Your daily dose of whatever includes...
- Kim and Kanye will probably have their wedding on TV
- Cow farts blew up a farm
- Some Super Bowl commercials EARLY!
Macklemore Texted Kendrick Lamar to Apologize for Winning, and Said He Had an "Unfair Advantage Due to Race"
After winning four Grammys on Sunday . . . including Best Rap Album . . . MACKLEMORE sent KENDRICK LAMAR a text message, telling him that HE should've won Best Rap Album. And in a radio interview yesterday, Macklemore said he thinks that he had a, quote, "unfair advantage due to race."
The Grammys' "In Memoriam" Segment Misspelled Cory Monteith's Name . . . and There Were Some Snubs
It's easy to find fault in award shows' "In Memoriam" segments . . . since there's ALWAYS a dead artist or two that some find more notable than others do.
But it was LITERALLY easy to find fault with the Grammys' tribute on Sunday, because they MISSPELLED CORY MONTEITH'S name. In his last name, the "E" comes before the "I" . . . and they had it reversed. (Here's a screen-shot.)
Pharrell's Hat Was Designed 30 Years Ago By Sex Pistols Manager Malcolm McLaren
As it turns out, PHARRELL'S ridiculous Grammy hat is HISTORICAL. It's a "buffalo hat," which was designed about 30 years ago by SEX PISTOLS manager MALCOLM MCLAREN. Malcolm was also a musician, and the hat was featured in his video for "Buffalo Gals" in the '80s.
Trent Reznor Tweeted "[Eff] You" to the Grammys After They Cut Off His Performance
TRENT REZNOR blasted the Grammys for cutting off his performance at the end of Sunday's ceremony. He Tweeted, quote, "Music's biggest night . . . to be disrespected. A heartfelt [EFF] YOU guys." Someone from the Recording Academy said the show just ran too long.
Grammy Randoms: The Most Tweeted-About Moments, and the Ratings
1. "Entertainment Weekly" has a brief rundown of the most Tweeted-about moments from the Grammys. KENDRICK LAMAR'S performance with IMAGINE DRAGONS was #1.
2. The Grammys pulled in good ratings. Roughly 28.5 million people tuned in, which is up just a touch from the 28.4 million who tuned in last year.
3. Apparently MACKLEMORE is a TRUTHER who thinks PRESIDENT BUSH took down the Twin Towers. Or he used to be.
Sexy Pictures of Famous People
2. 50 CENT and MERYL STREEP had a good time together at the Knicks / Lakers game in New York on Sunday . . .
Which led to 50 posting a picture of Meryl snuggling up to him with KOBE BRYANT on the other side of her. The caption read, "Things got a little gangsta."
3. IAN SOMERHALDER'S cat likes to lay in his buttcrack.
4. BEYONCÉ would have suffered a slight nip-slip backstage at the Grammys, but she was wearing pasties.
6. You may have seen pictures of them before, but if not, here's what the DAFT PUNK guys look like without their helmets.
7. Back in November, somebody Tweeted a picture of HARRY STYLES peeing in some bushes, with his naked butt exposed. And now, "Baby Got Back" singer SIR MIX-A-LOT is giving his take.
8. While PEYTON MANNING is busting his butt preparing for the Super Bowl, TOM BRADY is hanging out on the beach in the Bahamas with a bikini-clad GISELE BUNDCHEN. So who's the real winner?
Steven Tyler's Advice to Justin Bieber is Apparently . . . Keep Doing What You're Doing
STEVEN TYLER apparently doesn't think JUSTIN BIEBER is doing anything wrong. Asked if he had any advice for Justin, Tyler noted that he's the biggest pop star in the world and was riding in an expensive car with a gorgeous woman. Therefore, Tyler's "advice" to Justin was, quote, "Nice going."
The Last Time Hillary Clinton Drove a Car, Oprah Was Just Starting Her Book Club and Lorde Was Just Being Born
HILLARY CLINTON has admitted that the last time she drove a car was in 1996. That's the year LORDE was born, OPRAH started her book club and SINBAD and JEFF FOXWORTHY hosted the "American Music Awards".
