Your daily dose of whatever includes:
- Celebrity Super Bowl Picks
- Seinfeld reunion?!?!?!
- How much time you've wasted on Facebook
Are These Celebrities Rooting for the Broncos or the Seahawks?
Are these celebrities rooting for the Broncos or the Seahawks? Macklemore, Sarah Palin, Jessica Biel, and Tiger Woods . . . the answers are Seahawks, Seahawks, Broncos and Broncos.
Macklemore . . . Seattle Seahawks
Don Cheadle . . . Denver Broncos
Jessica Biel . . . Broncos
"South Park" geniuses Trey Parker and Matt Stone . . . Broncos
Sarah Palin . . . Seahawks
Sir Mix-A-Lot . . . Seahawks
NASCAR star Kyle Busch . . . Broncos
Dave Matthews . . . Seahawks
Roseanne Barr . . . Broncos
Kenny G . . . Seahawks
Patrick Warburton, a.k.a. Puddy from "Seinfeld" . . . Broncos
Anna Faris . . . Seahawks
Tiger Woods . . . Broncos
Kate Hudson . . . Broncos
Five Facts About Super Bowl 48
The "New York Post" has put together a list of 48 Facts About Super Bowl 48. It includes: No member of the Seahawks has ever appeared in the Super Bowl . . . and only four Broncos have. Quarterback Peyton Manning is the only one who has a ring.
1. No member of the Seahawks has ever appeared in the Super Bowl. This is the first time since the 1990 Buffalo Bills that a team had no prior experience. The Bills lost the Super Bowl that year . . . and they also lost the year after, the year after that, and then the year after THAT.
2. Peyton Manning is the only player on either team to win a Super Bowl ring. Only three others have even appeared in the Big Game . . . Broncos wide receiver Wes Welker (2008, 2012), tight end Jacob Tamme (2010) and cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (2009).
3. Broncos running back Knowshon Moreno's first name is a combination of his father's nickname, "Knowledge," and his mother's name, "Varashon."
4. Seahawks coach Pete Carroll is a diehard fan of The Grateful Dead.
5. The Broncos have more than 466,000 Twitter followers, while the Seahawks have over 428,000. Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman leads players with the most followers at more than 736,000 . . . most of which he probably got over the past two weeks.
Seven Super Bowl Randoms: Colin Kaepernick Didn't Like Richard Sherman's Outburst . . . a Super Bowl Prostitution Bust . . . and More
1. Not surprisingly, San Francisco 49ers quarterback COLIN KAEPERNICK was NOT a fan of RICHARD SHERMAN'S outburst, after they lost to the Seahawks. He said, quote, "The question [to Sherman] wasn't even directed toward that . . .
"And [he] just went off on a tangent. Just like, 'Oh, [MICHAEL CRABTREE is] a mediocre receiver' and this and that. Really? You're gonna call him a mediocre receiver? . . . Come on."
2. New York cops busted a "high-end" prostitution ring yesterday, which was apparently hoping to capitalize on all the rich people coming to New Jersey for the Super Bowl. In all 18 people were arrested.
It's unclear exactly how they were caught, but supposedly they were actually advertising on PUBLIC ACCESS TV . . . so that probably didn't help.
3. If you weren't aware, New Yorkers are apparently not too fond of sportscaster JOE BUCK. A new FunnyOrDie.com skit shows him trying to shoot a Super Bowl promo in the city, but he keeps getting interrupted by New Yorkers saying they HATE him.
Sexy Pictures of Famous People
1. Sexy Video: 68-year-old minx HELEN MIRREN TWERKED while accepting the Woman of the Year Award from a Harvard theatrical group. (Skip to the 1:50 mark at the video here for that glorious moment.)
2. If VANESSA HUDGENS wants to finally break free of her Disney image, then the shirt she wore jogging the other day should help. It had the word "Dank" spelled out in Disney lettering, with a pot leaf in place of the "a". (Dank is a slang term for something of high quality. It's often used to describe weed.)
