Your daily dose of WHATEVER!!
Did Eva Mendes and Ryan Gosling Split Up?
EVA MENDES and RYAN GOSLING have reportedly broken up after about two years together. A source says, quote, "Eva said the relationship had just run its course.
"There wasn't a lot to say. He was everything you're supposed to want in a guy . . . great on paper . . . but she felt like something was missing."
Sexy Pictures of Famous People
1. WAYNE GRETZKY'S daughter PAULINA is in the new issue of "Maxim". (Here are the pics.)
2. You may want to spray-tan your EYEBALLS when you see these pictures of the Tan Mom without a bra. (Enjoy. Or don't.)
3. (NC-17) I love it when braless celebrities like LIBERTY ROSS pretend they have no idea that their black tops aren't going to be totally see-through when the paparazzi's flashbulbs hit them. (Benefit from Liberty's feigned ignorance here. WARNING!!! Free-range nipples ahead.)
4. Self-professed good girl SELENA GOMEZ is looking a little trampy in the new issue of "Flaunt" magazine. (Here are the pics.)
5. At some point we're going to have to address the fact that, even at the age of 42, WINONA RYDER doesn't seem to be aging. (But until then, let's just enjoy her spread from the new issue of "V" magazine.)
6. LEA MICHELE and NAYA RIVERA dressed as sexy elves to film scenes for an upcoming episode of "Glee". (Here are some pics.)
Lamar Odom and Khloe Kardashian Seem to Be Getting Along
Sources say LAMAR ODOM and KHLOE KARDASHIAN have been spending a lot more time together lately, and things are going pretty well. A witness says they were looking, quote, "couple-y" at KRIS JENNER'S birthday party Tuesday night. And Khloe is denying reports that they're selling their house.
Showbiz Tragedy!!! The Olsen Twins Have No Plans to Act Again
At 27 years of age, MARY-KATE and ASHLEY OLSEN have no plans to return to acting. Mary-Kate says, quote, "We still feel welcome in the [entertainment] industry. But it's not the one we're in."
The Sequel to "Thor" and a "Hunger Games" Parody Are Out This Weekend
The sequel to "Thor" picks up after the events of "The Avengers". Chris Hemsworth returns as Thor, and Tom Hiddleston is his brother Loki, who's locked up on Asgard for attacking Earth.
This time an ancient race of evil elves returns for revenge against Asgard, and Thor has to free Loki to get his help in escaping Asgard, and stopping the enemy from destroying the universe. (Truly Desperate) (Escaping Asgard)
Almost everyone else from the first "Thor" is back, including Anthony Hopkins as Odin, Rene Russo as his wife, Idris Elba as Heimdall, and Natalie Portman as Thor's scientist girlfriend.
Thor brings her back to Asgard from Earth, where she attracts the attention of the leader of the dark elves, played by Christopher Eccleston . . . one of the many actors to play "Doctor Who".
This is the EIGHTH movie to take place in the Marvel universe, and supposedly it has a darker feel to it. Probably because the director . . . Alan Taylor . . . worked on "The Sopranos" and "Game of Thrones".
You'll want to stay to the end of the credits for TWO extra scenes . . . one of which is a tie-in for the upcoming "Guardians of the Galaxy" movie. The first scene happens midway through the credits. The other scene comes at the end.
And you can't have a Marvel movie without a mandatory Stan Lee cameo. In this one he appears as an asylum inmate. There's also some kind of tie-in with "Marvel's Agents of "S.H.I.E.L.D." and the upcoming "Captain America" sequel.
A spoof of "The Hunger Games" that also riffs on "The Avengers", "Oz the Great and Powerful" and "Harry Potter".
Maiara Walsh plays Kantmiss Evershot, and instead of Peeta and Gale, the guys in this one are 'Peter Malarkey' and 'Dale'. They're played by two guys from "Pretty Little Liars", Cody Christian and Brant Daugherty.
