Your daily dose of Whatever!!
Renee Zellweger Says What's Different About Her is That She's Leading a "Happy, More Fulfilling Life"
RENEE ZELLWEGER issued a statement yesterday about her appearance. But she made absolutely no mention of having undergone any cosmetic procedures. She just said it's because she's living a, quote, "different, happy, more fulfilling life." And I guess she expects people to believe it.
Rosie O'Donnell Wants to Know If We're Supposed to Pretend We Don't See Renee Zellweger's new Face
Yesterday on "The View", ROSIE O'DONNELL asked the question we've all been dying to ask: Are we supposed to pretend we don't know RENEE ZELLWEGER did something to her face?
She said, quote, "If somebody who is a public figure drastically changes their appearance so that they're unrecognizable, are we as a society supposed to pretend we don't see it?
Sexy Pictures of Famous People
1. If JUSTIN BIEBER wants to be treated like a grown up, he should probably stop taking baths and making bubble beards.
And here's video of Justin scoring a goal during an ice hockey game.
2. JAMES FRANCO posted a picture of himself posing with MEGAN FOX . . . and she's wearing a white, bloody dress. He didn't offer any context. The caption simply said, quote, "Megan Foxy is the best!"
3. Sexy Video: HUGH JACKMAN almost took his shirt off yesterday on "Live! With Kelly and Michael".
Billy Bob Thornton and Angelina Jolie Didn't Have a Dungeon, But They Did Wear Vials of Each Other's Blood, Sort Of
BILLY BOB THORNTON didn't love all the celebrity attention that came with dating ANGELINA JOLIE. At the time, there were all kinds of tabloid reports about them being wild . . . including that they had a dungeon and wore vials of each other's blood. Now, he admits that they did smear some of their blood in little lockets, but there were no vials and there was no dungeon.
Kim Kardashian Says Her Daughter North Will Have to Work for What She Wants . . . Like She Did?
KIM KARDASHIAN won't let her daughter North just STROLL into fame and money . . . it just isn't the Kardashian way. (???) She says, quote, "I was [telling] friends, 'I wonder what [my daughter North's] first job is gonna be.' And they were like, 'What? She's gonna have a job?' and I was like, 'Are you kidding me? Of course she is.' She will have to work for what she wants."
Melissa Rivers Inherited Most of Joan Rivers' $100 Million Estate
Word has it MELISSA RIVERS has inherited the bulk of JOAN RIVERS' estate, which is worth well over $100 million.
"Us" magazine claims she's getting $75 million in cash, as well as Joan's $35 million condo on New York's Upper East Side. Melissa's 13-year-old son Cooper is expected to get his own inheritance.
Naturally, Melissa isn't the mood to be GLEEFULLY swimming through pools of gold coins right now. A so-called "source" says, quote, "It's no consolation for losing her mother so soon."
Does Beyoncé Want Jay Z to Lose 20 Pounds . . . Because She's "So Over His Size"?
"OK!" magazine reports that BEYONCÉ wants JAY Z to lose 20 pounds. An "insider" says, quote, "She's so over his size, and thinks it's ridiculous that he doesn't take care of his health." And she's SERIOUS about it . . . quote, "She's even told him he's turning her off sexually, just to get him motivated."
Check Out the Trailer for "Avengers: Age of Ultron"
Marvel was planning to release the first trailer for "Avengers: Age of Ultron" next Tuesday . . . but somebody leaked a copy of it yesterday. So they went ahead and posted the official, high-resolution version themselves.
It includes a look at Iron Man's "Hulkbuster armor", which is a giant suit he created so he can fight the Hulk, if need be. And yes, in "Age of Ultron", it comes in handy. ("Avengers: Age of Ultron" comes out May 1st. Here's the trailer.)
The "Hobbit" Trilogy Cost $745 Million to Make
The final "Hobbit" movie, "The Battle of Five Armies", hits theaters in December. And according to the "Hollywood Reporter", the whole trilogy cost an INSANE $745 MILLION to make. That's an average of almost $250 million per movie.
