Six Weird Things That Are Banned in Other Countries
If you think we've got too many laws in THIS country, here are six weird things OTHER countries have banned.
1. Lip-synching. Turkmenistan banned it in 2005 to preserve their, quote, "true culture." They also decided that opera and ballet are, quote, "unnecessary".
2. Ponytails on men. Iran banned them in 2010. And they basically said guys can't have long hair in general.
3. Running out of gas on the highway. If you do it on the Autobahn in Germany, it's a $100 fine. Then if you walk to GET gas, it's another $100 fine, because walking on the Autobahn is ALSO illegal.
4. Dancing in clubs. It's technically illegal in Tokyo after midnight. They're talking about changing it before they host the 2020 Olympics though.
5. Porn stars with small breasts. In 2010, Australia made it illegal for porn stars to even LOOK younger than 18. So if you're flat-chested and 50, you CAN be in a porno. But probably not if you're flat-chested and younger than about 30.
6. Movies about time travel. In China, it's illegal to watch movies or TV shows about time travel, because according to the government, it "disrespects history."