Your daily dose of "Whatever"!
SHOWBIZ HIGHLIGHTS -- 1 of 4
1. The "New York Post" says JUSTIN BIEBER tried to hit on a woman in West Hollywood, Calif., and she turned him down, ... saying he looks like ELLEN DEGENERES in person. Justin wasn't happy to hear that. Obviously, the connection has a lot to do with his new platinum hairdo. (Full Story)
2. ELTON JOHN and his longtime partner DAVID FURNISH are finally getting married this weekend. They've had a civil partnership since 2005, ... but gay marriage just became legal in Great Britain in March ... So, they're making it happen. (Full Story)
3. UNCLE POODLE from "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" claims that MAMA JUNE and SUGAR BEAR had a threesome with Sugar Bear's brother Billy back in 2007. Apparently, Billy came over and saw June in her underwear, and he just HAD to have it. (Full Story)
SHOWBIZ HIGHLIGHTS -- 2 of 4
5. Former "7th Heaven" star STEPHEN COLLINS has ADMITTED that he molested three underage girls . . . in 1973, 1982 and 1994. But he adds that he, quote, "hasn't had an impulse to act out in any such way" since the '94 incident 20 years ago. (Full Story)
6. CHRIS ROCK did one of those "AMA" chats on Reddit, and he revealed that people confuse him with Chris Tucker . . . that his favorite breakfast food is pineapple ... and that if he wasn't in comedy, he'd be a funny FedEx guy. (Full Story)
7. The third "Hobbit" movie is up against the remake of "Annie" and the third "Night at the Museum" movie. There are also six movies opening Christmas Day, including "Into the Woods", the P.O.W. movie Angelina Jolie directed, the movie about Martin Luther King, and the Clint Eastwood movie "American Sniper". (New Releases)
8. Sony has canceled the Dec. 25 release of "The Interview" because of the threat from ... well ... NORTH KOREA! Seriously, ... the U.S. has determined North Korea WAS behind the cyberattack on Sony, and federal officials are calling it, quote, "far more destructive than any seen before on American soil." (Full Story)
9. The Alamo Drafthouse theater in Dallas-Fort Worth is fighting back against North Korea with one free screening of "Team America: World Police". That's the 2004 PUPPET movie made by the creators of "South Park", which very much ridicules KIM JONG UN's father, KIM JONG IL. (Full Story)
SHOWBIZ HIGHLIGHTS -- 3 of 4
10. According to a recent Harris poll that surveyed more than 2,200 adults, "Gone with the Wind" is still Americans' favorite movie ... even though it's now 75 YEARS OLD. "Star Wars" is second, followed by "Titanic". (Full Story)
11. CHARLIE SHEEN will appear in an episode of "The Goldbergs" as a character inspired by the "Boy in the Police Station" he played in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" 30 years ago. The episode will air sometime early next year. (Full Story)
13. J. COLE's third album, "2014 Forest Hills Drive", sold 375,000 copies in its first week of release and topped this week's Billboard 200 chart. He previously hit #1 with his first two albums, "Cole World: The Sideline Story" and "Born Sinner". Two other albums debuted in the Top 10: CARRIE UNDERWOOD hit #4 with her first Greatest Hits album ... and K. MICHELLE earned her second Top 10 album with "Anybody Wanna Buy a Heart?" at #6. (Billboard Charts)
14. BRIAN MAY says ADAM LAMBERT can sing FREDDIE MERCURY'S difficult vocals ... in their original key ... in his sleep. He adds, quote, "He can sing higher than even Freddie could, in a live situation." Adam has been touring with QUEEN in Freddie's place. (Full Story)
SHOWBIZ HIGHLIGHTS -- 4 of 4
15. JOAN JETT & THE BLACKHEARTS will open for THE WHO on the group's 50th anniversary tour next year. They're joining The Who when they begin their North American dates on April 15. Full Story)
16. NICK JONAS showed up at FAO Schwartz in New York on Tuesday, and performed his song "Jealous" on the "Big Piano." He later said he wanted to pay homage to Tom Hanks' classic scene from the movie "Big". (Full Story)
17. Urban Quick Hits: Bobby Shmurda, Waka Flocka Flame, Game, and YG
18. TAE, of MADDIE & TAE, has been quietly dating a country singer named Jackie Lee. He "outed" their relationship yesterday during an interview. He said, quote, "She's a really sweet girl and I like her a lot. We've been on several dates and she's really cool and I like hanging out with her." (Full Story)
19. KELLIE PICKLER was asked if CARRIE UNDERWOOD's pregnancy has her thinking about starting a family. Her answer is somewhere between no and never. She said, quote, "It's so exciting for Carrie, but I don't want the responsibility of raising a human being." (Full Story)
SHOWBIZ SEXY -- 1 of 3
Did Justin Bieber Get Turned Down Because He Looks Like Ellen DeGeneres in Real Life?