That's more than TWICE as much as the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy, which cost $300 million . . . or about $100 million per movie.
It's been worth it, though. The first two "Hobbit" movies have taken in around $2 BILLION in global box office. (The "Lord of the Rings" trilogy made just under $3 billion worldwide.)
TV's Current Top 10 Villains
HIGHLIGHTS: "Us" magazine has put out a "round-up" of "TV's Current Top 10 Villains." Gareth from "The Walking Dead" is #1 . . . followed by Oswald Cobblepot, a.k.a. The Penguin from "Gotham" and Cersei Lannister from "Game of Thrones".
FULL STORY: In honor of Halloween . . . or in using Halloween as an excuse to make yet another freakin' list . . . "Us" magazine has put together a round-up of "TV's Current Top 10 Villains." Here's their ranking:
1. Gareth from "The Walking Dead", who's played by Andrew J. West
2. Oswald Cobblepot, a.k.a. The Penguin from "Gotham", who's played by Robin Lord Taylor
3. Cersei Lannister from "Game of Thrones", who's played by Lena Headey
4. Twisty the Clown from "American Horror Story: Freak Show", who's played by John Carroll Lynch
5. "Black Jack" Randall from "Outlander", who's played by Tobias Menzies
6. Queen Catherine from "Reign", who's played by Megan Follows
7. Rowan Pope from "Scandal", who's played by Joe Morton
8. Henry Parrish from "Sleepy Hollow", who's played by John Noble
9. Victoria Grayson from "Revenge", who's played by Madeleine Stowe
10. Snow Queen from "Once Upon a Time", who's played by Elizabeth Mitchell
Game One of the World Series Tanked Big-Time in the Ratings
Game One of the World Series only averaged 12.2 million viewers on Tuesday night, which was bad enough to make it the lowest-rated World Series opener in modern history. It's unclear how far that goes back, but it's at least 30 years.
One factor could've been that the game was a blowout, with the San Francisco Giants easily beating the Kansas City Royals, 7-to-1. Another factor could be the fact that Kansas City is a small market . . . or because this is the Giants' third time in the World Series in the past five years.
Thursday TV Reminders:
• "Thursday Night Football" . . . 8:30 to 11:30 P.M. Eastern on CBS. The Denver Broncos host the San Diego Chargers.
• The season finale of "Project Runway" . . . 9:00 to 10:30 P.M. on Lifetime.
• The series premiere of "Surgeon Oz" . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on OWN. Dr. Mehmet Oz performs lifesaving surgeries for the sake of reality TV.
• The season premiere of "Newsreaders" . . . Midnight to 12:15 A.M. on Adult Swim.
Tonight's Late Night Talk Shows:
• "The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon" - Derek Jeter, James Marsden, and 5 Seconds of Summer. (Repeat)
• "Late Night with Seth Meyers" - Nathan Lane, "Weird Al" Yankovic, and Garry Marshall. (Repeat)
• "Letterman" - Denzel Washington, and Lenny Kravitz. (Repeat)
• "Jimmy Kimmel" - Taylor Swift, and Alfred Enoch from ABC's "How to Get Away with Murder".
• "Carson Daly" - Jerrod Carmichael, the So So Glos, and Direct Hit . (Repeat)
• "Conan" - Neil Patrick Harris, Damian Lillard, and Kiesza.
• "Craig Ferguson" - Shailene Woodley, and Jack McGee.
• "Jon Stewart" - Former Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta. (Repeat)
• "The Colbert Report" - Bill Cosby. (Repeat)
Five Random Facts For Thursday
1. The official state vegetable of Oklahoma is . . . the watermelon. Which is a fruit.
2. The last time a Republican was elected president without either a Nixon or a Bush as the president or vice president was Herbert Hoover in 1928.
3. Steve Jobs' first job was an internship at Hewlett-Packard . . . when he was 12.
4. The necktie was invented in Croatia. Their troops wore them as part of their uniforms in the 1600s . . . and when the French saw them, they liked them so much that neckties started selling in France almost immediately.
