Your daily dose of WHATEVER!!
Kristen Bell Was Afraid She Wouldn't Love Her Child As Much As She Loves Her Dogs
KRISTEN BELL says that when she was pregnant, she didn't feel connected to her daughter . . . and was even worried she wouldn't love the child as much as she loved her DOGS. But she says that within 24 hours of the birth her hormones reset and it was all good.
David Arquette and His Girlfriend Are Having a Baby
DAVID ARQUETTE and his girlfriend Christina McLarty are expecting their first child. They've been dating for about two years, although they split briefly last year.
Christina is a correspondent for "Entertainment Tonight". This is her first child. It's David's second. He and ex-wife COURTENEY COX have a 9-year-old daughter named Coco.
Owen Wilson Will Have Another Son in January
Last month we heard that OWEN WILSON had impregnated his personal trainer, one Caroline Lindqvist. Well, that appears to be true. People.com says they're expecting a baby boy in January.
Owen and Caroline are NOT together, but they're cool. They're even getting together for a baby shower next month. A source says, quote, "Owen is involved. He comes to doctor appointments and makes sure Caroline is doing well.
Owen also has a 2-year-old son with another ex-girlfriend.
Amanda Bynes Could Be Home By Christmas
TMZ says AMANDA BYNES could be back on the streets by Christmas. Amanda has been in custody since July 22nd, when she was arrested for starting a gasoline fire in a random woman's driveway.
She was held at the UCLA Medical Center psych ward until September, when she was transferred to a rehab facility in Malibu.
A source says Amanda has been responding well to meds and psychological counseling, and she'll be released to her mother's care sometime next month.
Charlie Sheen's Sons Are Hurting Denise Richards' Daughters and Her Dogs . . . And She Blames Brooke Mueller
DENISE RICHARDS has temporary custody of CHARLIE SHEEN'S 4-year-old twin sons, but she doesn't want them anymore because they violently attack her dogs, her daughters, and even kids and teachers at their school. Denise says it's the fault of the boys' mother BROOKE MUELLER.
Ryan Lochte Was Injured . . . By a Teenage Girl
11-time Olympic medal-winning swimmer RYAN LOCHTE has been forced to suspend his training and competition schedule because of a knee injury caused by . . . A TEENAGE GIRL.
Ryan was somehow knocked over by the girl . . . who was an over-eager fan . . . in Florida on Sunday. He suffered a torn MCL and a sprained ACL.
His rep says he's expected to make, quote, "a full and speedy recovery."
Check Out the Creepy Doll That Almost Served as Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart's Baby in "Twilight"
The new "Twilight" box set includes footage of a creepy animatronic doll that was supposed to play the baby of ROBERT PATTINSON and KRISTEN STEWART. It was so hideous that they never used it. They gave it the nickname of "Chuckesmee" . . . because of its similarity to Chucky the killer doll.
The Final Game of the World Series Finished Second in the Ratings . . . and "The Walking Dead" Was the Top Show for Young Adults
19.2 million baseball fans tuned in to watch the Boston Red Sox win the final game of the "World Series". That was good enough for second place in the weekly ratings. "NCIS" narrowly beat it to hold onto the top spot with 19.3 million viewers.
"Sunday Night Football" was third with 17 million viewers. Here are the top 20 shows:
1. "NCIS", CBS, 19.3 million viewers.
2. The final game of the "World Series", Fox, 19.2 million viewers. The Red Sox beat the Cardinals and took the series title.
3. "Sunday Night Football", NBC, 17 million viewers. The Indianapolis Colts beat the Houston Texans, 27-24.
4. "60 Minutes", CBS, 15.8 million viewers.
5. "NCIS: Los Angeles", CBS, 14.9 million viewers.
6. Game 5 of the "World Series", Fox, 14.4 million viewers. The Red Sox beat the Cardinals, 3-1.
7. "The Walking Dead", AMC, 13.3 million viewers.
TV Ratings (continued)
8. "Dancing with the Stars", ABC, 13.3 million viewers.