Here's what else was going on in 1996 . . .
"Jerry Maguire" was in theaters.
"Braveheart" won the Best Picture Oscar.
Celine Dion's "Because You Loved Me" was a #1 hit.
The Summer Olympics were in Atlanta.
Denzel Washington was "People" magazine's Sexiest Man Alive.
"Frasier" and "ER" were big Emmy winners.
"Rent" won the Tony for Best Musical.
Lorde was born on November 7th.
Oprah founded her book club.
Sinbad and Jeff Foxworthy hosted the "American Music Awards".
Here's An Advance Look at Three Super Bowl Commercials
Some Super Bowl commercials are online now. SodaStream has an ad with SCARLETT JOHANSSON, and Hyundai is previewing two of theirs. One features JOHNNY GALECKI from "The Big Bang Theory", and another one that's a lot better shows a dad saving his son from disaster several times throughout his childhood.
The first one features SCARLETT JOHANSSON getting sexy for SodaStream. And yes, she's hot, but there's just not much more to it. And she's a little too DRESSED.
Then there are two from Hyundai. The first one features JOHNNY GALECKI from "The Big Bang Theory", and it's not very good.
It also features RICHARD LEWIS and it's set to "Evil Woman" by Electric Light Orchestra, but neither of those things saves it.
The second one is a lot better. It's for the new Hyundai Genesis, and it shows a dad saving his son from DISASTER several times throughout his childhood.
The message is that the car's auto emergency braking system is there to protect your kids when you're not.
"Madden NFL" Predicts a 31 - 28 Overtime Win for the Denver Broncos . . . But Richard Sherman Returns an Interception for a Touchdown
As usual, EA Sports simulated the upcoming Super Bowl on their latest "Madden NFL" game . . . and they say the Broncos will win 31 - 28 in overtime. In other words, it all comes down to a field goal for Denver.
But everyone's favorite Seahawks defender RICHARD SHERMAN does return an interception for a touchdown.
They're predicting an exciting game with several lead changes. And PEYTON MANNING ends up being the MVP, with three touchdowns. And EA Sports says it's nailed 8 of the last 10 Super Bowls, so there's that.
A Washington Butcher Makes Sausage with Skittles In It, In Honor of Marshawn Lynch
Seattle Seahawks running back MARSHAWN LYNCH loves Skittles. And so, in his honor, a butcher in Pallyup, Washington is putting them in HOT SAUSAGE. (???)
He calls it "Beast Mode", which is Marshawn's nickname. It sounds nasty, but apparently, a lot of his customers like it. (Check out a news report on this insanity here.)
Movie Theater Owners Want Shorter Trailers That Don't Give Away the Whole Movie
The National Association of Theater Owners has issued some "voluntary guidelines" calling for trailers to be no longer than TWO MINUTES. That's 30 seconds shorter than the current norm.
Tuesday TV Reminders:
• "State of the Union Address" . . . 9:00 to 11:00 P.M. Eastern on all the major networks, except for the CW.
• "Face Off" . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on Syfy. The 13 remaining artists are tasked with creating original dragon makeup.
• "The Capones" [Series Premiere] . . . 10:00 to 11 :00 P.M. on Reelz. A reality show about Capone's Restaurant & Pizzeria, an Italian restaurant run by the descendants of Al Capone.
Tonight's Late Night Talk Shows:
• "Letterman" - Eric Stonestreet ("Modern Family"). Music Guest: Bastille.
• "Jimmy Kimmel" - Morgan Freeman and Anna Faris. Music Guest: Motley Crue.
• "The Tonight Show" - Wanda Sykes, Thomas Haden Church, and Dwight Yoakam.
• "Jimmy Fallon" - Seth Meyers talks about becoming the new host of "Late Night" and sportscaster Joe Buck talks about the Super Bowl. Music Guest: Liv Warfield.
• "Carson Daly" - The host of Discovery's "Lone Target", ex-Navy SEAL Joel Lambert. Music Guest: The Blank Tapes.
