The Worst Thing You Can Say In A Job Interview
So, you've just begun a job interview. What is the worst thing you can say?
A new survey ask hiring managers what made them NOT hire candidates.
Their number one answer? The candidate admitting that they're nervous.
Here's the complete list:
- If the candidate says "I'm nervous"
- Wearing clothes that are inappropriate
- Not making any eye contact
- Checking their cell phone
- Weird body language or posture
The managers were also asked about thing they did like about certain candidates. They said they loved when they're asked questions and engaged about the job that their interviewing for. In addition, they like to see people being their authentic selves.