See & Meet Ed Sheeran in Detroit – Official Contest Rules
Contest Name: “Local Ed Sheeran Contest”
Contest Dates: 8/28-9/8 On-air
Station(s): Channel 95.7
Station Address: 50 Monroe Ave NW
Grand Rapids, MI, 49503
Station Telephone: 616-770-8957
THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 48 CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES WHO HAVE REACHED EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE AS OF August 28, 2017.
- SPONSOR: The sponsor of the Contest is Townsquare Media, LLC (the “Sponsor”) with offices at 50 Monroe Ave. NW, Suite 500, Grand Rapids, MI 49503.
- PRIZES: The prizes of the Contest consist of the following: (a) A download code for the new Ed Sheeran album “Divide” (b) All winners will qualify for a chance to win the Grand Prize (c) Grand Prize for winner: two tickets the Ed Sheeran Concert on 9/27 at Little Caesars Arena, plus a meet and greet with Ed Sheeran before the show, and an overnight stay at a hotel in Detroit (hotel TBD). The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any or all of the prizes with any article or service of similar or greater value at its sole discretion. Prizes may not be assigned or transferred. Winner must pick up their prize within 30 days of winning. Failure to pick up will result in forfeiture of the prize by the winner.
- HOW TO ENTER: Twice each weekday, sometime around 10:30am and 3:30pm (excluding Labor Day) we’ll send a “cue to call” via the Channel 95.7 app with the number of caller you need to be (i.e. “Caller 9”, “caller 20”). The “cue to call” will not be announced on the air. When the push notification is sent via the Channel 95.7 app, the correct numbered caller at 616-770-8957 will win a download code for the new Ed Sheeran album “Divide” and will qualify for the Grand Prize. By entering this Contest you agree to be bound by the Contest Official Rules.
All entries, as well as all copyrights thereto, will become the property of Sponsor. Sponsor will not be responsible for lost, stolen or misdirected entries. Sponsor reserves the right to deem void and disqualify any entry for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without notice.
Multiple entries are not permitted.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to all residents of the 48 contiguous United States who have reached eighteen (18) years of age as of August 28, 2017. Persons in any of the following categories are not eligible to participate or win a prize: (a) persons who from and after (six months prior to August 28th, 2017) were or are employees or agents of Sponsor or its affiliates, parent, subsidiaries, or the service agencies or independent contractors of the above organization(s); (b) persons who are engaged in the development, production, distribution of materials, or drawing of winners for this Contest; and (c) persons who are immediate family of or who reside in the same household as any person in either of the preceding categories.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION; REQUIRED RELEASES: A representative of Sponsor will select the winner from all of the entries randomly. That person will be named the official winner of the Contest. Additionally, if the winner is ineligible, it will be deemed as if the winner has rejected the prize, and Sponsor will select a new winner.
To claim the Prize, the winner must: winner can get their tickets at 50 Monroe Ave. NW, information on hotel and meet-n-greet will be emailed.
(a) complete, sign and return a Winner Affidavit & Release form (to be provided by Sponsor), a 1099-MISC IRS tax form (to be provided by Sponsor) and such other documentation (if any) requested by Sponsor.
- ENTRY PERIOD: The Contest begins on August 28th, 2017and ends September 8, 2017.
- ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Contest if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. At its sole discretion, Sponsor may disqualify any person whom it considers to have intentionally violated the Official Rules or any element of the Contest. By participating, entrants agree: (a) to be bound by the Contest Official Rules and the decisions of the person or persons who select the winners, and (b) to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and independent contractors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability with respect to acceptance, possession or use (or misuse) of the prizes or participation in the Contest.
- USE OF NAME, LIKENESS, ETC.: By entering the Contest, you hereby acknowledge and agree that Sponsor and Prize Provider (each a “Sponsor Entity(ies)”) shall have the unlimited right in perpetuity and throughout the world to use and publish your name, voice, city, state, likeness, photograph, video, biographical and prize information, and other elements of your persona and identity, in all media now known or hereafter developed, for all purposes of this Contest, as well as for all general marketing, advertising, promotional, commercial tie-in, merchandising, and other business purposes of Sponsor Entities, all without notice or compensation to you.
- ENTRANT RELEASE: By entering this Contest, you forever release and discharge, and agree to hold harmless, all Sponsor Entities from any and all claims, causes of action, liabilities and damages: (a) for personal injuries, death, loss of or damage to personal property, and/or other harm or loss of any nature whatsoever sustained by anyone or anything in connection with your submission and participation in the Contest; and/or (b) for libel, defamation, invasion of privacy, violation of the right of publicity, infringement of copyright, or violation of any other personal or property right based upon, arising out of, or relating to any exploitation of your video (including your likeness and appearance embodied therein) by any Sponsor Entity pursuant to the rights grant set forth above.
- TAXES: Taxes (federal, state, and local) are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold and deduct such taxes and charges from the prize if and to the extent required by law.
- WINNERS LIST: For the name of the prize-winners, available after September 8th, 2017, please send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to “Local Ed Sheeran Contest” c/o Townsquare Media LLC, 50 Monroe Ave. NW, Suite 500, Grand Rapids, MI 49503.
- COPY OF THE RULES: To obtain a copy of the rules, please send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to “Local Ed Sheeran Contest” c/o Townsquare Media LLC, 5o Monroe Ave. NW, Suite 500, Grand Rapids, MI 49503.
- APPLICABLE LAW: These rules are governed by the laws of the States of Michigan and New York without giving effect to conflicts of law rules.
- PRIZE PROVIDER: Townsquare Media(the “Prize Provider”).