Steve’s Famous Coleslaw Recipe Made Christine A Very Happy Person
I hate coleslaw. Like, I absolutely despise coleslaw. That is until I decided to make it for myself. The only reason why I decided to make coleslaw was because I needed it to go on top of some pulled pork sandwiches.
That's when I decided to try my hand at a recipe. So, in typical me fashion,I found a recipe online and made it better. Don't believe me? Check out the gif of Christine going to town on the slaw below!
- 2/3 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 head of red cabbage
- 1/2 head of green cabbage
- 2 carrots
(You can adjust the tang/sweetness levels by changing out the honey for lemon juice. Or even do 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of honey.)
- Chop heads of red and green cabbage and add to large bowl.
- Julienne cut the 2 carrots and add to large bowl.
- Combine mayonnaise, sugar, honey, pepper, salt, and vinegar in second bowl and mix until dressing is creamy.
- Combine dressing with cabbage and carrots and toss.
Just look at Christine pounding that slaw! Yeah! So good! In fact, Steve made that entire bowl just for her and she finished it in just a few days.