JUSTIN BIEBER's new, platinum hairdo isn't helping his LOVE GAME.
The "New York Post" says Justin tried to hit on a woman at the Fresh Corn Grill in West Hollywood, Calif., and she turned him down, saying he looks like ELLEN DEGENERES in person. (!!!)
Justin wasn't happy to hear that, obviously, but there's no word if he said anything back to her.
Elton John is Getting Married This Weekend
ELTON JOHN and his longtime partner DAVID FURNISH are finally going ALL THE WAY. That's right, they're getting married this weekend.
They've had a civil partnership since 2005, ... but gay marriage just became legal in Great Britain in March. ... So, now they're making it happen.
Elton and David have been together since 1993, and they have two sons: Zachary, who'll be four on Christmas Day, and Elijah, who'll be two next month.
SHOWBIZ SEXY -- 2 of 3
Did Mama June and Sugar Bear Have a Threesome with Sugar Bear's Brother?
HIGHLIGHTS: UNCLE POODLE from "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" claims that MAMA JUNE and SUGAR BEAR had a threesome with Sugar Bear's brother Billy back in 2007. Apparently, Billy came over and saw June in her underwear, and he just HAD to have it.
FULL STORY: Guys, if you're home for Christmas, getting it on with that chick from high school you always seem to hook up with when you go back ... and you need something to, shall we say, PROLONG THE INEVITABLE, I've got your back.
Just paint THIS picture on the inside of your eyeballs: MAMA JUNE and SUGAR BEAR from "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" once had a THREESOME with Sugar Bear's brother Billy. (!!!)
At least that's what Sugar Bear's other brother, "UNCLE POODLE" claims.
It supposedly happened in 2007. All the kids were gone and Billy went over to the house to visit. He saw June in her underwear and said, quote, "If you're dressed like that when I get back, I'm going to have sex with you."
Billy went somewhere, and when he got back, June was IN BED NAKED. So the three of them commenced to rutting around like livestock. (Radar Online)
SHOWBIZ SEXY -- 3 of 3
Sexy Pictures of Famous People
1. Here's a video of HUGH JACKMAN doing squats. Merry Christmas!
But I think you'll agree that the video the magazine did for "Blurred Lines" minx EMILY RATAJKOWSKI was MUCH hotter.
And here's Kendall, Justin Bieber and model Hailey Baldwin in a Nerf gun war.
4. If this doesn't bring out your holiday spirit, nothing will: Demi Lovato, Sam Smith, Niall Horan from One Direction, and British singer Olly Murs wearing a four-person Christmas sweater.
SHOWBIZ NONSENSE -- 1 of 3
Stephen Collins Admits He Molested Three Girls ... But Hasn't Had the Impulse to Do it Since 1994
HIGHLIGHTS: Former "7th Heaven" star STEPHEN COLLINS has ADMITTED that he molested three underage girls ... in 1973, 1982 and 1994. But he adds that he, quote, "hasn't had an impulse to act out in any such way" since the '94 incident 20 years ago.
FULL STORY: Former "7th Heaven" star STEPHEN COLLINS issued a statement to "People" magazine ADMITTING that he molested three underage girls ... in 1973, 1982 and 1994.
But he added that he, quote, "hasn't had an impulse to act out in any such way" since the '94 incident 20 years ago.
"7th Heaven" ran from 1996 to 2007 and Collins said, quote, "I never behaved inappropriately on or off that set ... or on any set I've ever worked on."
He called his actions in those three instances "terribly wrong" and said, quote, "I deeply regret the mistakes I've made and any pain I have caused these three women. I admit to, apologize for and take responsibility for what I did.''
Collins said he apologized to one of the women 15 years after the fact and she was, quote, "extraordinarily gracious."