Your kids know Maiara from the Disney Channel show "Cory in the House". You also know Brant from his recent "Dancing With the Stars" appearance.
As for the other names they had fun with . . . they turned Effie into 'Effoff' . . . and the villain is President Snowballs.
A guy learns he can travel through time and relive certain moments of his life until he gets them right. But then he has to make his girlfriend fall in love with him again, after he accidentally makes it so they'd never met.
Bill Nighy plays his dad, a guy named Domhnall Gleeson plays the time traveler, and Rachel McAdams plays his girlfriend.
4. "12 Years a Slave" is expanding nationwide today. Chiwetel Ejiofor stars in the true story of Solomon Northrup, a free black man from New York who was kidnapped and sold into slavery. Brad Pitt, Benedict Cumberbatch, and Michael Fassbender are also in it. (Trailer)
Next Week's Theatrical Releases, CDs, DVDs, and Games
CDs for Tuesday, November 12th:
• "ArtPop", Lady Gaga
• "Now That's What I Call Music 48"
• "Woman I Am", Kellie Pickler
• "Under the Covers Volume 3", Matthew Sweet and Susanna Hoffs
• "Covered", actress Katey Sagal
• "Snow Globe", Erasure
DVDs for Tuesday, November 12th:
• "Man of Steel" . . . starring Henry Cavill as Superman and Amy Adams as Lois Lane.
• "Turbo" . . . starring Ryan Reynolds as the voice of a supercharged snail.
• "Paradise" . . . starring Julianne Hough as a woman trying out a more sinful life.
Games for NEXT Friday, November 15th:
• The PS4 console hits stores on Friday, November 15th. A lot of this year's games will have PS4 editions. The first PS4-exclusives are "Knack" and "Killzone: Shadow Fall".
• "Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games" for the WiiU.
• "Deadfall Adventures" on the Xbox 360.
Theatrical Releases for NEXT Friday, November 15th:
• "The Best Man Holiday" . . . Morris Chestnut, Taye Diggs and Terrence Howard.
• "12-12-12" . . . behind-the-scenes at the benefit concert for Hurricane Sandy victims.
• "Charlie Countryman" . . . starring Shia LaBeouf and Evan Rachel Wood.
• "Nebraska" . . . starring Bruce Dern and Will Forte.
Disney Is Developing Four Live-Action Marvel Shows for Netflix
Disney and Marvel are hoping you aren't getting sick of superheroes . . . because they've announced that they're developing four new, live-action TV shows for Netflix, which will start being released in 2015.
The superheroes Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, and Luke Cage will each get their own 13-episode show. Then, all their storylines will be tied together in a Netflix miniseries called "The Defenders", which will, quote, "reimagine a dream team of self-sacrificing, heroic characters."
In other words, it'll be a little like "The Avengers", which brought together plot threads from five previous Marvel films. There's no casting information for the new shows yet.
Friday TV Reminders:
• "Masterchef: Junior Edition" [1st Season Finale] . . . 8:00 to 9:00 P.M. on Fox.
• "The Neighbors" . . . 8:30 to 9:00 P.M. on ABC. The cast of "Shark Tank" guest star as themselves.
• "The Lylas" [Series Premiere] . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on WE. This reality show stars the four sexy sisters of Bruno Mars . . . Jaime, Tiara, Tahiti and Presley . . . as they leave their home in Hawaii to try to launch their own music careers in L.A.
• "Say Yes To The Dress: Atlanta" [6th Season Premiere] . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on TLC.
• "Comedy Bang! Bang!" . . . 10:00 to 10:30 P.M. on IFC. Rashida Jones guests.
• "Fashion Police" . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on E! "Happy Endings'" Casey Wilson, "Burning Love's" June Diane Raphael and Casper Smart are guests.
Saturday TV Reminders:
• "Miss Universe 2013" . . . 9:00 to 11:00 P.M. on NBC. Mel B and MSNBC Live's Thomas Roberts co-host the pageant from Crocus City Hall in Moscow. The performers are Steven Tyler, Panic! At the Disco, and Azerbaijani singer Emin.
