Your daily dose of WHATEVER!!
Did Derek Hough and Nina Dobrev Break Up?
"Us Weekly" says DEREK HOUGH and "Vampire Diaries" minx NINA DOBREV broke up, after about six weeks of dating.
A source says the relationship just played itself out . . . although distance was also a factor. Nina's show films in Atlanta, while Derek is busy doing "Dancing With the Stars" in L.A.
Someone Is Trying to Sell Nude Photos of Amy Winehouse
Someone is reportedly trying to sell nude photos of AMY WINEHOUSE, taken during a DRUG BINGE. There's no word when they were taken. Amy died in June of 2011, at the age of 27.
Radar Online claims to have seen the photos, and passed on them. The website describes them as "X-rated", but they don't describe anything that's actually pornographic.
Is Lindsay Lohan Dating a 19-Year-Old Male Model?
LINDSAY LOHAN is reportedly shacking up with a male model named Liam Dean. No big deal there . . . except that Lindsay is 27 . . . and Liam is 19.
They were at a club in New York this past Friday, and a witness says, quote, "They looked pretty into each other." Lindsay's publicist denies they're dating.
Kendall and Kylie Jenner Were At a 21-And-Over Club
17-year-old KENDALL JENNER and her 16-year-old sister KYLIE hit up the Vignette Lounge in West Hollywood on Tuesday night. It's a 21-AND-OVER club. The manager says they had FAKE IDs, and the bouncer didn't recognize them. Earlier in the night they were at a fashion show with SCOTT DISICK, who was being a DRUNKEN A-HOLE.
If Kim Kardashian Wants a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, She'd Better Win an Emmy, a Grammy or an Oscar
Last week on "Jimmy Kimmel Live", KANYE WEST suggested that KIM KARDASHIAN should have a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Well, that's not gonna happen . . . because the Walk doesn't want her.
Spokeswoman Ana Martinez says, quote, "We don't have reality stars on the Walk of Fame. We don't have a category for it.
"We're happy to consider reality stars once they get nominated for, or win, an Emmy, a Grammy, an Oscar. We'll consider them when they're legitimate actors or singers."
Is Bruce Jenner a Cross-Dresser?
The not-always-reliable "Star" tabloid claims that one of the reasons KRIS and BRUCE JENNER broke up is because Bruce is a CROSS-DRESSER . . . and he WANTS TO BE A WOMAN.
Apparently, when the KARDASHIAN girls were young, they found Bruce's lingerie, and his size 13 women's shoes.
Mischa Barton Talks About Her "Full-On Breakdown"
MISCHA BARTON admits she suffered a "full-on breakdown" a few years ago, when she got a DUI and ended up involuntarily committed. But now she says, quote, "I've learned a lot . . . I'm stronger now."
She got a DUI in 2007, then found herself involuntarily committed in 2009, after blacking out from drug use. She says, quote, "It was a full-on breakdown. I was under enormous pressure."
Even after getting things back under control, she found herself criticized again, this time for getting up to a healthier weight.
Did Robert Pattinson Go on a Cocaine Bender Around Los Angeles?
The not-always-reliable "Star" tabloid says ROBERT PATTINSON went on a "cocaine bender" across L.A. last month. It started at the Viper Room, where RIVER PHOENIX overdosed . . . and ended at the Chateau Marmont, where the same thing happened to JOHN BELUSHI. Then the party went back to Rob's house, where he broke out MORE coke.
There Was No New "South Park" Last Night . . . Because for the First Time, Trey Parker and Matt Stone Missed Their Deadline
Last night's scheduled new episode of "South Park" was postponed until next Wednesday . . . because TREY PARKER and MATT STONE couldn't make their deadline. It wasn't their fault though, the studio lost power for several hours on Tuesday night, so all their computers were down.
Thursday TV Reminders:
• "Thursday Night Football" . . . 8:25 to 11:25 P.M. Eastern on NFL Network. The Arizona Cardinals host the Seattle Seahawks at University of Phoenix Stadium.
• "Welcome To the Family" . . . 8:30 to 9:00 P.M. on NBC. Eva Longoria guest stars as Demetrio's sixth-grade teacher and Miguel's ex.
• "Reign" [Series Premiere] . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on the CW. Adelaide Kane stars as teenage Mary Queen of Scots in this historical teen drama.
• "White Collar" [5th Season Premiere] . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on USA.
• "Project Runway" [12th Season Finale] . . . 9:00 to 10:30 P.M. on Lifetime. "Scandal" minx Kerry Washington guest judges.
• "Parenthood" . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on NBC. Tyson Ritter, the lead singer from The All-American Rejects, guest stars as a high-maintenance rock star.
