Local Man To Run 6k Every Hour For 24 Hours To Provide Clean Water For Children
Brad Smith is trying to raise money and awareness for the charity World Vision, an organization that brings clean water to communities all over the world. This Saturday, August 11th, Brad will be running a 6K All Day. That means that for 24 hours he will be running a 6k at the beginning of each hour.
Nearly 1,000 children under age 5 die every day from diarrhea caused by contaminated water, poor sanitation, and improper hygiene. The average distance traveled by someone in developing countries to get water is 6 kilometers (3.72 miles).
- Starting 8:00 AM on Saturday, August 11th, at Northview High School, Brad is planning on running a 6k every hour, on the hour, for 24-hours.
- $50 provides clean water for one person for their lifetime.
- $20,000 is the goal, which will provide clean water for 400 people.
If you'd like to join me at Northview High School on the 11th or 12th, we'll have a couple specials happening:
- Every $50 donation allows you to run one 6K with me.
- If you bring a group of 10 or more and each donates $10, you all can run a 6K with me.
- If you donate $10 or more, you will get a 6K All Day bracelet (while supplies last).
We had Brad on the show to talk about his fundraiser this weekend, you can listen to the segment below.