SHOWBIZ NONSENSE -- 2 of 3
Stephen Collins Admits He Molested Three Girls .... But Hasn't Had the Impulse to Do it Since 1994 (continued)
But he hasn't approached the other two because he learned in therapy that it could, quote, "make things worse for them by opening old wounds."
In addition to his statement, Collins will sit down for an interview with KATIE COURIC, which will air tomorrow night on "20/20". (You can read more of his statement here.)
Collins has been under investigation since October, when audiotape of him apparently ADMITTING to this behavior during a therapy session hit the Internet.
It was recorded by Collins' estranged wife FAYE GRANT, without the knowledge of Collins or the therapist.
(One of the victims Collins did NOT approach personally isn't buying his apology ... or his excuse not to reach out to her. You can read what she has to say here.)
SHOWBIZ NONSENSE -- 3 of 3
If Chris Rock Wasn't a Comedian, He'd Be a FedEx Driver .... And More Highlights from His Reddit AMA
HIGHLIGHTS: CHRIS ROCK did one of those AMA chats on Reddit, and he revealed that people confuse him with Chris Tucker ... that his favorite breakfast food is pineapple ... and that if he wasn't in comedy, he'd be a funny FedEx guy.
FULL STORY: CHRIS ROCK just did one of those "Ask Me Anything" chats on Reddit, and here are the highlights:
1. When asked for his strangest fan interaction, Chris said, quote, "I remember a midget girl hit on me one night. She came up to me, at a club, I forget what city ... it was getting late ... and she asked what hotel I was staying at.
"I said I was married, and she said 'Can't blame a [B-word] for trying!.' THAT was funny."
He had another story, too. Quote, "Someone asked if I still hang out with Jackie Chan. Oh boy! OK, that's Chris Tucker. I'm Chris Rock. BUT ... me and Chris Tucker get confused with each other all the time, and it's the first thing we talk about when we bump into each other."
2. When asked for his favorite breakfast food, he said, quote, "I really just like a bowl of pineapple, to tell you the truth. I just like some fruit in the morning. Some pineapple and a side of bacon."
3. When asked what he'd be doing if he wasn't in comedy, Chris said, quote, "If I didn't go into comedy, I'd probably work at UPS or Fedex. I'd be the funny Fedex guy. But that would be what I'd be doing, probably."
NEW MOVIES THIS WEEKEND -- 1 of 2
New in Theaters: "The Hobbit", "Annie" and the "Night at the Museum" Sequel
The third and final movie in the "Hobbit" trilogy, "The Battle of the Five Armies", is about the one-armed Orc's final confrontation with Thorin Oakenshield, and the battle to defend the mountain and the dragon's unguarded treasure.
In addition to the Orcs and the Dwarves, the rest of the five armies are the Elves of Mirkwood, the Men of the Long Lake, and the wizard's Eagles from theMistyMountain.
Martin Freeman stars as Bilbo Baggins, Ian McKellen IS and forever will be Gandalf, and Benedict Cumberbatch is back as Smaug and the Necromancer, who was revealed in the last movie to be Sauron, the villain in "The Lord of the Rings" movies.
Richard Armitage leads the dwarves in defending their mountain home as Thorin, Luke Evans leads the humans as Bard the Bowman, and Lee Pace leads the elves as Thranduil, the father of Legolas. Lee is also the guy who played Ronan, the villain in "Guardians of the Galaxy".
Meanwhile, Orlando Bloom, Hugo Weaving, and Cate Blanchett are back as their "Lord of the Rings" characters Legolas, Elrond, and Galadriel ... and Evangeline Lilly plays the elf who's fallen in love with one of the dwarves.
"The Battle of the Five Armies" actually came out a week ago in the rest of the world, and has already earned $122 million overseas. Its best opening was $20.5 million inGermany ... followed byEngland andFrance, which each had over $15 million.
NEW MOVIES THIS WEEKEND -- 2 of 2
The magic in the tablet that brings the museum to life is failing, so Ben Stiller and Pharaoh Ahkmenrah take it to a museum in England to see if the tablet's creator, the pharaoh's dad, can keep the magic from dying out. He's played by Ben Kingsley.
They also take their friends Theodore Roosevelt, Attila the Hun, the Indian chick Sacajawea, one of the Neanderthals, and the tiny cowboy and centurion with them.
