Your daily dose of Whatever!!
Julia Roberts Says She Took a "Big Risk" Not Getting a Facelift
JULIA ROBERTS turned 47 yesterday, and she's one of the rare actresses of that age who has yet to mess with her face. She says, quote, "By Hollywood standards, I guess I've already taken a big risk in not having had a facelift."
Jane Lynch Is Officially Divorced . . . And Officially Poorer
JANE LYNCH is officially DIVORCED . . . and officially POORER. Her ex-wife Dr. Lara Embry cleaned up in the settlement. For starters, she gets a lump sum of $1.2 million over the next two years.
She also gets HALF of the following: Several bank accounts totaling $847,000 . . . a 401K totaling $315,000 . . . their $57,000 tax refund . . . and royalties from Jane's TV appearances, including "Glee".
She also gets FULL custody of their yacht club membership and their dog.
Bruce Jenner Got His Nails Painted Pink for His Birthday
BRUCE JENNER turned 65 yesterday, and he celebrated with a little ME TIME . . . which included GETTING HIS FINGERNAILS PAINTED PINK. For real. And there are pictures to prove it. Meanwhile, KHLOE and KOURTNEY KARDASHIAN say Bruce is BORING, because all he ever wants for his birthday is a gift certificate to support his remote control helicopter hobby.
Sexy Pictures of Famous People
1. RENEE ZELLWEGER was photographed with no makeup on that face of hers that has been altered by absolutely nothing but happiness.
3. (NC-17) Remember when LINDSAY LOHAN posed for "Playboy" looking like MARILYN MONROE? Well, she just paid an artist to make a painting of one of those pictures for her own personal collection.
4. "Playboy" got into the Halloween spirit by dressing models as sexy versions of Joe Biden, Weird Al, Neil DeGrasse Tyson, John Oliver, Questlove, Louis C.K., and other non-sexy male celebrities.
5. On next week's episode of "Two and a Half Men", JON CRYER and ASHTON KUTCHER get MARRIED so they can raise a child together. Here's a picture of their kiss.
6. 47-year-old KATE WALSH rocked some beachwear while filming scenes for her new show "Bad Judge".
7. ROBERT DOWNEY JR. has to go to the DMV to get his license renewed just like the rest of us.
8. It's hard not to love ARIANA GRANDE's cleavage.
9. Does being perfectly okay with ALYSSA MILANO breastfeeding right in front of me make me a feminist? It does, right???
10. Is it just me, or has BEN AFFLECK gotten way hotter since signing up to play Batman?
Jose Canseco Shot Off His Left Middle Finger While Cleaning His Gun
JOSE CANSECO shot off his left middle finger while cleaning a handgun in his house. Jose's fiancée Leila Knight was there when it happened. She says he was cleaning the gun at his kitchen table, and he didn't know it was loaded.
She told the "L.A. Times", quote, "I heard the gun go off and saw his middle finger hanging by a string. It will either have to be amputated or have full reconstruction surgery."
As of last night Jose was in surgery, and doctors were going to try to do as much as possible. But the bullet ripped through the bottom part of his finger, so even under the best circumstances, he'll never have full use of it again.
Amanda Bynes Is Still Not Sane Enough to Be Unleashed
AMANDA BYNES is not sane enough to be unleashed upon the world. She was due to be released this week, but a judge ordered her to spend at least 30 more days under 24-hour psychiatric care. Also, Amanda's mom has officially petitioned to become her conservator once again.
Marvel is Doing Two more "Avengers" Movies, Plus a Black Superhero Movie Called "Black Panther"
Marvel unveiled a massive slate of movies for the next several years. Most notably, "Avengers: Infinity Wars Part 1" will hit theaters in May of 2018 . . . and "Part 2" will be released the following May. Also, they're doing a BLACK SUPERHERO MOVIE. "Black Panther" comes out in November of 2017, starring CHADWICK BOSEMAN in the title role.
Wednesday TV Reminders:
• Game 7 of "The World Series" . . . 8:00 to 11:00 P.M. Eastern on Fox. The Kansas City Royals host the San Francisco Giants.
• "The Middle" . . . 8:00 to 8:30 P.M. on ABC. Sue tries to raise money for her college fund by hosting a screening of "The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" . . . in a pumpkin patch.
