More Artists Join Spotlight After ArtPrize’s Juried Awards
Last night's announcement of the winner of ArtPrize provided a lot of excitement and fuel for debate. Last night's announcements also gave us another reason to head back out and see ArtPrize all over again.
ArtPrize announced this year's juried and recognition awards. These awards given out in multiple categories and are selected by art professionals. They provide a different perspective of ArtPrize and all deserve a second look.
- Two-dimensional - Mimi Kato "One Ordinary Day of an Ordinary Town" at Kendall College of Art & Design.
- Three-dimensional - Michele Brody "Nature Preserve" at UICA.
- Time-based (performance/film/video) - Caroline Young "Remember: Replay: Repeat" at UICA.
- Best use of urban space - Catie Newell "Salvaged Landscape" at Grand Rapids Art Museum.
- International work - Shinji Turner-Yamamoto "Disappearances and Eternal Journey" at Site:Lab + U of M School of Art & Design.
SPECIAL RECOGNITION AWARDS
- Ox-Bow Residency Award - Everett Beidler "Progressive Movement(s)" at UICA.
- Sustainability Award - Laura Milkins "Walking Home: Stories from the Desert to the Great Lakes" at Calvin College - (106) Gallery.
Special Award for Outstanding Venue: Site:Lab (located at Fulton/Division).
There are some pieces here I have seen and some I haven't. I'm going to try to see them all this weekend. It seems there is always something new to discover.
What are your "can't miss" entries that everyone should see?