RECALL: Chicken Caesar Salad Kits
You may want to check the fridge or cupboards if you have any "salad kits" at home.
APPA Fine Foods and Sam's Club are recalling their "Chicken Caesar Salad Kits" sold because of concerns about possible Listeria contamination.
The Michigan Department of Agriculture informed the USDA and Food Safety and Inspection Service that they received two confirmed positive listeria results from retail product purchased at a bulk warehouse location.
This product is sold at SAM'S CLUB.
Here's what to look for:
- 11oz. plastic containers and 6.5lb boxes. Look for "APPA Fine Foods/Sam’s Club Daily Chef CHICKEN CAESAR SALAD KIT” on the label.
- Case code of 141851, 141922, 141951, 141991, 142021, 142201 or 142131.
- A "use by" date of 8/14/14, 8/21/14, 8/27/14, 9/1/14, 9/3/14 or 9/17/14.
- Production date of July 4, July 11, July 14, July 18, July 21, July 25, Aug. 1 or Aug. 8, 2014.
- And inside the USA inspection sticker, a stamp that reads “P-21030.”
There have been NO reports of illness and this is a precautionary recall.
For complete recall info just CLICK HERE, or contact Thom Rindt of APPA Fine Foods, at 951-547-8111.