3. There's an app called FatBooth that can manipulate pictures so people look a lot more candy-coated than they really are. It was only a matter of time before someone used it on celebrities.
4. And now . . . 22 GIFs of the ridiculousness that went down during MILEY CYRUS'"MTV Unplugged" special.
5. TIFFANI THIESSEN looked fantastic in a red one-piece during a Mexican vacation. Someone needs to start a White House petition demanding she jump into a bikini next time.
6. Maybe he really IS Yeezus: Did KANYE WEST'S face appear on a woman's KNEE?
George Zimmerman Will Do a Charity Boxing Match . . . And He's Willing to Fight a Black Guy
GEORGE ZIMMERMAN is going to box someone for charity on March 1st. His opponent hasn't been chosen, but there's an email for people who want in. And there's a rapper who wants to, quote, "beat the [eff] out of" him to teach him that, quote, "you can solve your disputes without a weapon."
Zac Efron's "Awkward Moment" and Kate Winslet's "Labor Day"
Zac Efron stars in this movie about three guys trying to avoid commitment, who end up getting sucked into relationships anyway. His friends are played by Miles Teller, who was Willard in the "Footloose" remake, and Michael B, Jordan from "Fruitvale Station".
(Ladies, you NEED to check out the Red Band Trailer, if for no other reason than to see Zac's unclothed body at the 0:57 mark. You'll probably also enjoy the scene at 2:13 where he goes a party with a fake penis hanging out of his pants.)
Kate Winslet plays a single mom who falls in love with Josh Brolin, an escaped convict who forces her to hide him in her home. It's narrated by Tobey Maguire and directed by Jason Reitman, who did "Juno" and "Thank You For Smoking".
(That last name sounds familiar because Jason's dad, Ivan Reitman, is the guy who did "Ghostbusters", "Stripes", "Twins", "Kindergarten Cop", and "Junior".)
3. And now, some limited releases you may or may not care about:
--"At Middleton" stars Andy Garcia and Vera Farmiga fall in love while touring a college campus with their kids. Vera's little sister Taissa Farmiga plays her daughter in the movie. Taissa is also Zoe Benson on "American Horror Story: Coven". (Trailer)
--"California Scheming" starring Joe Mantegna's hot daughter, Gia Mantegna, as a girl who moves to California and manipulates three teens into committing various minor crimes, which lead up to a disturbing home invasion. (Trailer) (Red Band Trailer)
You'll find theater locations and streaming options on this memorable Facebook photo.
Upcoming CD, DVD, Games, and Theatrical Releases
Theatrical Releases for Next Friday:
• "The LEGO Movie" . . . the voices of Chris Pratt, Will Ferrell, and Morgan Freeman.
• "The Monuments Men" . . . George Clooney, Matt Damon, and Bill Murray.
• "Vampire Academy" . . . starring Zoey Deutch and Lucy Fry as teenage vampires.
• (Limited) "A Fantastic Fear of Everything" . . . Simon Pegg plays a paranoid novelist.
DVDs for Tuesday:
• "Dallas Buyers Club" . . . starring Matthew McConaughey.
• "Romeo and Juliet" . . . starring Hailee Steinfeld as Juliet.
• "Escape Plan" . . . starring Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger.
• "Baggage Claim" . . . starring Paula Patton and Taye Diggs.
• "About Time" . . . Domhnall Gleeson as a time traveler dating Rachel McAdams.
• "Free Birds" . . . Owen Wilson and Woody Harrelson as time traveling turkeys.
Games for Tuesday:
• "The LEGO Movie Video Game" on XboxOne, Xbox360, PS4, PS3, WiiU and PC.
