Holland Tulip Time Voted Best Flower Festival in U.S.
Growing up in West Michigan, the Holland Tulip Time Festival always meant the start of summer to me. Fingers crossed that when it kicks off May 7, we can be totally done with this snow that's been lingering!
Holland's annual celebration is being nationally recognized! Tulip Time has been voted "Best Flower Festival" in a USA and 10 Best readers' Poll.
Here's USA Today and 10 Best's praise for the festival:
The spring Tulip Time festival in Holland, Mich. makes it obvious how the town got its name. Each year, some 4.5 million colorful tulips bloom in the area, with over 200,000 of them in the downtown area alone. Aside from the floral spectacle, Tulip Time celebrates Dutch heritage with dancing, a traditional marketplace, parades and food.
Tulip Time also features live music and entertainment. Check out this year's performers here.
Here's the rest of the flower festivals Tulip Time beat out!
- Tulip Time - Holland, Mich.
- Mackinac Island Lilac Festival - Mackinac Island, Mich.
- Rose Parade - Pasadena, Calif.
- Dallas Blooms - Dallas
- North Carolina Azalea Festival - Wilmington, N.C.
- Historic Garden Week in Virginia - Virginia
- Portland Rose Festival - Portland, Ore.
- Daffodil Festival - Tacoma, Wash.
- Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival - Orlando
- International Cherry Blossom Festival - Macon, Ga.