Simon Cowell Says He Didn’t Want Kids Because They Take Up Time – Knightlines 8/1/13
The weekend is almost here, just a couple more days to go, but we still have some business to get to by giving you the scoop on the celebrity gossip and thing you need to know. So, here is the Thursday edition of Knightlines...
- Hawaii is trying out a new "Return to Home" program. If you're homeless in Hawaii, they'll pay for your flight back home. One way.
- Facebook stock is within pennies of its IPO.
- Vetstreet.com did a comparison and found that the loudest dog is... the beagle!
- Katy Perry says that John Mayer won't be on her next album. Just to be clear.
- Katy, by the way, sent a text to Kristen Stewart, to assure her that she wasn't moving in on Kristen's ex, Robert Pattinson: "I know you've seen all this stuff, but you know I would never disrespect you. I'm not that person. I'm just trying to be a friend to him, but it is unfortunate that I do have a set of tits."
- Simon Cowell claimed he didn't want kids because they take up too much time. Whoops! The "X Factor" judge, 53, is expecting his first child with New York socialite Lauren Silverman, 36, multiple sources confirm to People.
- TMZ reports that the rehab facility that Lindsay Lohan has called home for weeks sent a letter to the judge in her probation case saying LiLo will lapse back into drug and alcohol abuse if she doesn't get more court-ordered therapy and the judge agreed. Lindsay needs three, 50-minute sessions a week for the next 15 months.
- An enormous golden truck with "Katy Perry -- Prism -- 10-22-13" emblazoned on its sides, top and back was spotted in Los Angeles on Monday.
- Evan Rachel Wood and her husband, actor Jamie Bell have welcomed a baby boy into the world.
- What a weird weather month July was. There were 1,122 record cold temperatures recorded in the U.S. in one week!
- In Detroit, a home priced at just $1 has sat on the market for 520 days!
- Four years after its debut, Oprah's OWN Network has turned a profit for the first time.
- At their September 14th game against Eastern Michigan, Rutgers will retire the #52 jersey of Eric LeGrand, a player that was paralyzed in a 2010 game. It is the first jersey to be retired at the school in 150 years.
- A California porn studio has agreed to stop producing videos named after Ben and Jerry's ice cream flavors. Under the name "Ben and Cherry's," the company had made such movies as "Boston Cream Thighs," "Chocolate Fudge Babes" and "Peanut Butter D-Cups."
- Rapper Kat Dahlia was arrested on charges of DUI and resisting arrest without violence.
- Peter Jackson has wrapped up filming for the remaining "Hobbit" movies in New Zealand. Now it's off to the editing room.