9. Monday's episode of "The Voice", NBC, 13.2 million viewers.
10. "Person of Interest", CBS, 12 million viewers.
11. A repeat of "The Big Bang Theory", CBS, 11.8 million viewers.
12. Tuesday's episode of "The Voice", NBC, 11.6 million viewers.
13. "Blue Bloods", CBS, 11 million viewers.
14. "Monday Night Football", ESPN, 10.8 million viewers. The Seattle Seahawks beat the St. Louis Rams, 14-9.
15. "Castle", ABC, 10.7 million viewers.
16. "Criminal Minds", CBS, 10.6 million viewers.
17. "The Blacklist", NBC, 10.5 million viewers.
18. "The Good Wife", CBS, 10.2 million viewers.
19. "Hawaii Five-0", CBS, 9.7 million viewers.
20. "The Millers", CBS, 9.7 million viewers.
TV Ratings (continued)
And here are some additional ratings you may or may not be interested in:
• "Thursday Night Football" had 6.5 million viewers. The Miami Dolphins beat the Cincinnati Bengals, 22-20.
• The performance show of "The X Factor" got 4.9 million viewers. The Top 16 performed live for the first time and the Top 12 were announced.
• The 6th season premiere of "Real Housewives of Atlanta" drew 3.1 million viewers.
• The 4th season premiere of "Love & Hip Hop" got 3 million viewers.
• The 2nd season premiere of VH1's "Chrissy & Mr. Jones", starring rapper Jim Jones, attracted 2.9 million viewers.
• The "Breeder's Cup" had 2.2 million viewers. Mucho Macho Man won by a nose.
• The 10th season premiere of "Little People, Big World" got 2 million viewers.
• "Drop Dead Diva" finished off its 5th season with 1.8 million viewers.
• The 9th season finale of "Ghost Hunters" on Syfy got 1.4 million viewers.
• The series premiere of "Naked Vegas" attracted 1.2 million viewers. It's a reality show about artists who use naked bodies as their canvas.
Wednesday TV Reminders:
• "The 47th Annual CMA Awards" . . . 8:00 to 11:00 P.M. on ABC. Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood are your hosts. The performers include Taylor Swift, Alison Krauss with Vince Gill, Hunter Hayes with Jason Mraz, Zac Brown Band with Dave Grohl, and George Strait with Alan Jackson in a tribute to the late George Jones.
(You'll find your full list of nominees and performers here.)
• "The X Factor" [Top 12 Live Performance] . . . 8:00 to 10:00 P.M. on Fox.
• "South Park" . . . 10:00 to 10:30 P.M. on Comedy Central. Kyle serves Cartman's every whim, because he's so stoked that Cartman brought peace to the Middle East.
• "Watch What Happens: Live" . . . 11:00 to 11:30 P.M. on Bravo. Katey Sagal ("Sons of Anarchy") and cooking minx Giada De Laurentiis are the guests.
Early Morning Show Guests:
• "The Today Show" - Music Guest: Il Divo.
• "Good Morning America" - Country singer Easton Corbin and model Candice Swanepoel. Music Guest: Luke Bryan.
• "CBS This Morning" - Brooklyn Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov, motivational speaker Tony Robbins, Aspen Institute CEO Walter Isaacson, and "New York Times" columnist Nick Bilton (author of "Hatching Twitter").
Mid-Morning Show Guests:
• "Live! With Kelly and Michael" - Rob Lowe (JFK in "Killing Kennedy").
• "The View" - Liv Tyler for her book "Modern Manners: Tools to Take You to the Top" and chef Giada De Laurentiis for her cookbook "Giada's Feel Good Food: My Healthy Recipes and Secrets". Brad Garrett co-host.
• "Rachael Ray" - Bill O'Reilly for his book "Killing Kennedy: The End of Camelot".
This Afternoon On TV:
• "Ellen DeGeneres" - Ashton Kutcher ("Two and a Half Men") and celebrity chef José Andrés. Music Guest: Sting.