CDs for Tuesday:
• "Now That's What I Call Music 49"
• "Love, Marriage, & Divorce", Toni Braxton and Babyface
• "After the Disco", Broken Bells
• "The Royal Sessions", Paul Rodgers
• "Hydra", Within Temptation
• "Eric Paslay", Eric Paslay
What's the Mysterious "Seinfeld" Project? Here Are Six Clues
JERRY SEINFELD says the secret project he recently filmed with JASON ALEXANDER is NOT a Super Bowl commercial . . . but Jason DID play George Costanza, and that "other 'Seinfeld' characters" were involved.
1. Jason Alexander is playing "George Costanza" . . . not himself.
2. Other 'Seinfeld' characters" WERE involved, and Larry David was NOT on camera, just like on "Seinfeld".
3. Not all the filming was done at the restaurant, and that there were "other locations." But they did NOT include "an apartment on the West Side."
4. It's longer than 60 seconds, but it's more of a short-form thing. And he wouldn't say what company filmed it.
5. We'll see it, quote, "very, very soon." But it's not something that will continue. Quote, "I think it's one and done."
6. In denying that it's a Super Bowl ad or a "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee" thing, he also added, quote, "BUT, it is not NOT those things, either." Typical Seinfeld humor.
(The interview was with the WFAN radio show "Boomer and Carton" yesterday. The "Seinfeld" reunion-related audio can be found, here.)
Is a "Full House" Reunion in the Works?
JOHN STAMOS is hinting at a "Full House" reunion. He says, quote, "There's sort of one in the works. We've been so protective of its legacy, and we can't say yet. But as we're speaking now, there's a little bit of a twist on a reunion, and hopefully it'll happen. Because everyone wants to see it!"
Weekend TV Reminders:
• "The Carrie Diaries" [2nd Season Finale] Friday from 8:00 to 9:00 P.M. on the CW.
• "Jay Leno: Mr. Comedy" . . . Friday from 10:00 to 10:30 P.M. on the CNN. A tribute to Jay Leno's career in anticipation of his leaving "The Tonight Show" next Thursday.
• "The 3rd Annual NFL Honors" . . . Saturday from 8:00 to 10:00 P.M. on Fox. Alec Baldwin hosts as the league recognizes its top players.
• "The Gabby Douglas Story" . . . Saturday from 8:00 to 10:00 P.M. on the Lifetime. A made-for-TV movie about the life of Olympic gymnast Gabby Douglas. Imani Hakim from "Everybody Hates Chris" is one of the two girls playing Gabby.
• "Saturday Night Live" . . . Saturday from 11:30 P.M. to 1:00 A.M. on the NBC. Melissa McCarty is the host and Imagine Dragons is the musical guest.
• "Super Bowl 48" . . . Sunday from 6:00 to 10:00 P.M. Eastern on Fox. This year it's the Denver Broncos vs. the Seattle Seahawks at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey. Or Peyton Manning vs. the unbridled WRATH of Richard Sherman, if you prefer.
Queen Latifah will sing "America the Beautiful", Bruno Mars is performing at half-time with the Red Hot Chili Peppers., and opera singer Renee Fleming is singing the National Anthem.
• "New Girl" and "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" have the coveted post-game slot, with Prince as a guest on "New Girl", and Joe Theismann appearing on "Brooklyn Nine-Nine".
• "Sherlock" [3rd Season Finale] . . . Sunday from 10:00 to 11:30 P.M. on PBS. The third episode from the new season of "Sherlock" airs as part of "Masterpiece Mystery!".
Tonight's Late Night Talk Shows:
• "Letterman" - Bill Murray ("The Monuments Men"). Music Guest: Eagulls.
• "Jimmy Kimmel" -Kim Kardashian, Jason Derulo, and "Bachelor" couple Sean Lowe and Catherine Giudici. (REPEAT)
• "The Tonight Show" - Tim Allen. Music Guest: Sara Bareilles.
• "Jimmy Fallon" - David Beckham and "Inside Comedy" host David Steinberg.
• "Carson Daly" - Comedian Brody Stevens and a look at the documentary "Blackfish". Music Guest: Vanish Valley. (REPEAT)
• "Arsenio" - Ming-Na ("Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."). Music Guest: Bow Wow.