• "Modern Family" . . . 9:00 to 9:30 P.M. on ABC. Ed O'Neill dresses up as Prince Charming for Halloween for Sofia Vergara.
• "Black-ish" . . . 9:30 to 10:00 P.M. on ABC. Anthony Anderson tries to outprank the rest of his family for Halloween.
Tonight's Late Night Talk Shows:
• "The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon" - Jake Gyllenhaal, Paul Reubens, She & Him, and George Clinton.
• "Late Night with Seth Meyers" - Edward Norton, Michael Lewis, and Jessie Ware.
• "Letterman" - Jim Carrey, and David Tennant from "Gracepoint".
• "Jimmy Kimmel" - Will Arnett, Lisa Kudrow, and Lady Antebellum.
• "Carson Daly" - Tone Bell, and Coves.
• "Conan" - Jon Cryer, Katharine McPhee, and Bob Odenkirk.
• "Craig Ferguson" - Justin Long, and Jessica Lucas.
• "Jon Stewart" - Ellar Coltraine, the kid who spent 11 years on the movie "Boyhood".
• "The Colbert Report" - Jill Lepore, author of "The Secret History of Wonder Woman".
Five Random Facts For Wednesday
1. The guy who invented the board game Operation sold the rights to a toy company for just $500 back in 1964. Now he's 77 and can't afford $25,000 for a REAL operation . . . so his friends are raising money through crowdfunding.
2. When people first came up with the concept of brunch in the late 1800s, they called it "blunch." That didn't quite have a great ring to it, so eventually people preferred to call it brunch.
3. You could fit 1,000 Earths into Jupiter.
4. Fredric Baur is the inventor of Pringles, and before he died in 2008, his final request was to be cremated and buried in a Pringles can. His children fulfilled his request.
5. "Madison" only became a popular name for girls after "Splash" came out in 1984, when Daryl Hannah's character picks the name off a Madison Avenue street sign. Tom Hanks even says, quote, "But Madison isn't a name."
86% of Americans Take at Least One Selfie a Week, and Seven Other Selfie Stats
A new study found 86% of Americans take at least one selfie a week . . . and one out of three of us take at least three selfies a week. People are most likely to include friends in their selfies, ahead of significant others and kids.
Men Today Are Way More Obsessed With How They Look Than Women . . . Here Are the Numbers
A new study found men spend WAY more time focusing on how they look than women. Men spend more time at the gym, showering, and shaving than women . . . and spend 4.5 years of their lives on their appearance while women spend 3.1 years.
Having Facial Hair Makes You Look Up to 10 Years Older
A new study found that facial hair makes men look SIGNIFICANTLY older. Light stubble adds three years . . . a goatee adds four . . . a mustache adds five . . . and a thick beard adds 10.
Having Sex With 20 Different Women Keeps You From Getting Cancer?
A new study out of Canada found that men who've had sex with at least 20 different women cut their risk of developing prostate cancer by 28%. The researchers think it's because men that sexually active have the most sex . . . even more than married men. That leads to more climaxes, and THAT'S been linked to preventing prostate cancer.
What Crime Are You Most Worried About? Getting Hacked Is Number One . . . Murder Is at the Bottom
A new survey asked people what crimes they worry about most, and the top two are having your credit card info stolen by hackers, and having your computer or phone hacked. The bottom two are being murdered or being killed or assaulted by a coworker.
A Neighborhood in Florida May Cancel Halloween . . . Because They're Overrun With Wild Hogs Addicted to Candy?
There's a neighborhood in Florida that might cancel Halloween because they're overrun by WILD HOGS addicted to CANDY. The hogs are huge and they've gotten hooked on human food . . . so the homeowners
association is worried they'll attack kids trick-or-treating for their candy.
A Guy Proposed to His Girlfriend With a Fireworks Display . . . and Set His College on Fire
A 22-year-old guy in China proposed to his girlfriend with an elaborate fireworks display around their college campus, but he accidentally set the grass on FIRE. The flames were about 10 FEET HIGH before firefighters put them out, and the girlfriend is still debating whether to say yes.
Christopher C.J. Wallace is 18. The son of the Notorious B.I.G. and R&B singer Faith Evans. He also played Will Ferrell's little friend in "Everything Must Go".
