Some Ways To Donate To Help The Victims Of Hurricane Harvey
You can donate a ton of different ways to help out the victims of Hurricane Harvey. Here are a few options that are known to be a safe and reliable way to get help to the victims:
- Red Cross
- Online at redcross.org
- By calling 1-800-RED-CROSS.
- By texting the word HARVEY to 90999 to make a $10 donation.
- Salvation Army
- Online at helpsalvationarmy.org
- By calling 1-800- SAL-ARMY.
- By texting STORM to 51555.
- Team Rubicon
- Online at teamrubiconusa.org
- Team Rubicon unites the skills and experiences of military veterans with first responders to rapidly deploy emergency response teams.
- United Way of Greater Houston
- By texting UWFLOOD to 41444
- Online at unitedwayhouston.org
- Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund
- Online at ghcf.org/hurricane-relief/
- Texas Diaper Bank
- Online at texasdiaperbank.org
- Humane Society of the United States
- Online at humanesociety.org
- The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
- Online at aspca.org
Be careful on where you donate, as some people are pulling scams to try to siphon some of the goodwill into their own pockets. Here is a quick guide on how and where to donate to make sure that your money is going to a reliable place.