(You can check out some glamour shots of all the contestants here.)
• "Iyanla: Fix My Life Recharged" . . . 8:00 to 9:00 P.M. on OWN. "In the House" star Maia Campbell guests.
• "Austin City Limits" . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on PBS. Emeli Sandé and Michael Kiwanuka perform.
• "Saturday Night Live" . . . 11:30 P.M. to 1:00 A.M. on NBC. Miley Cyrus guest hosts and is also the musical guest. (REPEAT)
Sunday TV Reminders:
• "Sunday Night Football" . . . 8:30 to 11:30 P.M. Eastern on ESPN. The New Orleans Saints host the Dallas Cowboys at the Superdome.
• "Revenge". . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on ABC. Ana Ortiz from "Devious Maids" guest stars as a PR flak hired to rehabilitate the Grayson name.
• "Killing Kennedy". . . 8:00 to 10:00 P.M. on National Geographic. Rob Lowe plays JFK in this adaptation of Bill O'Reilly's book "Killing Kennedy". Ginnifer Goodwin plays Jackie Kennedy and Michelle Trachtenberg is Lee Harvey Oswald's wife.
• "Shake It Up" [Series Finale] . . . 9:00 to 9:30 P.M. on Disney.
• "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" [8th Season Finale] . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on E!
• "Oprah's Next Chapter" . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on OWN. Director Spike Lee guests.
• "Oprah: Where Are They Now?" . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on OWN. Captain "Sully" Sullenberger, RuPaul, Jenna Jameson, and former "View" yenta Debbie Matenopoulos are the guests.
• "Alaskan Women Looking For Love" [1st Season Finale] . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on TLC.
Early Morning Show Guests:
• "The Today Show" - Daisy Martinez.
• "Good Morning America" - Bionic chef Eduardo Garcia and Paramore.
• "CBS This Morning" - Bill O'Reilly ("Killing Kennedy") and former New York Yankees manager Joe Torre.
Mid-Morning Show Guests:
• "Live! With Kelly and Michael" - Bruce Dern ("Nebraska") and "Dancing with the Stars" judge Carrie Ann Inaba.
• "The View" - Simon Baker ("The Mentalist") and Boston Marathon bombing survivor Erika Brannock. Former NFL wide receiver Donald Driver co-hosts.
• "Rachael Ray" - Tom Selleck ("Blue Bloods") and chef Sunny Anderson with the latest in Thanksgiving gadgets to simplify your holiday.
This Afternoon On TV:
• "Ellen DeGeneres" - Rob Lowe (JFK in "Killing Kennedy"). Paris Hilton DJs.
• "The Talk" - Jennifer Coolidge ("2 Broke Girls"), rapper Vanilla Ice ("Vanilla Ice Goes Amish"), and chef Eric Greenspan.
• "Katie Couric" - Avril Lavigne performs, plus Katie competes against Joy Behar in a "Chopped Challenge" that's being judged by the people from "Chopped".
• "Queen Latifah Show" - "America's Most Talented Kids".
• "Steve Harvey" - Honey Boo Boo and her family. Plus: Foods that can improve memory and libido, and advice for introducing a new boyfriend to the children.
• "Dr. Phil" - "A Husband Obsessed, a Wife Accused". More "evidence" from a husband who's convinced that his wife is being unfaithful.
• "Dr. Oz Show" - Dr. Sanjay Gupta discusses overstimulation.
• "Wendy Williams" - The Wanted.
• "Bethenny" - Chrissy Lampkin and Jim Jones (VH1's "Chrissy & Mr. Jones"), Casey Wilson ("Happy Endings"), and Olympic gymnast Gabby Douglas.
Tonight's Late Night Talk Shows:
• "Letterman" - Tom Brokaw ("Tom Brokaw Special: Where Were You?") and comedian Rhys Darby. Music Guest: Black Joe Lewis.