5. You'd think Disneyland would be friendly to mice, what with Mickey and all . . . but nope. There are about 200 feral cats that roam around Disneyland at night taking out the rodent population.
The Seven Ways You're Most Likely to Meet "The One"
According to a new survey, 25% of couples who end up getting married meet through a mutual friend . . . 24% meet through work . . . 15% meet randomly, while they're out with friends . . . 14% meet online . . . and 1% meet at the gym.
1. Through a mutual friend, 25%.
2. At work, 24%.
3. Randomly while they were out with friends, like at a bar, 15%.
4. Through online dating, 14%.
5. In college, 11%.
6. At school BEFORE college. So, high school sweethearts, 10%.
7. At the gym, 1%.
The Ten Things You Do on a First Date That Make Someone Not Want a Second
A new survey asked people the worst things someone can do on a first date that would make them not want a SECOND. The top five are: Ordering their food for them . . . noisy eating . . . posting on social media during the date . . . texting someone else . . . and taking photos of their food.
People with Pugs Make the Most Money, and Seven More Stats About Dog Owners
According to a survey of 2,000 dog owners, people with pugs make the most money . . . people with Chihuahuas give their dogs the most attention . . . people with golden retrievers are the best educated . . . and people with French bulldogs are the most likely to believe their dog "knows what they're thinking".
The Ten Worst Cities to Be in During a Zombie Apocalypse
According to a new study, the worst city to be in during a zombie apocalypse would be Honolulu, partly because you'd be stuck on an island with them. Then it's New York . . . Newark, New Jersey . . . Boston . . . and Washington, D.C.
2. New York.
3. Newark, New Jersey.
5. Washington D.C.
6. San Francisco.
8. Orange County, which includes Anaheim and Irvine, south of L.A.
9. Los Angeles.
A Woman Got Over a Bad Break-Up by Sitting at KFC for a Week, Eating Chicken
A 26-year-old woman in China recently got over a bad break-up . . . by sitting at Kentucky Fried Chicken, stuffing her face for a WEEK STRAIGHT. She says she couldn't go to her apartment, because it was filled with stuff that reminded her of her ex. And she needed time to think, so she even called in sick to WORK.
Amandla Stenberg is 16. Rue in "The Hunger Games".
Ireland Baldwin is 19. The sexy offspring of Kim Basinger and Alec Baldwin. And no longer a "rude, thoughtless little pig."
Jessica Stroup is 28. Naughty bipolar Erin Silver on "90210". She'll be joining the cast of "The Following" next season as Kevin Bacon's niece.
Masiela Lusha is 29. George's daughter Carmen on "The George Lopez Show". She goes BLONDE to play a princess in a low budget movie called "Orc Wars".
Meghan McCain is 30. John McCain's sexy daughter.
RYAN REYNOLDS is 38. "Green Lantern", "Van Wilder", and "The Proposal" star who's over 60% abs. He gets to nail Blake Lively ANY TIME HE WANTS TO.
Cat Deeley is 38. Blonde minx who hosts "So You Think You Can Dance?"
Michelle Beadle is 39. Former co-host of "SportsNation" on ESPN who's moved on to NBC Sports Network.
Mattress actress Jasmin St. Claire is 42. She's most infamous for "The World's Biggest Gang Bang 2", in which she had sex with 350 GUYS IN ONE DAY to set a NEW GANG BANG RECORD.
Grant Imahara is 44. Robot master on "Mythbusters".
Doug Flutie is 52. Retired quarterback and college football analyst. He's also the Flutie of Flutie Flakes.
ALFRED MATTHEW "WEIRD AL" YANKOVIC is 55. Parody song SUPERSTAR who can finally say he's had a #1 album . . . but can NOT say he has been chosen to play the Super Bowl Halftime show. Thanks for nothing, Katy Perry.
Sam Raimi is 55. LEGENDARY director of all of the "Evil Dead" flicks except that terrible remake and the original "Spider-Man" trilogy . . . plus the modern horror classic, "Drag Me To Hell".
Dwight Yoakam is 58. Very cool country star and pretty good character actor. Remember Doyle Hargraves in "Sling Blade"?
