Video Tour Of Mount Pleasant Brings Back Memories [Video]
The more things change, the more they remain the same.
While this video tour of Mount Pleasant brings back some great memories of places I hung out when I was going to Central, it also highlights the changes the town has seen in the thirty-plus years since.
Among the things staying the same:
* The rustic beauty of the Chippewa River and the dams north of town where we used to hang out.
* Hey, I used to live right by those railroad tracks!
* Island Park was a great place to get your head together after a bruising week of exams.
Among the changes:
* The immense commercial development along Mission Street.
* The new bars and restaurants downtown. (Marty's? What's a Marty's? And someone told me the Blackstone doesn't serve pizza any more. What hath God wrought?)
* The downtown Christmas decorations have been updated to a nicer glow.
* How many dorms do they need? There's now two sets of Towers?
* The trestle over High Street has a new paint job.
A reminder to me that Mt. Pleasant was a great place to live my young adult years.
And then there's always the 'Pure Michigan' take on the Mountain Town...