• "Arsenio" - Andrew Dice Clay ("Blue Jasmine") and Yvette Nicole Brown ("Community"). Music Guest: YG featuring Jeezy.
• "Conan" - Greg Kinnear ("Rake"). Music Guest: Jimmy Vivino & the Black Italians.
• "Craig Ferguson" - Mark Wahlberg ("Lone Survivor") and Michaela Conlin ("Bones"). (REPEAT)
• "Chelsea Lately" - Gabrielle Union.
• "Jon Stewart" - Louis C.K.
• "The Colbert Report" - New York Giants defensive end Justin Tuck.
Today's Showbiz Minute: Kim and Kanye's TV Wedding . . . Plus, Angry Lawsuits from Quentin Tarantino and Prince
RadarOnline claims KIM KARDASHIAN and KANYE WEST'S wedding is happening in France this June . . . and that it will be TELEVISED.
Supposedly, it'll air as part of "Keeping Up with the Kardashians", so the E! network will be picking up "most" of the bill . . . not that Kim and Kanye would need any assistance in that regard.
An "insider" says, quote, "Kim persuaded Kanye to let the cameras roll because . . . it's a lot easier for a network to deal with logistics of a foreign wedding than if it were just the two of them planning it."
Earlier this month, QUENTIN TARANTINO abandoned his plans to make his next movie, "The Hateful Eight", after the script LEAKED online.
Gawker.com posted some links to the script online . . . and now, Quentin is suing the site for basically encouraging people to read it illegally.
But Gawker argues that they didn't do anything wrong, because they weren't the ones who leaked it in the first place. And they claim Quentin actually WANTED his fans to be able to find and read the script online.
PRINCE has started another BEEF with the Internet. He's now suing "22 Internet users" for $1 million each for posting unauthorized Prince concert videos from the '80s on Facebook.
Prince is also seeking any profits generated from the material . . . plus interest and legal fees.
"Bad Grandpa" is Out on DVD and Michael Myers is Coming to "Call of Duty"
Here's what's new on DVD today:
• "Bad Grandpa" with Johnny Knoxville as his 86-year-old character Irving Zisman
• "The Fifth Estate", starring Benedict Cumberbatch as the guy behind Wikileaks.
• "Rush", starring Chris Hemsworth as a formula one race car driver.
• "Last Vegas". . . Robert DeNiro, Michael Douglas, Kevin Kline, Morgan Freeman.
• "Metallica: Through the Never" . . . starring Dane DeHaan as a roadie for Metallica.
• "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2" . . . voices of Bill Hader and Anna Faris.
Here's what's new in the past week to Netflix Instant Streaming:
• "Mitt", the documentary about Mitt Romney's run for President came out on Friday.
• "The Croods" will be out tomorrow, January 29th. That's the animated caveman movie featuring the voices of Nicolas Cage, Emma Stone and Ryan Reynolds.
And here's what your kids are excited about in the world of video games:
• The first batch of downloadable content for "Call of Duty: Ghosts" is out on both versions of the Xbox. It's called Onslaught and what's interesting about this one is a new map where you get to become Michael Myers and chase people with an axe as the music to "Halloween" plays in the background. Skip to 1:00 on this preview video.
• "Tomb Raider" hits the Xbox One and PS4 next-gen consoles as "The Definitive Edition" which includes all the previously released DLC.
New CDs from David Crosby, and the Prog Rock Supergroup Transatlantic
• "Croz", David Crosby's first solo album in 20 years.
• "Red Dragon Cartel", the debut album from Red Dragon Cartel
• "Into the Lime", the debut album from The New Mendicants
• "Goodnight Tender", a country album from Amy Ray of the Indigo Girls
• "Too True", Dum Dum Girls
• "Maui Tears", Sleepy Sun
• "Kaleidoscope", the prog rock supergroup Transatlantic . . . which is made up of Roine Stolt of the Flower Kings, Mike Portnoy from Dream Theater, Neal Morse from Spock's Beard, and Pete Trewavas of Marillion.
• "Thrive", the Christian rock band Casting Crowns
• "Ready to Fly", Christian minx Jamie Grace
• "Only Me", country singer Rhonda Vincent. It includes guest performances from Willie Nelson and Daryle Singletary.