• "The Talk" - Chris Hardwick ("Talking Dead") and the Twice Baked Twins.
• "Katie Couric" - Dan Cortese ("Guinness World Records Unleashed").
• "Queen Latifah Show" - Ray Romano ("Parenthood"). Music Guest: Kodaline.
• "Steve Harvey" - The secrets to a successful online dating profile. Steve also reunites a woman with the twin brother she thought died at childbirth.
• "Dr. Phil" - Cleveland kidnapping survivor Michelle Knight reveals details of her captivity and what her life has been like since being rescued.
• "Dr. Oz Show" - Céline Dion performs.
• "Wendy Williams" - Kathy Griffin and style expert Jacqui Stafford.
• "Bethenny" - The cast of WE's "The Lylas" (a.k.a. Bruno Mars' sisters), psychic medium Char Margolis, and chef Aaron McCargo Jr.
Tonight's Late Night Talk Shows:
• "Letterman" - Natalie Portman ("Thor: The Dark World") and Chris Elliott ("Eagleheart"). Music Guest: James Blunt.
• "Jimmy Kimmel" - Dr. Phil, sportscaster Erin Andrews, and Florida Georgia Line.
• "The Tonight Show" - Ellen DeGeneres. Music Guest: Tired Pony.
• "Jimmy Fallon" - Jason Statham ("Homefront") and Tom Green ("Tom Green Live"). Music Guest: Emeli Sandé.
• "Carson Daly" - Comedian Eric Andre ("The Eric Andre Show"). Music Guest: Chrome Sparks.
• "Arsenio" - "The Talk's" co-hosts Julie Chen, Sara Gilbert, Sharon Osbourne, Aisha Tyler, and Sheryl Underwood . . . plus comedian George Wallace.
• "Conan" - Aziz Ansari ("Parks and Recreation"), author Deepak Chopra ("What Are You Hungry For?"), and comedian Adam Yenser.
• "Craig Ferguson" - Martin Short and author Doris Kearns Goodwin ("The Bully Pulpit: Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, and the Golden Age of Journalism").
• "Chelsea Lately" - Kelly Osbourne.
• "Jon Stewart" - Author Monique Brinson Demery ("Finding the Dragon Lady: The Mystery of Vietnam's Madame Nhu").
• "The Colbert Report" - New York radio talk show host Brian Lehrer.
22% of People Have Fallen Asleep at Work . . . Plus Five More Stats on Sleeping at the Office
According to a new survey, 22% of people say they've fallen asleep at work. The average nap lasts 47 minutes, people are most likely to take one on Wednesdays, and women are more likely to take one than men.
1. The average work nap lasts 47 minutes.
2. People are most likely to fall asleep at work on Wednesdays.
3. People are more likely to just fall asleep at their desks, but about 10% have fallen asleep in the bathroom or a meeting room.
4. Women are more likely to take naps at work than men.
5. Accountants are most likely to fall asleep on the job.
A Woman Falls Asleep Behind the Wheel . . . and Crashes Into a Mattress Store
On Monday night, a woman in Texas was driving home after a 13-hour shift at work and crashed her new pickup . . . into a MATTRESS STORE. Fortunately there were no injuries . . . somehow she was totally fine, and there was no one in the store at the time.
One in Five Women Dreams About Their Significant Other Cheating on Them
According to a new survey, one out of every FIVE women says she has regular dreams about her partner cheating on her. And women are three times more likely than men to have dreams about being cheated on
The Five Times When Women Feel Most Attractive . . . and the Three Times When They Feel Least Attractive
: A new survey found the top five times when women feel MOST BEAUTIFUL: On their wedding day . . . on vacation . . . while they're pregnant . . . right after sex . . . and for some reason, at WORK.
1. On their wedding day.
2. On vacation.
3. While they're pregnant.
4. Right after sex.
5. At work.
Is It Rude to Ask Your Guests to Take Off Their Shoes?