• "The Michael J. Fox Show" . . . 9:30 to 10:00 P.M. on NBC. Anne Heche guest stars as an NBC news anchor.
• "Watch What Happens: Live" . . . 11:00 to 11:30 P.M. on Bravo. Lisa Marie Presley and CeeLo Green are the guests.
Early Morning Show Guests:
• "The Today Show" - Debra Messing and "Perception's" Eric McCormack, plus chef Giada De Laurentiis.
• "Good Morning America" - "1st Look TV" host Pedro Andrade, Noticiero Univision correspondent Mariana Atencio, comedian Yannis Pappas, and chef Guy Fieri.
• "CBS This Morning" - Cellist Yo-Yo Ma, Lockheed Martin CEO Marillyn Hewson, author Tom Kelley and IDEO founder David Kelley for their book "Creative Confidence: Unleashing the Creative Potential Within Us All".
Mid-Morning Show Guests:
• "Live! With Kelly and Michael" - Chloë Grace Moretz ("Carrie") and Ian Somerhalder ("The Vampire Diaries").
• "The View" - Music Guest: Selena Gomez. "The Secret Life of the American Teenager's" Diane Farr co-hosts.
• "Rachael Ray" - Matt Bomer ("White Collar").
This Afternoon On TV:
• "Ellen DeGeneres" - Pamela Anderson. Music Guest: Jimmy Buffett.
• "The Talk" - Billy Gardell ("Mike & Molly") and Robin Quivers (for her book "The Vegucation of Robin: How Real Food Saved My Life").
• "Katie Couric" - Katie reports on the deadly club drug "Molly". PLUS: A look at artists who paint with their feet and mouths.
• "Steve Harvey" - Felicia Turrentine-Doyle ("Deep Fried Masters") and "Travel Mom" Emily Kaufman shares the best fall getaways for couples.
• "Dr. Phil" - "My Husband, My Boyfriend, My Big Decision". An unfaithful wife talks about why she's torn between her controlling husband and her boyfriend.
• "Dr. Oz Show" - "Elizabeth Smart: Whatever It Took to Survive". Kidnapping victim Elizabeth Smart discusses her book "My Story".
• "Wendy Williams" - Keke Palmer, Drew Sidora and Lil Mama (VH1's "CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story"), and surviving TLC members T-Boz and Chilli. Plus: Former Cheetah Girl Adrienne Bailon ("I'm in Love with a Church Girl").
• "Bethenny" - Sydney Leathers ("Inside Edition") and Vanilla Ice (DIY's "Vanilla Ice Goes Amish").
• "Queen Latifah Show" - Julianne Hough ("Paradise") and comedian Russell Peters. Music Guest: Asher Monroe.
Tonight's Late Night Talk Shows:
• "Letterman" - Donald Trump. Music Guest: Selena Gomez.
• "Jimmy Kimmel" - Kerry Washington ("Scandal") and "Science Bob" Pflugfelder. Music Guest: Sleigh Bells.
• "The Tonight Show" - Cee Lo Green ("The Voice") and comedian Dana Carvey. Music Guest: Goodie Mob. (REPEAT)
• "Jimmy Fallon" - Tina Fey. Music Guest: Goldfrapp. (REPEAT)
• "Carson Daly" - Director Matthew Cooke ("How to Make Money Selling Drugs") and photographer Johnny Tergo. Music Guest: Grape St. (REPEAT)
• "Arsenio" - Andrew Dice Clay and Wayne Brady ("Let's Make a Deal"), "Dancing with the Stars" partners Amber Riley and Derek Hough.
• "Conan" - Jared Leto ("Dallas Buyers Club") and Kaitlin Olson ("It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia"). Music Guest: Ricky Skaggs and Bruce Hornsby.
• "Craig Ferguson" - Allison Janney ("Mom") and Ben Schwartz ("Parks and Recreation").
• "Chelsea Lately" - Mixed martial artist Brendan Schaub.
• "Jon Stewart" - Author Malala Yousafzai ("I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban"). (REPEAT)
• "The Colbert Report" - Tom Hanks ("Captain Phillips"). (REPEAT)
The Eight Scientifically Proven Ways to Impress Your Boss
Here are some SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN ways to impress your boss, based on various studies over the past few years. Wear red . . . get to work earlier than your coworkers . . . show calmness under pressure . . . smile a lot . . . and don't help your coworkers too much.
What Did You Just Realize You've Been Doing Incorrectly Your Whole Life?
: Is there anything you JUST now realized you've been doing incorrectly your whole life? Some of the best ones we've heard are a guy who just found out you CAN take pills without shoving them as far back into your throat as possible . . . and a woman who didn't know you could capitalize letters by hitting shift, so she'd turn on Caps Lock every time.