At the British museum they meet Rebel Wilson, who works security there ... and Dan Stevens from "Downton Abbey", who takes a comedic turn as Sir Lancelot.
Sadly, this is one of the last movies for both Robin Williams and Mickey Rooney. Mickey passed away in April, but he's back as one of the retired security guards from the first movie. And of course, Robin is Teddy Roosevelt. We lost Robin in August.
Cameron Diaz is the alcoholic running Annie's foster home, Quvenzhané Wallis is your new street-smart Annie, and Jamie Foxx plays her rich benefactor. But instead of calling him Daddy Warbucks, they use a less ridiculous-sounding name: Will Stacks.
He's trying to get elected mayor, so after he saves Annie's afro from getting run over by a car, his advisors convince him to spend more time with her for the free publicity.
NEW MOVIES OVER THE HOLIDAYS
1. On Dec. 25, ... "Into the Woods" (PG) ... James Corden and Emily Blunt star in this musical about a couple whose wish for a child of their own leads them on a quest to collect four spell ingredients for a witch played by Meryl Streep.
The witch demands the cow from Jack and the Beanstalk, Little Red Riding Hood's cape, Rapunzel's hair, and Cinderella's golden slipper. Anna Kendrick plays Cinderella, Chris Pine is her prince, and Johnny Depp is the wolf. (Trailer)
2. On Dec. 25, ... "Unbroken" (PG-13) . . . Jack O'Connell stars in the true story of Olympic runner Louis Zamperini, who survived being beaten and tortured as a Japanese P.O.W. during World War II. It's directed by Angelina Jolie. (Trailer)
3. In limited release on Dec. 25, ... "Selma" (PG-13) . . . David Oyelowo plays Martin Luther King, Jr. in the true story of the civil rights marches in racist Alabama in the '60s. Oprah is also in it, and Oprah's Harpo Films is one of the production companies behind it. It opens nationwide on Jan. 9. (Trailer)
4. In limited release on Dec. 25, ... "American Sniper" (R) . . . Bradley Cooper plays the most lethal sniper in U.S. history, a Navy SEAL with more than 150 confirmed kills. It's directed by Clint Eastwood and opens nationwide on Jan. 16.(Trailer)
5. On Dec. 25, ... "Big Eyes" (PG-13) . . . Amy Adams plays the wife of one of the most successful painters of the 1950s ... a FRAUD who took credit for paintings she did. Christoph Waltz plays her husband and Tim Burton is the director. (Trailer)
6. On Dec. 25, ... "The Gambler" (R) ... Mark Wahlberg plays a guy with a gambling problem who borrows money from a loan shark and offers his own life as collateral. Brie Larson, John Goodman, and Jessica Lange are also in it. (Trailer)
MOVIE QUICK HITS -- 1 of 5
Sony Has Canceled the Release of "The Interview" ... And North Korea Really IS to Blame
HIGHLIGHTS: Sony has canceled the Dec. 25 release of "The Interview" because of the threat from, well ... NORTH KOREA! Seriously, ... the U.S. has determined North Korea WAS behind the cyberattack on Sony, and federal intelligence officials are calling it, quote, "far more destructive than any seen before on American soil."
FULL STORY: It seemed like a silly hoax that the nation of North Korea was actually behind the Sony pictures cyberattack because they wanted to stop the release of a SETH ROGEN-JAMES FRANCO movie. But it's all TRUE.
U.S. officials have determined that North Korea orchestrated the massive hack and release of sensitive documents. And they're calling the attack, quote, "far more destructive than any seen before on American soil."
It'll be interesting to see how the government responds to this. PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA'S only statement so far is that people should still go to the movies.
But we know how Sony responded. They actually pulled "The Interview" Wednesday. And Sony officials said they currently have no plans to release it in ANY format, including video on demand.
Interestingly, though, literally HOURS after Sony announced it was pulling "The Interview", ads for the movie were still airing on TV. Apparently it was just too late to pull them?
MOVIE QUICK HITS -- 2 of 5
Sony Has Canceled the Release of "The Interview" ... And North Korea Really IS to Blame (continued)
The reaction on Twitter was immediate. ROB LOWE tweeted, quote, "Wow. Everyone caved. The hackers won. An utter and complete victory for them. Wow.
