Teenage Boy Dies After Getting a Hickey
A deadly love bite?
The Mirror reports that a 17-year-old boy from Mexico City died after a hickey turned into a blood clot.
The boy was sitting with his family when he started convulsing. Paramedics were not able to save him. Doctors later confirmed that the cause of death was related to the hickey he had received from his girlfriend, earlier in the evening.
It is thought that the suction of the love bite – also known as a ‘hickey’ – caused a blood clot that travelled to Julio’s brain and caused him to have a stroke."
Apparently this is not the first time something like this has happened. In 2011, a woman in New Zealand almost died because of a blood clot sustained from a hickey. Except her blood clot had traveled to her heart.
So why would a hickey cause someone to die? Because the "sucking" part can damage a major artery hence causing the blood clot.
Wow, love LITERALLY bites.