Most Annoying Words of 2015 [Videos]
FOMO. Bae. On Fleek.
If you're thinking WTF... these are some of the biggest words of the year, and yes, they're annoying but people love(d) to use them.
Metro asked people to rank the most annoying words of the year in a Twitter and Facebook poll.
These are the top 9 in order:
9) Hot Mess - Urban Dictionary defines this word as "When one's thoughts or appearance are in a state of disarray but they maintain an undeniable attractiveness or beauty."
8) Basic - Think of the basic fall girl who wears leggings and Ugg boots and drinks Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks and then Instagrams it all #FALL #BASIC
7) FOMO - It's the Fear Of Missing Out. You never want to experience FOMO
6) Fap - This is a really disturbing sound and just plain gross.
5) Awesomesauce - This has to be the word that annoys me the *most!*
4) Twerking - This isn't really a new word but thanks to Miley Cyrus this word (and dance) isn't going anywhere.
3) On Fleek - This means on point and usually used to describe one's eyebrows. It was made popular by this Vine.