"Saw Seth Rogen at JFK. Both of us have never seen or heard of anything like this." (Rob appears in the movie as himself.)
JIMMY KIMMEL called it, quote, "An un-American act of cowardice that validates terrorist actions and sets a terrifying precedent."
STEVE CARELL tweeted, quote, "Sad day for creative expression."
(Carell is directly affected by this. He was supposed to star in a thriller he wrote about North Korea. But the project has been scrapped.)
PATTON OSWALT said, quote, "All joking aside, we just gave a comfy foothold to censorship and it doesn't get any better from this point on."
And BILL MAHER said, quote, "Is that all it takes, an anonymous threat and the numbers 911, to throw free expression under the bus?"
MOVIE QUICK HITS -- 3 of 5
A Theater in Texas Will Fight the Hackers By Showing "Team America: World Police"
HIGHLIGHTS: The Alamo Drafthouse theater in Dallas-Fort Worth is fighting back against North Korea with one free screening of "Team America: World Police". That's the 2004 PUPPET movie made by the creators of "South Park", which very much ridicules KIM JONG UN's father, KIM JONG IL.
FULL STORY: The Alamo Drafthouse theater in Dallas-Fort Worth has come up with the most AWESOME solution to this business of Sony pulling "The Interview". They're replacing it with one free screening of "Team America: World Police". (!!!)
That's the 2004 PUPPET movie made by the creators of "South Park", which very much ridicules KIM JONG UN's father, KIM JONG IL. At the end of the movie, Kim is revealed to be just a COCKROACH inside a human body.
Theater employees will hand out American flags and other patriotic items. The movie will air Dec. 27 at 7 p.m.
The theater says, quote, "THAT is how true American heroes will be celebrating this year, but if you want to let the terrorists win ... well, that's your prerogative."
MOVIE QUICK HITS -- 4 of 5
America's Favorite Movie Is Still "Gone with the Wind", Apparently
HIGHLIGHTS: According to a recent Harris poll that surveyed more than 2,200 adults, "Gone with the Wind" is still America's favorite movie ... even though it's now 75 YEARS OLD. "Star Wars" is second, followed by "Titanic".
FULL STORY: Despite 75 years of movies and technological advancements, there's never been a movie better than "Gone with the Wind", according to well, YOU, America.
A new Harris Poll that surveyed more than 2,200 adults found that "Gone with the Wind", which came out in 1939, is still America's Favorite Movie. Here's the rest of the Top 10:
1. "Gone with the Wind", 1939
2. "Star Wars", 1977
3. "Titanic", 1997
4. "The Godfather", 1972
5. "Lord of the Rings", 2001
6. "The Sound of Music", 1965
7. "Dirty Dancing", 1987
8. "Wizard of Oz", 1939
Continued . . .
MOVIE QUICK HITS - 5 of 5
America's favorite movie Is Still "Gone with the Wind," Apparently (continued)
9. "It's a Wonderful Life", 1946
10. "E.T.", 1982
It seems like "Star Wars" and "The Lord of the Rings" are supposed to represent their whole trilogies, but that isn't clear. We're also assuming that they DON'T also include the prequel trilogies, which would drag down "Star Wars".
"The Godfather" could also represent all three "Godfather" movies, although it's VERY unlikely that "Dirty Dancing" also includes "Havana Nights".
"Gone with the Wind" and "Star Wars" were also #1 and #2 the last time they did this poll, back in 2008. Back then, "Titanic" wasn't in the top 10 ... and neither was "Dirty Dancing", "It's a Wonderful Life", or "E.T.".
Instead, "Casablanca" was No. 3. "The Princess Bride" also made the 2008 list, along with "Forrest Gump" and "The Notebook". (???)
(And just to reiterate: The participants were asked to name their FAVORITE movie of all time ... not the movie they THOUGHT should be named the best one ever. ... So, presumably, they've actually seen it.)
(Also, this isn't a ringing endorsement of the modern movie industry.)
TV QUICK HITS
Charlie Sheen Is Going to Revisit His "Ferris Bueller" Character on "The Goldbergs"
CHARLIE SHEEN is going to revisit an old role on a TV show, but for better or worse, this has nothing to do with CBS' "Two and a Half Men".
Charlie will appear in an upcoming episode of ABC's "The Goldbergs" ... as the "Boy in the Police Station" he played in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off".