India Eisley is 21. Shailene Woodley's little sister Ashley on "Secret Life". And Kate Beckinsale's half-breed daughter in "Underworld: Awakening".
Jon Abrahams is 37. Robert De Niro's reefer-smoking son, Denny, in "Meet the Parents". "You a pot-head, Focker?"
Gabrielle Union is 42. Kirsten Dunst's nemesis in "Bring It On", Daria in "Cradle 2 the Grave" and Perri Reed on ABC's short-lived "Night Stalker". Now she stars on BET's "Being Mary Jane", and she's married to Dwyane Wade of the Miami Heat.
Winona Ryder is 43.
SA is 45. He does 311's vocals AND scratches, es-say. Born: Douglas Vincent Martinez.
Joely Fisher is 47. Brad Garrett's STACKED wife on "'Til Death".
RANDY JACKSON! is 53. Dazzling member of TITO & THE JACKSONS . . . but not TITO & THE JACKSON 5. This Randy Jackson is also not to be confused with the chubby Randy Jackson from "American Idol".
Dan Castellaneta is 57. The voice of Homer on the "Simpsons". He also does "Grampa" Simpson, Barney Gumble, Krusty the Clown, Groundskeeper Willie, Mayor Quimby and Hans Moleman.
Kate Jackson is 66. "Charlie's Angels" minx. Sadly, no relation to Tito.
Richard Dreyfuss is 67. He bit it in "Piranha 3D". His appearance was an ode to his classic role of Matt Hooper in "Jaws".
Denny Laine is 70. Singer / guitarist for the Moody Blues in the '60s and Wings in the '70s.
Kevin DuBrow (1955 - 2007) Quiet Riot's superstar lead screamer. Never got the cocaine monkey off his back . . . and for that, he DIED. Remember, kids . . . your METAL health is very important . . . but it's not as important as your MENTAL health.
Johnny Lewis (1983 - 2012) Troubled actor from "Sons of Anarchy" who died after allegedly murdering an 81-year-old woman.
Daniel Decatur Emmett (1815 - 1904) He wrote "Dixie".
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 2 days to Halloween
• 4 days to Daylight Saving Ends
• 22 days to the American Smoke Out
• 29 days to Thanksgiving Day
• 57 days to Christmas
• 814 days left of "Hope and Change"
85 years ago . . . In 1929, the STOCK MARKET CRASHED, wiping out the fortunes of thousands of investors. The day came to be known as BLACK TUESDAY, and it triggered the "GREAT DEPRESSION" which lasted for nearly 10 more years.
69 years ago . . . In 1945, the FIRST BALLPOINT PEN was sold for $12.50 by Gimbel's Department Stores.
54 years ago . . . In 1960, the young CASSIUS CLAY boxed in his first professional fight. He beat on poor Tunney Hunsaker to win a 6-round decision.
43 years ago . . . In 1971, DUANE ALLMAN (The Allman Brothers) died in a motorcycle accident in his hometown of Macon, Georgia . . . at age 24. A year later, the band also lost bassist Berry Oakley in ANOTHER motorcycle accident . . . just THREE BLOCKS from where Duane died.
21 years ago . . . In 1993, I know it seems like only yesterday, but it was actually TWENTY YEARS AGO today that A GROUP OF U.S. LUGE ATHLETES WERE ATTACKED BY RIGHT-WING SKINHEADS in Oberhof, Germany. (???)
21 years ago . . . In 1993, TIM BURTON'S "The Nightmare Before Christmas" was released.
16 years ago . . . In 1998, SENATOR JOHN GLENN went back into space AT AGE 77, retracing the trail he'd blazed for America's astronauts 36 years earlier.
16 years ago . . . In 1998, TOM CRUISE and NICOLE KIDMAN got a $500,000 settlement from London's "Express" newspaper, for an article claiming they're BOTH gay and their marriage was a cover.
13 years ago . . . In 2001, 71-year-old GENE HACKMAN threw down with some road-raging jerk after a minor fender bender in L.A. Witnesses said Gene Hackman was whoopin' the other driver's ass . . . until the coward kicked Gene in the nads.
Six years ago . . . In 2008, Delta Air Lines merged with Northwest Airlines to create the largest airline in the world.
Two years ago . . . In 2012, HURRICANE SANDY devastated the east coast of the U.S. killing 286 people and causing almost $70 billion in damages.