• "Sing Your Own Song", the debut album of the country duo North 40.
• "Restoring Force", the metalcore band Of Mice & Men
• "Eve", Angelique Kidjo . . . a Grammy-winning singer from Africa's Republic of Benin
The Key to a Happy Marriage Is . . . a Husband Who Works Long Hours
According to a new study by the University of Texas, the key to a happy marriage is a husband who works at least 50 hours a week. Their theory WHY is surprisingly sexist though. They believe when men work longer hours, it means they can afford a MAID . . . which makes their wife happy and gives her more time to exercise.
One Out of Three People Has Rebound Sex in the First Month After a Breakup
According to a new study, ONE out of THREE people has REBOUND SEX within a month of a breakup. And obviously you're more likely to have rebound sex if you're the one who gets dumped, as opposed to being the one who did the dumping.
The Three Biggest Things That Make Coworkers Hate Each Other
A new survey found the three biggest things that make coworkers HATE each other. They are: Coworkers who always take the best vacation days so you can't get time off . . . coworkers who steal your food from the fridge at work . . . and coworkers who make you work extra by taking long lunch breaks.
1. Coworkers who always take the best vacation days, so you can't get time off.
2. Coworkers who steal your food from the office fridge.
3. Coworkers who slow you down or make you work extra by taking super long lunch breaks.
And here's a heads-up if the vacation one bugs you: The survey also found 84% of people have already sketched out their rough vacation plans for the year . . . and have already requested the days off, or are ABOUT to, so they can beat their coworkers to it. (Daily Mail)
Want to Make a Quick $3,000? Just Let the U.S. Government Infect You With Swine Flu
The National Institutes of Health is in the middle of a massive clinical research study to find a cure for the flu and they're looking for volunteers. You can get $3,000 . . . you just have to let them INFECT YOU with the flu to get paid.
In the Next 30 Seconds, You'll Take Eight Breaths, Blink Six Times, and Shed 174,000 Skin Cells
It's AMAZING how much your body's doing without you even thinking about it. In the next 30 seconds, your body will produce 72 million red blood cells . . . your blood will travel four miles . . . your heart will beat 36 times . . . you'll shed 174,000 skin cells . . . you'll blink six times . . . and you'll take eight breaths.
1. You'll take eight breaths.
2. You'll produce 72 million red blood cells.
3. Your blood will travel FOUR MILES.
4. You'll shed 174,000 skin cells.
5. You'll blink six times.
6. You'll have 25 thoughts.
7. Your heart will beat 36 times.
8. And your body will generate 100 watts of energy. (Yahoo)
Five Random Facts For Tuesday
1. During "Kingpin", BILL MURRAY'S character has to roll three strikes in a row to win the final tournament. The scene wasn't edited . . . Bill Murray actually rolled three strikes in a row on the first take.
2. There are ridges around the edges of quarters because they used to be made of silver, and people would shave a little silver off the sides since it was so valuable. So the ridges made sure people could tell if the quarters had been shaved.
3. There was once a three-way pro baseball game. In 1944, the Yankees, Dodgers, and Giants played to raise money for World War Two. Each team batted three times against both other teams' pitching and defense. The Dodgers won.
4. There are approximately 200 different types of fungi on your foot right now.
5. Approximately one out of every eight workers in the U.S. has worked for McDonald's at some point in their lives.
The Average Beer Drinker Spends Nearly $1,300 a Year on Beer . . . And Either Loves Budweiser or Hates It
According to a new survey, the average beer drinker spends $1,270 a YEAR on beer, which is about what it costs to be a five-pack-a-week SMOKER. And apparently people either LOVE Budweiser or HATE it, because 51% said it's their FAVORITE beer . . . and 46% said it's their LEAST-favorite.
Mexico's Only Sending One Athlete to the Winter Olympics . . . a 54-Year-Old German Prince and Pop Star
Mexico's only sending ONE athlete to the Winter Olympics next month. He's a 54-year-old PRINCE and aspiring pop star from a German royal family, who's one-eighth Mexican . . . although he was born in Mexico. He competes in the slalom, and he'll be the second-oldest Winter Olympian in history . . . but he's not expected to win a medal.
