Independence Day Weekend Fireworks and Activities in West Michigan – 2014
Independence Day weekend will bring many opportunities to celebrate and enjoy fireworks in West Michigan in 2014.
Take a look at our list and have a great Independence Day weekend!
The big celebration is in downtown Grand Rapids with events July 4 and July 5.
Amway Family Fireworks starts 2 p.m. July 5 at Ah-Nab-Awen Park next to Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum on the west side of the Grand River. The event includes Re/Max of Grand Rapids' Family Fun Zone activities and games, food trucks, vendors' exhibits, music and entertainment and runs through the fireworks display, which begins about 10:30 p.m. EST.
Celebration on The Grand is at Ah-Nab-Awen Park, and is 3-11 p.m. July 4. The event includes music, food and vendors, is free and is open to the public.
Here's a full list of Independence Day weekend celebrations -- and some earlier than that -- in West Michigan:
- Ada - July 4, parade and activities, fireworks at dusk at Fulton and the Grand River
- Allegan - July 3, annual July 3 Jubilee with fireworks
- Allendale - July 4, parade and activities during the day, fireworks at 10 p.m.
- Battle Creek - July 2-6, Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show & Balloon Festival
- Caledonia - June 28, celebration with fireworks at dusk
- Cascade - July 4, celebration with fireworks at dusk
- East Grand Rapids - July 4, all-day celebration with fireworks at 10:15 p.m.
- Fremont - July 3, over Fremont Lake at dusk
- Grand Haven - July 4, at dusk after Grand Haven Musical Fountain show
- Grand Rapids - July 4, Celebration on The Grand, Ah-Nab-Awen Park, 3 p.m.-11 p.m.
- Grand Rapids - July 5, Amway Family Fireworks, Ah-Nab-Awen Park, 2 p.m.-dusk, with fireworks at 10:30 p.m.
- Grandville - July 4, weekend-long celebration, fireworks July 4 at Grandville Middle School at dusk
- Hart - July 2, in downtown Hart
- Hastings - July 4, Charlton Park, 11:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Holland - July 4, Celebration Freedom with fireworks at dusk over Lake Macatawa
- Ionia - July 3, at the Ionia Fairgrounds at dusk
- Kalamazoo - July 4, racing and fireworks at Kalamazoo Speedway
- Kentwood - July 4, activities during the day and fireworks at night
- Lansing - July 4, parade at 11 a.m. through downtown, Lansing Concert Band performance at 8 p.m. at Riverfront Park followed by fireworks at dusk
- Ludington - July 4, Freedom Festival with fireworks over Lake Michigan at dusk
- Manistee - July 4, Forest Festival with fireworks over Lake Michigan at 10:30 p.m.
- Marne - July 5, racing and fireworks at Berlin Raceway
- Muskegon - July 4, Here's to the Heroes celebration with fireworks at 10:30 p.m.
- Pentwater - July 3, at dusk at Charles Mears State Park
- St. Joseph - July 4, Southwest Symphony Orchestra concert at 9 p.m. followed by fireworks
- Silver Lake - July 4, fireworks over the sand dunes at dusk
- South Haven - July 3, at dark around 10:30 p.m.
- Wayland - July 4, at Gun Lake Casino at dusk
- White Lake - July 4, parade at 10 a.m. from Whitehall to Montague and fireworks at dusk, sponsored by White Lake Area Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Bureau
- Wyoming - July 1, after Concert in the Park at Lamar Park, concert at 7 p.m.