Is Jennifer Lopez Back On “American Idol” – Knightlines 8/21/13
Happy Hump Day, that means we are halfway through the work week and just a couple more days to the weekend. Here is your Wednesday dose of Knightlines, celebrity gossip and things you need to know...
• Novelist Elmore Leonard, whose best-selling books and short stories were turned into hit movies and TV shows, has died. He was 87 years old. Leonard, who’d suffered a stroke three weeks ago, passed away yesterday morning.
• It looks like a slip from her boyfriend Casper Smart earlier in the week wasn’t wrong: Jennifer Lopez’s deal to return to American Idol is all but done, and will be announced this week. Country star Keith Urban will be the only judge from last season to retain his Idol judge seat. He’ll join J-Lo and a third judge, who has yet to be revealed, for the upcoming season.
• Dancing with the Stars pro Kym Johnson will not appear on the ABC competition when it returns for its 17th season this fall, but promises to be back next spring. She say’s she’s skipping next season to accept “an amazing offer back home.”
• In the wake of the Supreme Court ruling in June that restored same-sex marriages in California, Lily Tomlin (73) is considering tying the knot with her longtime partner, Jane Wagner (78). Noting that she has been with partner Jane Wagner for 42 years, Tomlin said at a TV Academy event on Monday night, “We’re thinking maybe we’ll get married.”
• Just how into Breaking Bad are the AMC show’s fans? On Sunday night, a cable outage in Connecticut led panicked viewers to think they had no other option but to dial 911 and their state representatives. Police told callers that it wasn’t an emergency or even a police matter. State Senator Bob Duff was also dragged into the situation via Twitter. He pleaded with constituents to lay off 911, and ended up updating them about the cable outage via Twitter.