The Average Person Has Their "Health Wake-Up Call" at Age 39 . . . Here Are the Five Things That Spark It and the 10 Changes We Make
According to a new study, the average person has their "health wake-up call" at age 39 . . . usually because they start to feel old, have a health scare, or see a friend or relative get sick from their lifestyle. The biggest changes we make are eating more fruits and vegetables, exercising more, and cutting back on fried foods, alcohol, and smoking.
What's the Worst Halloween Candy to Get Trick-or-Treating?
What's the WORST HALLOWEEN CANDY to get trick-or-treating? One website put together a list that includes Raisinets, Good & Plenty, gum, Necco wafers, and Whoppers.
A Guy Decides to Include a Burning Cross as Part of His Halloween Display . . . and Accidentally Lights Himself on Fire
A guy in Palm Bay, Florida was setting up his Halloween decorations on Tuesday . . . and for some reason decided to include a BURNING CROSS. But when he tried to light it, he accidentally lit HIMSELF on fire, and suffered burns on about 50% of his body.
And Now, Three New Things to Worry About
1. This Flu Season Will Devastate Us. Flu season is coming . . . FOR YOU. Last flu season led to Americans missing 230 million work days, and 91 million school days. Plus, 11 million vacations were disrupted or canceled. (Multivu)
2. Thongs Might Be Bad For Your Health. According to two OB/GYNs, if you're prone to infections down below, THONGS can make things way worse.
The main reasons are that thongs are usually made of non-breathable materials which let moisture get trapped . . . and the thin band of material can transfer E.coli bacteria from, uh, back to front. (Huffington Post)
3. You Can't Make Your Mom Love You More Than Your Siblings. A new study has figured out the main reason mothers pick their FAVORITE CHILDREN . . . and there's really nothing you can do to change her mind.
Moms pick their favorite based on whichever child or children have the PERSONALITY that's most like HERS. And when they get older, they want those children taking care of them . . . even if their other children have more money or are more stable. (Daily Mail)
People Hate Airport Security So Much, They'd Pay to Skip It . . . But Only $6
People hate airport security lines so much, they'd be willing to pay to skip them. Well, sort of. Yes, we'd pay to skip them . . . but only up to $6. Even rich people would only pay up to $12 to skip the line.
15% of Cat Owners Have Tasted Their Cat's Food
Just because the can says "FANCY FEAST" doesn't make YOU fancy by eating it. According to a new survey, 15% of cat owners admit they've TASTED their CAT'S FOOD
The survey didn't ask WHY people tried their cat's food, but we've got to assume it's because they wanted to make sure the taste was suitable for their cats. Or because they were really, really hungry and didn't feel like cooking. (PR Newswire)
Matthew Macfadyen - 39 ("MI-5" star who played the Sheriff of Nottingham in Russell Crowe's "Robin Hood" movie and Athos in the "Three Musketeers" remake.)
EMINEM - 41 (Born Marshall Mathers the Third in Kansas City, Missouri. Gay men hate his message, but love his hairlessness. They're torn . . . in a homosexual way.)
Chris Kirkpatrick - 42 ('N SYNC)
Wyclef Jean - 44 (Will NOT become the president of Haiti anytime soon. But he did help to make Shakira's "Hips Don't Lie" the MONSTA-JAM that it is, and not even Sean Penn can take that away from him.)
Ziggy Marley - 45 (Jamaican. He probably enjoys toking grass.)
Norm MacDonald - 50 (Funny guy, terrible actor. Ever see "Screwed"? He's the Keanu Reeves of comedy.) (Then again, did you ever see "Little Buddha"? Maybe Keanu Reeves is the Keanu Reeves of comedy.)
Mike Judge - 51 (Genius creator of "Office Space", "Beavis & Butt-head" and "King of the Hill". He does the voices for Beavis, Butt-head AND Hank Hill.) (His 2006 movie, "Idiocracy", SHOULD'VE been huge. It's on DVD, so check it out.)
Alan Jackson - 55 (Country superstar.)
BILL HUDSON - 64 (The Hudson Brother who planted a seed inside Goldie Hawn . . . which blossomed into the alabaster-skinned goddess Kate Hudson. Bill let Goldie get away so he could marry Cindy Williams, a.k.a. Shirley Feeney, in 1982.)
George Wendt - 65 (NORM on "Cheers".)
MARGOT KIDDER - 65 (THE Lois Lane. She was kind of a mess for a while there, but she seems to have gotten it together. She was even in Rob Zombie's "Halloween 2" as a PSYCHIATRIST . . . which she called, quote, "a not-too-subtle inside joke.")