• "Jimmy Kimmel" - Jennifer Garner ("Dallas Buyers Club") and David Arquette (Sundance Channel's "Dream School"). Music Guest: Arcade Fire. (REPEAT)
• "The Tonight Show" - Mariska Hargitay ("Law & Order: SVU") andSenator Ted Cruz. Music Guest: Gavin DeGraw.
• "Jimmy Fallon" - Natalie Portman ("Thor: The Dark World"), Taye Diggs ("The Best Man Holiday"), and comedian Nate Bargatze.
• "Carson Daly" - A look at the horror film "Bad Milo!". Music Guest: Metz. (REPEAT)
• "Arsenio" - Jerry Ferrara ("Last Vegas"), Terry Crews ("Brooklyn Nine-Nine"), and Kirk Fox ("The Test").
• "Craig Ferguson" - Mary Steenburgen ("Last Vegas") and Becca Tobin (Kitty on "Glee").
• "Chelsea Lately" - Kate Bosworth and her husband, director Michael Polish. (REPEAT)
Radio Is Still the Number One Way People Find Music . . . Because Radio Is the Best Medium and Nothing Else Compares
Need MORE proof that radio is still taking on ALL CHALLENGERS and smacking them down? According to a new study by Nielsen, radio is STILL the number one way people discover new music.
48% of people say radio is the top way they find new music. 10% say they find music mostly from tips from friends and relatives . . . 7% of people mostly find music on YouTube.
A Motion-Activated Alarm Busts Your Kids for Sneaking Early Looks at Their Christmas Gifts
Want to keep your kids from sneaking over to the Christmas tree early to SHAKE their gifts, or peel back the wrapping paper just a little? Now you can, in a wonderfully obnoxious way.
There's a product called the GIFT ALARM on sale for $13. It's a motion-activated siren that makes noise and flashes lights whenever someone gets too close to the gifts under the tree. Enjoy.
Sriracha Candy Canes Look Just Like Regular Candy Canes . . . But Don't Taste Like Them
Christmas is all about joy and kindness and togetherness. It needs more PRANKS. And this is a suggestion.
SRIRACHA CANDY CANES are now on sale. They LOOK just like regular red and white candy canes . . . only they taste like Sriracha, that hot red sauce with the rooster on the bottle. A box of 12 sells for about $8.
71% of People Already Have Their New Year's Resolutions Planned?
According to a new survey, 71% of people ALREADY have their New Year's resolutions planned. The top three are: Losing weight, working out more, and cutting stress. But only 11% of the people say they think they'll end up sticking with their resolutions.
Ten Things Everyone Does . . . But No One Admits Doing
What are some things you're pretty sure everyone does . . . but no one admits doing? A few of the best ones we've heard are: Changing a story a little bit as you tell it, to make it better . . . talking to yourself . . . picturing people having sex when you find out they're pregnant . . . and replaying arguments in your head where, this time, YOU win.
What's the Stupidest Way You've Injured Yourself?
What's the stupidest way you've injured yourself? A few of the best ones we've heard are a person who was reading in bed, dropped the book on their face and needed stitches . . . a guy who pulled his groin playing bowling on Nintendo Wii . . . and a guy who pierced his butt check on a rusty windshield wiper trying to do a "Dukes of Hazzard" slide across the hood of a car.
Scientists Have Finally Figured Out How to Avoid 'Splash Back' When You Use a Urinal
: Attention all guys: Scientists have finally figured out how to avoid 'splash back' when you use a urinal: Stand about six inches away . . . aim at the back wall, not the water . . . and make your stream hit at an ANGLE. For WOMEN, put some toilet paper in the water to soften the impact.
Ten Ridiculously Exaggerated Job Titles . . . Like Garbage Men Being Called "Sanitation Engineers"
You know those exaggerated job titles that people use to make regular jobs sound FANCIER? Here are the worst: A paperboy is a "media distribution officer" . . . a street sweeper is a "highway environmental hygienist" . . . and a window washer is "transparency enhancement facilitator".