: Is it rude to ask your guests to take off their shoes? People who say it's NOT RUDE say it's polite, keeps the carpet clean, and helps people relax. People who say it IS rude say it's tacky, can catch people off-guard without socks, and sometimes seems more like a power play.
A Man Suffers Severe Injuries After He Jumps Out of a Moving Car . . . to Get Out of an Argument With His Ex-Girlfriend
On Sunday night, a 21-year-old man from Alabama was in his ex-girlfriend's car, and they were ARGUING. Eventually he couldn't take it anymore, and JUMPED OUT . . . while the car was still moving. But his ex was driving about 35 miles per hour at the time, so he suffered severe head injuries. There's no word on his condition.
A Guy Ran a Stop Sign, and the Cops Ordered Two X-Rays, Two Cavity Searches, Three Enemas, and a Colonoscopy to Look for Drugs . . . but Found Nothing
In January, a guy in New Mexico was pulled over for running a stop sign. Then police noticed he was clenching his BUTTOCKS, and assumed he was hiding drugs. So they ordered two X-rays, two cavity searches, three enemas, and a colonoscopy . . . and found NOTHING. Now he's suing pretty much everyone involved.
Police Are Seeking Three Female Robbery Suspects With "Big Booties"
On Saturday, three women in South Carolina broke into a house and stole two TVs. And the only lead the police have is . . . a neighbor saw them and noted they were black women with, quote, "BIG BOOTIES." There's no word if the cops have any suspects.
Emma Stone - 25 (Very sexy minx from "Easy A", "The House Bunny", "The Rocker", "The Help", "Superbad", "Zombieland", and the "Spiderman" reboots. Before that, she was Laurie on "In Search of the New Partridge Family".)
Lamar Odom - 34 (NBA player turned Kardashian prop turned crack user.)
Taryn Manning - 35 (Nola the prostitute in "Hustle & Flow" and one of Britney's annoying best friends in "Crossroads". You saw her most recently on "Orange Is the New Black" as the murderous evangelist Tiffany "Pennsatucky" Doggett.)
Wiley Wiggins - 37 (He WAS Mitch Kramer in "Dazed and Confused" . . . the freshman kid whose idea of acting was to squint and squeeze the bridge of his nose with his thumb and forefinger to convey emotion.)
Thandie Newton - 41 (Delicious interracial minx who plays the color Orange in "For Colored Girls". She also starred in "Crash" . . . co-starred with Tom Cruise in "Mission: Impossible 2" . . . played Condoleezza Rice in "W." . . . and let Carter impregnate her on "ER".)
Rebecca Romijn - 41 (Used to nail John Stamos anytime she wanted to. Now, she lets Jerry O-Frickin'-Connell up in her fun-stuff. She even bore him twins.)
Ethan Hawke - 43 (Used to nail Uma Thurman, but traded her in for a 22-year-old.)
Kelly Rutherford - 45 (A MILF in every sense of the word. She plays Blake Lively's mom, Lily Van Der Woodsen, on "Gossip Girl". Before that she was Dixie Cousins On one of the most underrated series ever, "The Adventures of Brisco County Jr." . . . starring THE UNSTOPPABLE BRUCE CAMPBELL!)
PETER DELUISE! - 47 (Superstar of "21 Jump Street" with RICHARD GRIECO! Peter was created via the powerful spermatozoon of Superstar Chubby DOM DELUISE! These days Peter's into sci-fi . . .)
Corey Glover - 49 (Singer of Living Colour! He also played Francis in Oliver Stone's "Platoon". Living Colour's biggest album is 1988's "Vivid" . . . featuring the SMASH single "Cult of Personality" . . . which is now used as WWE superstar CM Punk's theme song.)
Angela Summers - 49 (Mattress actress who's done 115 fine films, including "Will & Ted's Bogus Gang Bangs", "Snatched to the Future", and "Edward Penishands 2"!)
Maria Shriver - 58 (I'm guessing she does all her own housework now.)