• "Craig Ferguson" - Hayden Panettiere and comedienne Brooke Van Poppelen.
• "Chelsea Lately" - Timothy Olyphant. (Repeat)
Five Random Facts For Friday
1. Snickers are named after the Mars family's favorite horse.
2. The guy who invented the "upside-down" ketchup bottles with the opening at the bottom instead of the top sold his company to Heinz in 1995 for $13 million.
3. You're more likely to be stung by a bee if you're eating a banana. The chemical compound that gives bananas their taste also works as a pheromone that makes bees angry.
4. Pretzels got their shape when French and Italian monks baked bread in the 7th century, and tried to resemble the shape of arms in prayer.
5. PHIL ROBERTSON of "Duck Dynasty" played quarterback at Louisiana Tech University in the late '60s. He left school early to focus on duck hunting, which opened up the spot for the backup quarterback . . . TERRY BRADSHAW.
Here's a Five-Second Test to See If You're a Good Liar
Here's a five-second test to tell if you're a GOOD LIAR. Take your index finger and draw a capital letter "Q" on your forehead. If you drew it with the bottom tail pointing left, so someone looking at your forehead would read it normally, it means you're aware of how people perceive you and you're a good liar. If you drew it with the bottom tail pointing right, you're bad at lying.
A Woman in Ohio Wants to Legally Change Her Name to "Sexy" . . . Is She Sexy Enough to Pull It Off?
A woman in Ohio named Shelia wants to legally change her name . . . to "SEXY." She won't say how old she is . . . all we know is she has two teenage daughters and looks to be in her early 40s. She says she chose "Sexy" because she wears Victoria's Secret all the time . . . and if the judge denies that, her backup name is "Sparkle."
A Millionaire Can't Understand Why His Wife Is Upset . . . After He Dumped Her For a Woman 30 Years Younger, and Asked Her to Stay in the House as a Maid
Earlier this week, a multimillionaire in London who's in his 70s was in divorce court with his ex-wife, who's in her 50s. About five years ago, he DUMPED her for a woman 30 years younger . . . then asked her to stay in the house as a MAID. He says he doesn't understand why that upset her. She ended up getting about HALF his money . . . about $10 MILLION.
What's the Best Mistake You've Ever Made?
What's the best mistake you've ever made? A few of our favorites are a guy who drunkenly picked a bar fight, got kicked in the head, and the MRI found a brain tumor . . . and a guy who popped the clutch on his motorcycle before he could make a turn, just as a truck blew through a red light in the opposite direction.
23 Million Americans Have Broken Their Cell Phone Watching Sports . . . Here Are the Five Most Common Ways
Here's a pre-Super Bowl warning: According to a new survey, 23 million Americans have broken or destroyed their cell phone while watching sports. The most common ways are dropping it on the floor . . . dropping it in the toilet . . . spilling water on it . . . or dropping it in beer.
1. Dropping it on the floor, 33%.
2. Dropping it in the toilet or spilling water on it, 18%.
3. Dropping it in BEER, 13%.
4. Throwing it in anger or excitement, 12%.
5. Letting it fall off the bar or a table, 8%.
The survey also found Seahawks fans had 46% more phone accidents during games in the past year than Broncos fans. (BGR)
Half of All Diets Only Last 24 Hours . . . And the Top 10 Reasons Diets Fail
According to a new survey, HALF of diets only last 24 HOURS or LESS. And if you DO make it to the second day, the average diet fails after 11 days. The top reasons why diets fail are: Being stressed . . . rewarding yourself . . . having a bad day at work . . . being offered dessert . . . and having a glass of wine after work.