1. He's a slalom skier named Prince Hubertus of Hohenlohe-Langenburg. Yes, a PRINCE. He comes from a German royal family.
2. He's only one-eighth Mexican, with a half-Mexican grandmother. But he was born in Mexico . . . because his family thought it would be cool to have one Mexican member.
3. That was a long time ago. He's now FIFTY-FOUR years old. That will make him the second-oldest Winter Olympian in history when he competes next month. The oldest was an 83-year-old Norwegian ski jumper who medaled in 1924.
4. He's competed for Mexico in the Olympics five times before: 1984, 1988, 1992, 1994, and 2010. When he competed for them in 1984, he was their first Winter Olympian since a bobsled team in 1928.
5. He's never won a medal, and isn't expected to win one this year.
6. He spent the first four years of his life there, and IS a citizen . . . but only spends a few months a year there, in Cabo. He spends most of his time in Lichtenstein where he does photography and pop music.
What's the Dumbest Thing You've Ever Seen Someone Get Offended By?
Passionate, unhinged outrage is par for the course on the Internet . . . every day there's a new story or trend that ENRAGES people until they get distracted by something shiny and move on.
A Police Captain in Indiana Confirms That a Family's Home Is Haunted
A family in Gary, Indiana has fled their house . . . because they swore it was HAUNTED. And their case workers, a priest, and the Gary police captain all AGREE. When they lived in the house, crazy stuff would happen . . . like mysterious footprints and LEVITATING CHILDREN. Now that they're gone, they haven't had any haunting incidents.
A Guy Runs Back Into a Burning House . . . To Save His Xbox
A guy in Kansas who hasn't been identified woke up to his HOUSE on fire early Friday morning, and managed to make it outside safely. But then he ran back INTO the fire . . . to save his XBOX. He was treated for smoke inhalation, and the house suffered about $80,000 in damages. No word on the condition of the Xbox.
A Woman Calls the Cops on Her Neighbors When She Hears Them Fighting . . . But It Turns Out They Were Just Having Rough Sex
A woman in Florida called 911 on Sunday when she THOUGHT she heard her neighbors in a domestic violence situation. But when police arrived, they questioned the couple separately . . . and were able to verify they'd actually just been having ROUGH SEX.
The Flatulence From 90 Extremely Gassy Cows Made a Farm Explode
Yesterday, at a dairy farm in Germany, 90 cows were particularly GASSY . . . and that means they were releasing a lot of METHANE. Then some static electricity actually ignited the methane . . . and the farm shed EXPLODED. No one was killed, but one cow did need to be treated for burns.
Ariel Winter - 16 (Alex Dunphy on "Modern Family". Ariel started living with her sister at the end of 2012 after claiming that her mother abused her.)
ELIJAH WOOD - 33 (Frodo Baggins in the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy. He's also in the "Hobbit" movies . . . even though his character didn't appear in the book.)
NICK CARTER - 34 (Cute, smooth blondie in the Backstreet Boys!)
Rosamund Pike - 35 (Sexy British actress who played Andromeda in "Wrath of the Titans", and the Bond girl Miranda Frost in "Die Another Day".)
JOEY FATONE - 37 (Fat One in 'N SYNC and "Dancing with the Stars" superstar.)
Rick Ross - 38 (Obese rapper for Miami who used to work as a prison guard.)
Kathryn Morris - 45 (The chick from "Cold Case".)
Rakim - 46 (Hip-hop pioneer and inspiration to many of today's top MCs . . . including Eminem.)
Sarah McLachlan - 46 (Sexy singer whose main talent is making people feel sorry for stray kittens and abused beagles.)
Ebony Ayes - 52 (Nubian mattress actress who's starred in 168 fine films, including "Black 'N Blew", "Lust Of Blackula" and "Ebony Humpers" 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5!)
BARBI BENTON! - 64 ("Hee Haw" minx who appeared in several "Playboy" spreads AND lived with Hugh Hefner from 1969 to 1976 . . . way back before he made all his women share him with two other girls.)
