Grand Rapids Is Named The 9th Most Hipster City In The Country
Well, it's official, Grand Rapids is a haven for hipsters. Movehub.com put together a list of the most hipster cities in the United States and Grand Rapids came in at #9.
The study looked at several "hipster" factors, like:
- How many vegan shops the city had per 100,000 residents
- How many microbreweries the city had per 100,000 residents
- The year to year increase in rent costs
- How many thrift stores the city had per 100,000 residents
- How many tattoo studios the city had per 100,000 residents
Grand Rapids was 8th for the most microbreweries p/100,000, 7th for the most thrift shops p/100,000, and 9th for the most tattoo studios p/100,000. Detroit even made an appearance by seeing the second highest year to year increase in rent costs in the nation.
Grand Rapids final "hipster score" came in at a 6.708, and earned the #9 rank on the list, tucked in between Atlanta, GA at #8 and Rochester, NY at #10.