1. Being stressed.
2. Thinking, "I'm just going to reward myself."
3. Having a bad day at work.
4. Being offered dessert.
5. Having a glass of wine after work.
6. Being sick.
7. Going out with people who aren't watching what they eat.
8. Having a bad night's sleep.
9. Cold weather.
10. A break-up.
An Elementary School Took 40 Kids' Lunches and Threw Them Away . . . Because Their Parents Had Unpaid Balances
On Tuesday, an elementary school in Utah wanted to send a message to parents who had unpaid balances on their children's meal accounts. So after 40 kids got their lunches, the cafeteria workers SNATCHED them away and threw them out. The kids were humiliated, and, naturally, their parents are OUTRAGED.
Want to Know How Much of Your Life You've Wasted on Facebook? Here's a Calculator to Help You Figure It Out
"Time" magazine created an online calculator that figures out how much of your life you've wasted on FACEBOOK. First you estimate how much you use it each day, which is 17 minutes for the average person. Then it scans your entire Facebook history and spits out a number. Chances are you've wasted WEEKS on there.
A Judge Ruled Against a Woman in Court . . . Because She Didn't Accept Her Friend Request on Facebook?
A female judge in Florida was kicked off a divorce case last week, after she sent a Facebook FRIEND REQUEST to the WIFE in the case . . . then ruled AGAINST her because the woman didn't ACCEPT it.
A Man Robs a Hallmark Store by Handing Them a Custom Greeting Card That Says "Give Me All the Money Or I Will Kill You"
Last week, a man walked into a Hallmark store in Philadelphia and handed the cashier a custom greeting card that said, quote, "Give me all the money or I will kill you." The cashier didn't buy the super-creative death threat and called over another employee to check it out. The guy took off without money OR the card. The police are trying to track him down.
JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE is 33
(GETS TO NAIL JESSICA BIEL ANYTIME HE WANTS TO.
How can birthdays mean ANYTHING to a guy in this position?)
Joel Courtney - 18 (The star of "Super 8". He's playing Tom Sawyer in "Tom Sawyer & Huckleberry Finn".)
Lisa Marie - 31 (Mattress actress who's starred in 183 fine films, including . . . "Bustful of Dollars", "Last Whore House on the Left", "Lick Clique", "Sophisticated Sluts", "Sloppy Ho's", and "Drink His [Bleep] From My [Bleep]".)
Kerry Washington - 37 (Sexy Nubian minx who stars on ABC's "Scandal", and was the reason why Jamie Foxx goes off in "Django Unchained".)
Anna Silk - 40 (Bo, the succubus star of Syfy's "Lost Girl".)
Portia de Rossi - 41 (Ellen's real-life gorgeous lesbian wife; she got her start on "Ally McBeal" and then played Jason Bateman's sister on "Arrested Development".)
Minnie Driver - 44 (Matt Damon used to nail her. John Cusack used to nail her. I think I may have nailed her.)
Daniel Moder - 45 (Gets to nail Julia Roberts ANYTIME HE WANTS TO.)
Anthony LaPaglia - 55 (Believe it or not, he's the guy HBO originally wanted for Tony Soprano, but he stupidly turned them down. James Gandolfini became a household name by taking the role. But Anthony LaPaglia is still alive, so . . . winner?)
Johnny Rotten - 58 (Sex Pistols idiot.) (Real name: John Lydon.)
HARRY CASEY - 63 (He IS K.C. of K.C. & THE SUNSHINE BAND! Their classic jams include "Get Down Tonight", "That's the Way (I Like It)", "(Shake, Shake, Shake) Shake Your Booty", "I'm Your Boogie Man", and "Please Don't Go".)
Nolan Ryan - 67 (Baseball Hall-of-Fame pitcher and Advil whore.)
Ernie Banks - 83 (Chicago Cubs legend.)
Carol Channing - 93 ("Hello Dolly" MINX. Her current career goal? Outlive Betty White.)
Suzanne Pleshette - (1937 - 2008) ("The Bob Newhart Show" minx. Also in the Hitchcock classic "The Birds". In 2001, she married Tom Poston . . . who WAS Cliff Murdock on "The Bob Newhart Show" with her. He passed away in April of 2007.)
Norman Mailer - Would have been 91 (1923 - 2007) (Great American novelist.)