On the episode, Troy Gentile's character Barry fakes being sick in an attempt to create his own epic, Ferris-like day off. It'll air sometime early next year, but there's no specific airdate yet.
Weekend TV Reminders:
• "Thursday Night Football" ... 8:30 to 11:30 p.m. EST on the NFL Network. The Tennessee Titans vs. the Jacksonville Jaguars.
• Thursday: "The People Magazine Awards" ... from 9 to 11 p.m. on NBC. Nick Cannon is your host. The performers are Maroon 5 and 5 Seconds of Summer.
• Friday: The season finale of "Amazing Race 25" ... from 8 to 9 p.m. on CBS.
• Friday: "A Home for the Holidays" ... from 9 to 10 p.m. on CBS. Jennifer Hudson, Ashley Monroe, Train, Earth Wind & Fire, Rixton, and Katharine McPhee perform for the 16th annual adoption special.
• Friday: "Christmas in Washington" ... from 8 to 9 p.m. TNT. The Rock hosts and the performers are Aloe Blacc, Darius Rucker, Christina Perri, Rita Ora, and Hunter Hayes.
• Friday: "Wake Up Call" ... from 9 to 10 p.m. on TNT. Jillian Michaels from "The Biggest Loser" helps The Rock advise a football coach on fixing his weight.
• "Saturday Night Live" ... from 11:30 p.m. to 1 a.m. on NBC. Amy Adams hosts and One Direction performs.
•"Sunday Night Football" ... from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. on NBC. The Arizona Cardinals host the Seattle Seahawks.
• Sunday: The fourth season finale of "Homeland" at 9 p.m. on Showtime.
• Sunday: The first season finale of "The Affair" at 10 p.m. on Showtime.
TODAY ON TV TALK SHOWS
Tonight's Late Night Talk Shows:
• "Jimmy Fallon" -- Amy Adams, Nick Offerman, and Foo Fighters.
• "Seth Meyers" -- Seth Rogen, and Greg Warren.
• "Letterman" -- Rosie O'Donnell, and Jeff Altman.
• "Jimmy Kimmel" -- Christine Baranski, and Jenny Lewis.
• "Carson Daly" -- Jack O'Connell, Coves, and Andrew Orvedahl.
• "Conan" -- Orlando Bloom, John C. McGinley, and Sebastian Maniscalco.
• "Craig Ferguson" -- Jim Parsons is tonight's guest. Craig's last show is TOMORROW. And his final guest will be Jay Leno on Friday's show.
• "Jon Stewart" -- Chris Rock.
• "The Colbert Report" -- The "Grim Reaper" is Stephen's final guest.
MUSIC QUICK HITS -- 1 of 5
Queen's Brian May Says Adam Lambert Reaches Vocal Heights Freddie Mercury Never Could
HIGHLIGHTS: BRIAN MAY says ADAM LAMBERT can sing FREDDIE MERCURY'S difficult vocals ... in their original key .. in his sleep. He adds, quote, "He can sing higher than even Freddie could, in a live situation." Adam has been touring with QUEEN in Freddie's place.
FULL STORY: An astrophysicist claims that ADAM LAMBERT can reach vocal heights that FREDDIE MERCURY never could.
That wouldn't mean much ... except that the astrophysicist is QUEEN guitarist BRIAN MAY. Yes ... Brian May has a PhD in astrophysics.
Adam has been touring with Queen in place of Freddie ... who died when Adam was nine years old.
Brian said, quote, "We didn't look for this guy, but suddenly he's there ... and he can sing all of those lines. They're difficult songs to sing, Queen songs.
"There's too much range, so many people can't sing them in the original key ... even if they are good singers. Adam comes along, and he can do it easy. He can do it in his sleep! He can sing higher than even Freddie could, in a live situation ... .
"Adam also has this presentation thing, he is a showman, and he doesn't have to try. He's a natural. In the same way that Freddie was." (You can find video of the interview, here. Brian starts talking about Adam at the 4:45 mark.)
MUSIC QUICK HITS -- 2 of 5
Joan Jett Is Opening for The Who on Their 50th Anniversary Tour
JOAN JETT & THE BLACKHEARTS just scored a spot in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ... and now, they're opening for THE WHO on the group's 50th anniversary tour next year.