Chess and the Rubber Duck Are Inducted Into the Toy Hall of Fame
The National Toy Hall of Fame just announced its two new inductees for 2013. And they are . . . CHESS and the RUBBER DUCK. They beat out several other strong finalists including bubbles, the board game Clue, green Army men, Magic 8-Ball, Nerf toys, Pac-Man, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
A Drunk Guy Passes Out on a Bench . . . And Wakes Up in a Body Bag at the Morgue?
A drunk guy passed out on a bench in Poland recently . . . and woke up in a BODY BAG at the MORGUE. Apparently paramedics had found him on the bench, and somehow decided he was DEAD. Now he's having recurring nightmares about doctors doing an autopsy on him while he's still alive, and he's suing the hospital for negligence.
A Gas Station Employee Foils a Robbery by Telling the Guy "No" . . . Then Gets Fired For Not Giving Him Money?
Earlier this week, a gas station worker in Kentucky foiled an armed robbery just by telling the robber, "NO." The guy actually took that as an answer and left without any money. Well . . . the employee was just FIRED for breaking the company policy, which says you HAVE to give up money in a robbery and hit the panic button.
A Burglar Tries to Break Into a House Santa Claus Style . . . and Gets Stuck in the Chimney
On Wednesday, a 25-year-old burglar in Florida tried to break into a house SANTA CLAUS STYLE . . . by sliding down the chimney. Only he got stuck, and his accomplice had to call 911. It took the fire department about 30 minutes to pull him out . . . and he was arrested.
A Couple Is Busted Having Sex in a Waffle House Parking Lot . . . Then the Woman Tries to Wear a Cheeseburger as a Sandal?
On Sunday, police in Georgia busted a drunk couple having SEX in a pickup truck in a Waffle House parking lot. They were SO drunk that when the cops busted them, the woman tried to put a CHEESEBURGER on her FOOT like a sandal. They were both arrested for public drunkenness and loitering.
Lauren Alaina - 19 ("American Idol" runner-up who lost to Scotty McCreery.)
Jessica Lowndes - 25 (Adrianna Tate-Duncan on the new "90210".)
Jack Osbourne - 28 (Ozzy Osbourne's kid who was diagnosed multiple sclerosis . . . and who helped SAVE A WOMAN'S LIFE during his wedding weekend in Hawaii. His NBC show got dumped when he was diagnosed, but ABC grabbed him for "Dancing With the Stars".)
LYNNDIE ENGLAND! - 31 (Sexy. Likes: Cigarettes, penis pointing, and naked Iraqi pyramids. Dislikes: Geneva Conventions, beauty aids, and feminine hygiene products.)
Roxy Deville - 31 (Mattress actress who has starred in 248 fine films, including "Meat Puppets", "Kill Jill 2", and the "Texas Vibrator Massacre". She was also Lily Munster in "This Ain't the Munsters XXX".)
Dania Ramirez - 34 (Maya on "Heroes" and Callisto in "X-Men: The Last Stand". "Entourage" fans would also remember her as Alex, one of Turtle's employees. Now she's one of the Lifetime network's "Devious Maids".)
Bucky Covington - 36 (Country singer from the fifth season of "American Idol".)
Brianna Beach - 37 (Mattress actress who's starred in 106 fine films, including "Fahrenheit 69", "Innocent Until Proven Filthy 2", "Apple Bottomz 3" and "Not Another Low Budget Porn Movie".)
Tara Reid - 38 (Drunk party-slut who decimated her body with bad plastic surgery.)
Gretchen Mol - 41 (The incestuous Gillian Darmody on "Boardwalk Empire".)
Parker Posey - 45 (Oddly sexy minx from "Dazed & Confused", "A Mighty Wind", "Best In Show" and "Scream 3". She used to let Ryan "I Wish I Was Bryan" Adams nail her.)
Tech N9ne - 42 (American rapper whose real name is Aaron Yates.)