Jackie Robinson - (1919 - 1972) (Hero.)
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• It's now the Year of the Horse!
• 2 days until Super Bowl 48
• 7 days to the Winter Olympics
• 9 days to "The Walking Dead"
• 14 days to Valentine's Day
• 1,085 days left of "Hope and Change"
267 years ago . . . in 1747 - The FIRST VENEREAL DISEASE CLINIC opened at London Lock Hospital.
149 years ago . . . in 1865 - Congress passed the 13th Amendment, ABOLISHING SLAVERY in America. It was finally ratified in December of 1865.
74 years ago . . . in 1940 - The first SOCIAL SECURITY CHECK was issued to one IDA MAY FULLER in Vermont. The check was for $22.54. Coincidentally, that's how much will be left when you try to collect Social Security one day.
53 years ago . . . in 1961 - HAM THE CHIMP, the first animal the U.S. sent into space, was shot 158 miles above the Earth. Not sure if they just left him there to die or not. They probably did.
40 years ago . . . in 1974 - Shockingly . . . LINDA LOVELACE, of "DEEP THROAT" fame, was arrested for possession of cocaine . . . aka white lines . . . aka Bolivian Go-Powder. (Amanda Seyfried is playing Linda in a movie called "Lovelace", which just premiered at Sundance.)
38 years ago . . . in 1976 - Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback TERRY BRADSHAW launched a short-lived country music career with the release of "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry". The musical disaster actually reached #17 on the charts.
32 years ago . . . in 1982 - SANDY DUNCAN & HER GLASS EYE gave their final performance (#956), as PETER PAN in Los Angeles.
32 years ago . . . in 1982 - The DOOBIE BROTHERS broke up. (ATTICA! Jesus is NOT alright with me!) They got back together in 1987, and are still at it today.
26 years ago . . . in 1988 - "THE WONDER YEARS" premiered on ABC. (It lasted until 1993.) (Gawd I wanted to nail hairless Kevin . . . I MEAN WINNIE.)
26 years ago . . . in 1988 - The WASHINGTON REDSKINS beat the DENVER BRONCOS, 42-to-10, in SUPER BOWL 22. Redskins quarterback DOUG WILLIAMS threw for a then-record 340 yards to earn himself the game's MVP award.
(Doug Williams was also the first black quarterback to start in the Super Bowl.)
25 years ago . . . in 1989 - LA TOYA JACKSON posed nude for the March issue of "PLAYBOY".
21 years ago . . . in 1993 - The DALLAS COWBOYS beat the BUFFALO BILLS, 52-to-17, in SUPER BOWL 27. Dallas quarterback TROY AIKMAN was the game's MVP.
15 years ago . . . in 1999 - The DENVER BRONCOS beat the ATLANTA FALCONS, 34-to-19, to win SUPER BOWL 33. Denver quarterback JOHN ELWAY got the MVP award.
15 years ago . . . in 1999 - A team of international scientists reported that they had traced the predominant strain of the AIDS virus to a subspecies of chimpanzee that lived in parts of Africa. (DON'T NAIL TAINTED CHIMPANZEES . . . WITHOUT A CONDOM!)
14 years ago . . . in 2000- Atlanta Braves pitching racist JOHN ROCKER was suspended by baseball commissioner Bud Selig for disparaging foreigners, homosexuals and minorities in a "Sports Illustrated" interview.
12 years ago . . . in 2002 - Following PRESIDENT BUSH'S State of the Union address, calling out Iran for being part of the "AXIS OF EVIL", the AYATOLLAH KHAMEINI (NOT the Ayatollah Kh-O-meini from the '80s) announced, quote . . .
. . . "There are some Satans in the world, but America is indeed THE GREAT SATAN. The Islamic Republic of Iran is HONORED to be the target of wrath and anger of the most hated Satan in the world."
Eight years ago . . . in 2006 - Samuel Alito was sworn in as a Supreme Court Justice.