Kerry Washington Named “People” Magazine’s Best-Dressed Woman – Knightlines 9/19/13
It's time for another Thursday edition of Knightlines, celebrity gossip and things you need to know...
1. "Django Unchained" minx KERRY WASHINGTON has been named "People" magazine's Best-Dressed Woman of 2013. Others who made this year's list include Jennifer Lawrence, Lily Collins, Zoe Saldana and Jessica Chastain.
2. DEMI LOVATO joins the cast of "Glee" this season as NAYA RIVERA'S new LESBIAN LOVER. And Naya says she broke the ice with Demi before filming began . . . WITH HER MOUTH. She told "Access Hollywood", quote, "I made out with her in my trailer before we shot the scene, so I just warmed her up."
3. JAMES FRANCO went on the offensive against all the gay rumors he's constantly the subject of. Yesterday he posted a three-picture collage of himself with another guy in L.A. In one photo they're arm-in-arm. In another they're holding hands. And in the third, they're KISSING. And he wrote on them, quote, "Just a Franco afternoon." He also wrote "Gawker" . . . which is the name of a site that he apparently feels is the main culprit.
4. KATE WINSLET will NOT be changing her name to Kate Rocknroll. Kate married a guy named NED ROCKNROLL back in December. His GIVEN name was Abel Smith, but he legally changed it in 2008. He's RICHARD BRANSON'S nephew. This is Kate's third marriage, and she hasn't changed her name yet.
5. ELLEN DEGENERES and PORTIA DE ROSSI are reportedly fighting because Ellen flirted with OLIVIA MUNN on her show. A "source" says, quote, "Portia tried to talk to Ellen about how uncomfortable it makes her feel when she flirts with her guests. But as soon as Portia started pouring out her heart, Ellen shut her down and told her to just deal with it."
6. The "National Enquirer" says that JIM CARREY'S failed relationship with JENNY MCCARTHY and diminishing box office appeal are starting to wear him down. Sources say Jim is missing Jenny, and having a hard time seeing her doing so well, both career-wise and with her new boyfriend DONNIE WAHLBERG. Friends are worried that he's headed for a nervous breakdown.
7. "Life & Style" magazine says GWYNETH PALTROW acts like a diva at the gym. She makes someone dry out the shower before uses it because she doesn't want to step in someone else's shower water . . . and she demands that a brand new toilet paper be unwrapped for her when she goes to the bathroom.