Ang Lee is 60. Director of "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon", "The Hulk" and "Brokeback Mountain".
Pelé is 74. The greatest soccer player of all time. Not bad for a ghetto kid whose first soccer ball was a grapefruit.
Chi-Chi Rodriguez is 79. The greatest en fuego Puerto Rican "sword-dancing" golfer of all time. Not bad for a ghetto kid whose first golf clubs were guava tree limbs.
Michael Crichton (1942 - 2008) Freakishly tall author of "Jurassic Park" and creator of "ER". He was Six-Foot-FREAKIN'-Nine.
JOHNNY CARSON (1925 - 2005) The Undisputed King. Amazing host of the "Tonight Show" from 1962 to 1992.
Sarah Bernhardt (1844 - 1923) Psycho French actress. After her prostitute mother told her she'd die at an early age, she took a coffin with her everywhere she went. She served food on it, slept in it, and had sex in it. She finally did die . . . at age 79.
John Heisman (1869 - 1936) Legendary college football coach who invented the handoff, the Flea Flicker AND the center snap. Before him, the center would ROLL the ball to the quarterback. The Heisman Trophy is named after him, ya know.
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 8 days to Halloween
• 10 days to Daylight Saving Ends
• 28 days to the American Smoke Out
• 35 days to Thanksgiving Day
• 63 days to Christmas
• 820 days left of "Hope and Change"
104 years ago . . . In 1910, Blanche Scott became the FIRST WOMAN TO FLY AN AIRPLANE by herself. She flew over a park in Fort Wayne, Indiana . . . 12 feet off the ground.
73 years ago . . . In 1941, Disney's classic "Dumbo" was released. It cost $812,000 to make.
54 years ago . . . In 1960, the classic western "The Magnificent Seven" was released . . . starring the extremely well-endowed YUL BRENNER as the leader of a group of gunfighters hired to defend a village full of oppressed Mexicans.
38 years ago . . . In 1976, Presidential candidate JIMMY CARTER responded to a public outcry over comments he made in an interview with "Playboy" magazine.
(On his spiritual beliefs, Jimmy Carter said, quote, "Christ said, 'I tell you that anyone who looks on a woman with lust has in his heart already committed adultery.' I've looked on a lot of women with lust. I've committed adultery in my heart many times.")
(But he still nails Rosalynn real good.)
38 years ago . . . In 1976, "If You Leave Me Now" by CHICAGO hit #1 on the pop singles chart.
36 years ago . . . In 1978, CBS RECORDS jacked up the price of new albums to $8.98.
23 years ago . . . In 1991, Despite ANITA HILL'S charges of sexual harassment, CLARENCE THOMAS was sworn in as the nation's 106th Supreme Court Justice.
22 years ago . . . In 1992, QUENTIN TARANTINO'S "Reservoir Dogs" was released in the U.S.
(If you like "Reservoir Dogs", you should check out the 1989 Hong Kong flick "City of Fire". A lot of people think Tarantino's flick TOTALLY ripped it off.)
19 years ago . . . In 1995, a jury in Houston convicted YOLANDA SALDIVAR of murder in the March 31st, 1995, shooting death of SELENA.
17 years ago . . . In 1997, BARBARA MANDRELL gave her final musical performance at the Grand Ole Opry House. She quit music to concentrate on acting, and said, quote, "I'm continuing down the show business road, I'm just changing lanes."
(That whole acting thing has REALLY worked out for her, by the way.) (???)
16 years ago . . . In 1998, "Pleasantville" was released, starring TOBEY MAGUIRE and REESE WITHERSPOON.
10 years ago . . . In 2004, ASHLEE SIMPSON got caught faking it on "Saturday Night Live". Within days she blamed it on the dreaded ACID REFLUX.
Nine years ago . . . In 2005, CAM'RON was shot in both arms during an attempted "carjacking" and then proceeded to drive himself to the hospital. (Although Cam says it was a carjacking, the cops in D.C. never ruled it out as a possible murder attempt.)