Lori Singer - 56 ("Footloose"! She's also the sister of THE BEASTMASTER himself, Marc Singer!!! Now resting comfortably under the Rock of Obscurity, next to Jennifer Grey, Kelly McGillis AND Kajagoogoo!) (???)
Glenn Frey - 65 (The Eagles' guitarist and piano player. Their "Greatest Hits (1971-1975)" album is the #1 selling album in the U.S. of ALL TIME, with 29 million copies sold in the U.S. and 42 MILLION copies sold worldwide.)
Sally Field - 67 ("Gidget", "The Flying Nun", and "Brothers & Sisters".)
Mike Nichols - 82 (Oscar-winning director of "The Graduate". He also directed "Closer", "The Birdcage", "Silkwood" AND Garry Shandling's "What Planet Are You From?". Best of all, he gets to nail Diane Sawyer ANYTIME HE WANTS TO.)
Pat Tillman - Would have been 37 - (1976 - 2004) (Ex-NFL player who was so struck by September 11th that he left professional football to enlist in the Army. He was killed by friendly fire in Afghanistan in April of 2004.)
Jonathan Harris - (1914 - 2002) (Dr. Zachary Smith on "Lost In Space".)
James Naismith - (1861 - 1939) (Crazy Canadian who invented basketball.)
Antoine-Joseph Sax - (1814 - 1894) (Filthy Frenchy who invented the saxophone AND the saxotromba.)
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 2 days to "Thor: The Dark World"
• 16 days to "Catching Fire"
• 22 days until Thanksgiving
• 37 days to "The Desolation of Smaug"
• 49 days until Christmas
• 1,171 days left of "Hope and Change"
153 years ago . . . in 1860 - 82% of the eligible voters turned out to elect ABRAHAM LINCOLN as our 16th president. Of course, at that point, "eligible voters" didn't include blacks or women.
90 years ago . . . in 1923 - JACOB SCHICK was granted a patent . . . for the ELECTRIC RAZOR.
78 years ago . . . in 1935 - EDWIN H. ARMSTRONG announced his development of F.M. BROADCASTING.
52 years ago . . . in 1961 - A brush fire tore through Bel Air, California, burning down the homes of BURT LANCASTER and ZSA ZSA GABOR, and damaging or threatening the homes of Marlon Brando, Cary Grant, ROBERT STACK and Kim Novak, among others.
46 years ago . . . in 1967 - A young, dark-haired stud named PHIL DONAHUE started a small talk show in Dayton, Ohio . . . which later became "DONAHUE"!!!
31 years ago . . . in 1982 - "Up Where We Belong" . . . the amazing ballad from the soundtrack to "An Officer And A Gentleman" . . . by JOE COCKER & JENNIFER WARNES . . . hit #1 on the singles chart.
25 years ago . . . in 1988 - RINGO STARR and his wife BARBARA BACH lovingly checked each other into an alcohol rehab center. Ringo is HUGE in Japan, ya know.
20 years ago . . . in 1993 - "I'd Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That)", by MEAT LOAF, hit #1 on the pop singles chart and stayed there for five weeks.
16 years ago . . . in 1997 - A Los Angeles judge denied a request by TOMMY & PAMELA LEE to block Internet Entertainment Group from offering free viewings of their very naughty home video showing them having very naughty relations.
15 years ago . . . in 1998 - "The Siege", starring DENZEL WASHINGTON and BRUCE WILLIS . . . and "The Waterboy", starring ADAM SANDLER, both opened to packed houses for the sole reason that . . .
(. . . the "STAR WARS: EPISODE 1" trailer was being shown before AND after both pictures . . . and everyone wanted to get a look at the WOOKIE SENATOR!!!) (???)
14 years ago . . . in 1999 - LEE ANN WOMACK married her second husband, Frank Liddell. Today is their 13th anniversary.
11 years ago . . . in 2002 - WINONA RYDER was found guilty of grand theft and vandalism . . . both felonies . . . for shoplifting over-priced clothes from Saks Fifth Avenue that she could have easily afforded.