Joan will join The Who when they begin their North American tour dates on April 15. That's just three days before Joan is inducted into the Rock Hall ... but since The Who have a night off on the April 18, Joan might not have to miss any shows.
Speaking of missing shows, The Who were forced to cancel a few dates on their United Kingdom tour this week because ROGER DALTREY is dealing with a throat infection.
Check Out Video of Nick Jonas Performing "Jealous" on the FAO Schwartz Piano
NICK JONAS showed up at FAO Schwarz in New York on Tuesday, and performed his song "Jealous" on the "Big Piano."
He posted the video on Facebook, and said, quote, "(I) had to pay homage to the man Tom Hanks."
Of course, he's referring to the scene in "Big", where Tom and Robert Loggia play play "Chopsticks" on it. (Here's video of that scene.)
MUSIC QUICK HITS -- 3 of 5
J. Cole Has His Third No. 1 Album
J. COLE is three-for-three with albums debuting at No. 1. His "2014 Forest Hills Drive", sold 375,000 copies in its first week of release and topped this week's Billboard 200 chart. He previously hit No. 1 with his first two albums, "Cole World: The Sideline Story" and "Born Sinner".
Two other albums debuted in the Top 10: CARRIE UNDERWOOD scored her fifth consecutive Top 5 album with her first Greatest Hits set at #4. . . and K. MICHELLE earned her second Top 10 album with "Anybody Wanna Buy a Heart?" at #6.
Here are this week's Top 10 albums ...
1. NEW: "2014 Forest Hills Drive", J. Cole ... 375,000 copies
2. "1989", Taylor Swift ... 324,000 copies
3. "That's Christmas to Me", Pentatonix ... 218,000 copies
4. NEW: "Greatest Hits: Decade #1", Carrie Underwood ... 103,000 copies
5. "Rock Or Bust", AC/DC ... 94,000 copies
6. NEW: "Anybody Wanna Buy a Heart?", K. Michelle ... 88,000 copies
7. "Four", One Direction ... 82,000 copies
8. "In the Lonely Hour", Sam Smith ... 81,000 copies
9. "X", Ed Sheeran ... 65,000 copies
10. "Man Against Machine", Garth Brooks ... 62,000 copies
MUSIC QUICK HITS -- 4 of 5
Billboard Charts (continued)
Over on the Hot 100, Taylor Swift's "Blank Space" has become her longest-running #1 hit at five weeks. Her previous best Hot 100 run was with "Shake It Off", which spent four weeks at the top earlier this year.
And there's one new entry on this week's list: Ed Sheeran's "Thinking Out Loud" soared from No. 24 last week to No. 6 this week, thanks in part to his performance on the "Victoria's Secret Fashion Show" earlier this month.
Here are this week's Top 10 songs and the number of weeks they've been on the chart ...
1. "Blank Space", Taylor Swift ... 7 weeks
2. "Take Me to Church", Hozier ... 18 weeks
3. "Uptown Funk!", Mark Ronson featuring Bruno Mars ... 5 weeks
4. "Lips Are Movin", Meghan Trainor ... 8 weeks
5. "I'm Not the Only One", Sam Smith ... 15 weeks
6. "Thinking Out Loud", Ed Sheeran ... 10 weeks
7. "All About That Bass", Meghan Trainor ... 23 weeks
8. "Animals", Maroon 5 ... 17 weeks
9. "Love Me Harder", Ariana Grande and The Weeknd ... 10 weeks
10. "Shake It Off", Taylor Swift ... 17 weeks
MUSIC QUICK HITS -- 5 of 5
Urban Quick Hits: Bobby Shmurda, Waka Flocka Flame, Game, and YG
1. BOBBY SHMURDA was arrested yesterday as part of "a long-term NYPD investigation." Apparently, police believe he was involved in shootings and drug trafficking. He was reportedly booked on "gang conspiracy" charges.
More details will be announced later today. This is Bobby's third run-in with the law in recent months, following charges for possessing a gun and marijuana.
2. In a recent interview, WAKA FLOCKA FLAME said he likes to, quote, "listen to country music and [crap]" when he smokes weed.
3. YG's album "My Krazy Life" made a splash on the Billboard charts, but he wasn't nominated for a Grammy. GAME thinks there's a good reason for that: He's too GANGSTA for the Grammys ...and he's not joking.