Mikhail Baryshnikov - 66 (Legendary ballet dancer who lost his straight male fans when he played Carrie's second-to-last boyfriend on "Sex and the City".)
Alan Alda - 78 (Hawkeye Pierce on "M*A*S*H" . . . AND Senator Arnold Vinick on "The West Wing".)
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 3 days to the Year of the Horse
• 5 days until Super Bowl 48
• 10 days to the Winter Olympics
• 12 days to "The Walking Dead"
• 17 days to Valentine's Day
• 1,088 days left of "Hope and Change"
136 years ago . . . in 1878 - The FIRST TELEPHONE SWITCHBOARD went online, in New Haven, Connecticut. There were 21 subscribers and one operator, who answered the phone with, "Ahoy, Ahoy" . . . then, rudely put the caller on hold.
41 years ago . . . in 1973 - "Barnaby Jones" premiered on CBS, starring sexy LEE MERIWETHER and sexy BUDDY EBSEN! Sadly, it went away in 1980.
36 years ago . . . in 1978 - "Fantasy Island" premiered on ABC . . . with RICARDO MONTALBAN as Mr. Rourke, and HERVE VILLECHAIZE as Tattoo! The show lasted until 1984.
36 years ago . . . in 1978 - A "true fan" of TED NUGENT made a rather unique autograph request . . . because paper deteriorates over time and ink is so messy, the fan asked The Nuge to CARVE HIS NAME INTO HIS ARM. The Nuge obliged.
32 years ago . . . in 1982 - RHEA PERLMAN married DANNY DEVITO. They seemed like an unbreakable Hollywood couple, but split up in 2013. Last we heard they had reconciled and were got together.
29 years ago . . . in 1985 - Dozens of music's top stars "left their egos at the door" and recorded a song written by Michael Jackson, Quincy Jones and Lionel Richie.
Following the American Music Awards, 45 artists including Bruce Springsteen, Stevie Wonder, Sting, Kenny Rogers, HALL & OATES, TITO JACKSON, SHEILA E. and DAN AYKROYD (?) spent all night recording "We Are The World".
28 years ago . . . in 1986 - THE SPACE SHUTTLE CHALLENGER EXPLODED. It happened 73 seconds after liftoff, and killed all seven crew members: flight commander Dick Scobee; pilot Michael Smith; Ronald McNair; ELLISON OZINUKA; Judith Resnik; Gregory Jarvis; and schoolteacher CHRISTA MCAULIFFE.
24 years ago . . . in 1990 - The SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS destroyed the DENVER BRONCOS, 55-10, to win SUPER BOWL 24. It was their FOURTH Super Bowl title . . . and 49ers quarterback JOE MONTANA won his third MVP award.
20 years ago . . . in 1994 - EDWARD JAMES OLMOS married his second wife, "Sopranos" star LORRAINE BRACCO. They divorced eight years later.
18 years ago . . . in 1996 - The DALLAS COWBOYS beat the PITTSBURGH STEELERS, 27-17, to win SUPER BOWL 30. It was the Cowboys' FIFTH Super Bowl win. Dallas cornerback LARRY BROWN intercepted two passes in the second half to be voted the game's MVP.
16 years ago . . . in 1998 - Country music star TRACY LAWRENCE was convicted of battery for beating his wife back in September of 1997. He was sentenced to pay $500 to a Las Vegas shelter for battered women.
13 years ago . . . in 2001 - The BALTIMORE RAVENS beat the NEW YORK GIANTS, 34-7, to win SUPER BOWL 35. Baltimore linebacker RAY LEWIS was the MVP.
13 years ago . . . in 2001 - The first episode of "Survivor: The Australian Outback" aired. It didn't suck. Though it DID suck that Mantastic Texan COLBY DONALDSON lost a million bucks to Dr. Laura Lookalike TINA WESSON. I STILL LOVE YOU, COLBY!)
Six years ago . . . in 2008 - MADONNA topped "Forbes'" first ever list for richest female musician by earning $72 million the previous year.