Courtney Thorne-Smith - 46 (Jim Belushi's hot wife on "According to Jim". Now she plays Lindsey on "Two and a Half Men". And let's not forget, she was the female lead in the legendary CARROT TOP movie, "Chairman of the Board"!)
Gordon Ramsay - 47 (Foul-mouthed "Hell's Kitchen" and "Kitchen Nightmares" chef. His dialogue includes more "bleeps" than R2-D2's.)
LEIF GARRETT! - 52 (Star of the 1987 cinematic classic, "Cheerleader Camp" a.k.a. "Bloody Pompoms". Leif's also a SUPERSTAR SINGER! Biggest Hit: ROCK BOTTOM! (Rim Shot!) But seriously, it's obviously "I Was Made For Dancin'"!)
Rickie Lee Jones - 59 (Biggest Smash: 1979's "Chuck E.'s In Love", from her self-titled debut album. She wrote it about musician Chuck E. Weiss . . . who was givin' it to her REAL GOOD at the time.) (TRUE.)
Friends threw her a surprise
Alfre Woodard - 61 (The mysterious Nubian neighbor whom nobody cared about on the second season of "Desperate Housewives". She was also Lieutenant Tanya Rice on "Memphis Beat".)
Mary Hart - 63 ("Entertainment Tonight" MINX who left the show after 29 years.)
Bonnie Raitt - 64 (Mature country minx with the "fire-down-below".)
Morley Safer - 82 (He's won 12 Emmys for "60 Minutes".)
Esther Rolle - (1920 - 1998) (Florida Evans on "Good Times" AND "Maude".)
Darla Hood - (1931 - 1979) ("Little Rascals" minx.) (In 1979, she died of acute hepatitis . . . which you KNOW she got from Butch.)
Margaret Mitchell - (1900 - 1949) (Author of "Gone With the Wind".)
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 14 days to "Catching Fire"
• 20 days until Thanksgiving
• 35 days to "The Hobbit: Part 2"
• 47 days until Christmas
• 98 days to Valentine's Day
• 1,169 days left of "Hope and Change"
126 years ago . . . in 1887 - WYATT EARP'S friend DOC HOLLIDAY died of tuberculosis at a sanitarium in Glenwood Springs, Colorado. Doc was just 36. Doc once gave 8-to-5 odds that a bullet would kill him before the consumption did.
118 years ago . . . in 1895 - Bavarian scientist WILLIAM ROENTGEN was conducting an electricity experiment when his machine overheated and started emitting rays.
103 years ago . . . in 1910 - William H. Frost of Spokane, Washington, patented the INSECT ZAPPER.
63 years ago . . . in 1950 - The FIRST JET "DOG FIGHT" took place over Korea. American pilot Russell Brown shot down a Soviet MiG-15.
53 years ago . . . in 1960 - JOHN F. KENNEDY defeated BIG DICK NIXON and became America's first Catholic president.
48 years ago . . . in 1965 - "Days of Our Lives" premiered on NBC.
45 years ago . . . in 1968 - In a London courtroom, CYNTHIA LENNON was granted a divorce from her husband of six years, JOHN LENNON. John was not in court. He was with YOKO ONO in a hospital, where they feared she might suffer a miscarriage.
3 years ago . . . in 2010 - CONAN O'BRIEN returned to late night TV with his TBS show "Conan".
40 years ago . . . in 1973 - Disney's animated version of "Robin Hood" was released, with Robin as a fox and the rest of the characters as other animals. Little John was voiced by the incomparable PHIL HARRIS . . . who brought BALOO to life in "The Jungle Book".
25 years ago . . . in 1988 - GEORGE BUSH THE FIRST won the presidential election, defeating Massachusetts Governor MICHAEL DUKAKIS.
13 years ago . . . in 2000 - Vice President AL GORE telephoned Texas Governor GEORGE W. BUSH to concede victory in the presidential race . . . but called back about an hour later to retract his concession and kick off the Florida ballot-counting chaos.