Grand Rapids Heart Ball
Here's more information about how you can join us at the Grand Rapids Heart Ball!
· Guest speaker will be Susan Ford Bales, daughter of President and Mrs. Ford. After he left office, President Ford suffered a stroke while speaking on national television at the 2000 Republican National Convention. He eventually also underwent angioplasty and had a pacemaker.
· This year, we are pleased to honor Dr. Asghar Khaghani, lead surgeon for the Richard DeVos Heart and Lung Transplant Program through the Frederik Meijer Heart and Vascular Institute, as our honoree and recipient of the 2013 Richard M. DeVos Award.
· Former honorees of the Richard M DeVos Award include Fred Meijer and Dr. Louis Tomatis.
· We expect about 275 guests with the funds raised going to cardiovascular education and research
· The American Heart Association has funded research that led to many medical breakthroughs, including pacemakers, artificial heart valves, CPR, and blood pressure and cholesterol-lowering drugs.
· To get tickets or learn more, visit GrandRapidsHeartGala.org