule plowing. Plus, show off your cool old stuff!
The day starts out with a tractor parade at 10 a.m. with more fun to follow.
- Tractor plowing/discing - immediately after the parade until 4 p.m. $5 per hood, bring you own 3 bottom (or less) plow/disk. Pre-register by contacting Tom Green at 269-665-0251.
- Horse Plowing - pre-register with just a $5 donation. To pre-register contact Dawn Punches at 269-806-2727
- Tractor Pull - 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. - $10 donation - 1957 or older; 2,500 - 8,000 pounds; 16 inch drawbar height, 24 inches from center of axle. To pre-register, contact Tom Green at 269-665-0251.
- Bluegrass Pickin' Party - 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. (open mic between bands.)
- Classic car show - pre-register call Sue Sebright at 269-793-3203.
- Other relics (ANYTHING old) - to pre-register call Dawn Punches at 269-806-2727.
- All money raised will benefit the Hopkins FFA Chapter.
The event will take place at Jeff Lenhart Farm, located at 4516 24th St. in Dorr.