How Much Money to Guarantee a Seat at ‘Hamilton’ in East Lansing?
The hit musical Hamilton is coming to the Wharton Center in East Lansing in 2018 or 2019. Dates have not been set, but you can guarantee yourself a ticket if you're willing to spend a lot of $10 bills.
The award-winning show Hamilton has been a pop culture phenomenon. The show gained massive popularity while playing in New York City. It later opened in Chicago and now has grown to other cities.
The traveling version of Hamilton is coming to the Wharton Center next season. If you are already past patiently waiting for your shot at tickets, you can guarantee tickets today, but you've got to jump through a lot of hoops and spend a lot of money. Here's how to guarantee your seats:
The 4 Ticket Commandments
- Subscribe to the 2017/2018 season.
- Your subscription must include at least five shows in the Broadway series or five shows in the Performing Arts series.
- Renew in 2018/2019 with a full Broadway series package.
- Get a better seat by donating $1,000 this season and $1,000 next season.
How much will that cost you?
Here's some quick math on how to get THE BEST seat possible:
- Purchase the best seats at five Broadway series shows this year. We're also assuming premium weekend shows which are extra. That will cost $81 for five shows and a total of $405.
- Donate $1,000 this year to increase your seating priority.
- Purchase a full Broadway series package with the best seat for next season. Seven shows at $81 totals $567.
- Donate $1,000 next year to increase your seating priority.
- That's $2,972 to guarantee yourself the best possible seat when Hamilton comes to East Lansing.
Hamilton tickets may or may not be the same price as other shows and there could be more than seven Broadway shows or fewer than seven Broadway shows in 2018-2019. We don't know so this is our best estimate. Either way it's enough money to make you want to consult the U.S. Secretary of the Treasury.
Here's how much to get ANY seat:
- Purchase the cheapest seats at five Performing Arts series shows this year: Moscow Ballet ($16) + Yamato the Drummers of Japan ($19) + Natalie MacMaster ($19) + Dance Theater of Harlem ($22) + Vienna Boys Choir ($24). That totals $100.
- Don't donate money, you'll need it for souvenirs.
- Purchase the cheapest seat in a full Broadway series package next year. Based on this year's lineup, that's seven shows. Six at $36 and one at $35. That totals $252.
- You may be able to guarantee one ticket to Hamilton for $352.
That's not much more than what it costs to see the show in Chicago if you're buying via StubHub. If you consider that you've also just purchased tickets to 11 other shows it becomes a bargain.
Remember the dates for Hamilton in 2018-2019 and the length of the run are not yet determined. If it turns out to be a short run you may need some scheduling flexibility, but hopefully the plan is to fan this spark into a flame which would mean more dates and opportunities to see the show.
Good luck if you are joining the masses and holding out for now, but remember you might get nothing if you wait for it, wait for it...