Michael McKean - 66 (Lenny Kosnowski on "Laverne & Shirley" . . . AND Spinal Tap lead singer and guitarist David St. Hubbins . . . who, as any 'Tap fan knows, was named after THE PATRON SAINT OF QUALITY FOOTWEAR.) (???)
JIM SEALS - 72 (Seals & Crofts. "Summer Breeze" . . . makes me feel fine! "Diamond Girl" . . . you sure do shine!)
Evel Knievel - Would have been 75 - (1938 - 2007)
Tom Poston - Would have been 92 - (1921 - 2007) (He played Mr. Bickley on "Mork & Mindy", George on "Newhart" and Mr. Norton on "Grace Under Fire", and he was THE star of "Circus of the Stars #13". He was also married to Suzanne Pleshette, who died in January of 2008.)
Arthur Miller - Would have been 98 - (1915 - 2005) (Playwright who wrote "Death of a Salesman" . . . and NAILED MARILYN MONROE. He was her husband from 1956 to 1960.)
Andy Whitfield - Would have been 42 - (1971-2011) (He played the title role on the Starz series "Spartacus: Blood and Sand". After he lost his battle with cancer, they replaced him with Liam McIntyre for the retitled "Spartacus: Vengeance".)
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 14 days until Halloween
• 17 days until Daylight Savings Ends
• 22 days to "Thor: The Dark World"
• 42 days until Thanksgiving
• 69 days until Thanksgiving
• 1,191 days left of "Hope and Change"
Back in the day...
111 years ago . . . in 1902 - The FIRST CADILLAC was completed in Detroit.
97 years ago . . . in 1916 - "A Daughter of the Gods", starring swimmer (slash) actress Annette Kellerman, premiered with the FIRST NUDE SCENE in a major feature film.
(Sadly, no copy of this film is known to exist anymore. So, please, please, please check grandpa's garage, yes?)
82 years ago . . . in 1931 - AL CAPONE was convicted of INCOME TAX EVASION and sentenced to 11 years in prison. He was released eight years later and spent the rest of his life an invalid, crippled by syphilis. Capone died a powerless recluse in 1947.
(The moral of the story: Simply pay your taxes and practice safe sex, and YOU can grow up to be a powerful old promiscuous mobster. IT'S 7:10!)
64 years ago . . . in 1949 - NORTHWEST AIRLINES became the first U.S. airline to serve in-flight ALCOHOLIC beverages.
43 years ago . . . in 1970 - "I'll Be There" by the TITO JACKSON & THE JACKSON 5 hit #1 on the pop singles chart . . . and stayed there for FIVE whole weeks.
34 years ago . . . in 1979 - MOTHER TERESA was awarded the NOBEL PEACE PRIZE for her 30 years of work on behalf of the destitute in Calcutta, India.
26 years ago . . . in 1987 - "Lost In Emotion" by LISA LISA AND CULT JAM hit #1 on the pop singles chart.
24 years ago . . . in 1989 - An EARTHQUAKE struck SAN FRANCISCO just before the third game of the WORLD SERIES between the Oakland A's and San Francisco Giants. It measured 7.1 on the Richter scale, destroyed 100,000 buildings and killed 67 people.
23 years ago . . . in 1990 - THE JUDDS announced NAOMI JUDD'S retirement from country music due to chronic hepatitis.
22 years ago . . . in 1991 - TENNESSEE ERNIE FORD died in Reston, Virginia, at age 72. TV fans may remember the Country Music Hall of Famer as Lucy's "Cousin Ernie" on "I Love Lucy".
(Ernie Ford also sang "Sixteen Tons" . . . one of the greatest songs EVER.)
22 years ago . . . in 1991 - JOHNNY "THE COUGAR" MELLENCAMP was hospitalized in Seattle after suffering dizzy spells during a local radio station promotion. His doctor later attributed the problem to "too much coffee, stress and not enough breakfast."
16 years ago . . . in 1997 - More than 2,000 people jammed into an Aurora, Colorado, church for the funeral service of JOHN DENVER . . . who had passed away on October 12th when his home-built airplane crashed into the sea. Our John Denver died of blunt force trauma.
(Coastal authorities never recovered his HEAD, PELVIS, KIDNEYS or SPLEEN.)
16 years ago . . . in 1997 - WARREN G regulated on GARTH BROOKS with a lawsuit alleging that our Garth had infringed on the rapper's trademarked circled "g" logo. They eventually reached a settlement allowing BOTH of them to use the letter "g" as their logo.
9 years ago . . . in 2004 - SOFT CELL singer MARC ALMOND was critically injured after being hurled from the back of a motorcycle during a collision with a car in London. Despite suffering SEVERE HEAD INJURIES, he did not die.