He says, quote, "[The Grammys] don't respect our culture or our music. Unless we cross over, we ain't winning (crap). ... We can't even get police convicted of cold-blooded murder, so we definitely ain't winning no [effing] Grammy." (???)
(By the way, YG agrees with Game.)
THURSDAY'S SHOWBIZ EXTRAS -- 1 of 2
1. Surprisingly, reports that MILEY CYRUS and PATRICK SCHWARZENEGGER are married have turned out NOT to be true. (Full Story)
2. Sources say BRUCE JENNER is going to announce his intention to become a woman sometime next month, and wants to document his transformation on a reality show. (Full Story)
3. STEVIE WONDER's girlfriend gave birth to his ninth child. (Full Story)
1. And now, here's Loki himself, TOM HIDDLESTON, singing "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" with a dog named Mono on his lap. (Video)
2. Can you solve the mystery of WEIRD AL YANKOVIC's Mysterious Flying Orb? (Video)
3. JAMIE FOXX has a funny story about doing karaoke with WHITNEY HOUSTON and BOBBY BROWN ... and Bobby forgetting the words to one of his own songs. (Full Story)
THURSDAY'S SHOWBIZ EXTRAS -- 2 of 2
1. NATALIE ANDERSON won the latest season of "Survivor". (Full Story)
2. WILLIE ROBERTSON from "Duck Dynasty" says he's "trying to figure out" if people are born gay, or if it's a choice. (Full Story)
1. The album MADONNA will release next year was leaked online. She called the tracks, quote, "unfinished demos stolen long ago." Then she called the leak, "artistic rape" and "a form of terrorism." But she deleted that post. (Full Story)
2. TAYLOR SWIFT says that after she took a stand against Spotify, she received, quote, "many text messages, emails, and phone calls from other artists, writers, and producers saying thank you." (Full Story)
3. Watch two guys play "Peaches" by the PRESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ... using ACTUAL PEACHES. (Video)
STUPID NEWS HIGHLIGHTS -- 1 of 3
Enjoy our 2014 Year in Review: Celebrity Deaths ... the Top 25 Stupid News Stories ... the Top 25 Stupid Criminals ... the Top 25 Showbiz Stories ... Hook-ups, Break-ups, and Babies ... the 10 Best Viral Videos ... the Best of Yes or B.S.
Plus the Best of Studio Think Tank ... including Bit Ideas, Conversation Starters, Social Media, Caller Bits, the Battle of the Bits and Help Me responses.
And we've written five fresh Conversation Starters to help you close out your year.
Holiday Reminder: No TCS tomorrow. Service resumes on Friday, Jan. 2.
1. Here are a few random facts for you. PETER BILLINGSLEY ... Ralphie from "A Christmas Story" ... was an executive producer on "Iron Man". Only 4 percent of the people taken from Africa to be slaves went to the U.S. ... at least 10 times that went to Brazil. And ALEXANDER HAMILTON misspelled the word "Pennsylvania" on the Constitution ... he forgot one of the n's in "Penn." (Full Story)
2. How do you react to a bad Christmas gift? Forty percent of people in a new survey say ... FAKE IT and pretend you like it. The survey also found the average bad gift costs $68, and 25% of people have bought someone a gift they KNEW the person probably wouldn't like. (Full Story)
3. Here some random Christmas studies. Florida has the brightest Christmas lights you can see from space. It would take 2 percent of the storage in the world for Santa to hold all the toys he's going to deliver. And 57 percent of people will check in with work or do some work over their holiday break. (Full Story)
STUPID NEWS HIGHLIGHTS -- 2 of 3
4. A new survey found 90 percent of people would rather their sick coworkers stay home than tough it out and come in to work ... even though in a lot of cases, that means you'll have to do a little extra work to cover for them. (Full Story)
5. According to a new study, cops, firefighters, and security guards are more likely to be obese than any other profession, followed by social workers, clergy, and counselors, home health aides and massage therapists. Scientists and researchers are the LEAST likely to be overweight. (Full Story)
6. According to the latest forecast from the government, the average person will save $550 on gas next year. You'll spend $1,962, which is down 20% from this year ... and the lowest number since 2004. (Full Story)
7. There was a story last month about a 28-year-old guy in Canada who got dumped by his girlfriend, right after booking an around-the-world trip. So, he was looking for a woman with the same name as his ex to take her ticket. Well, EIGHTEEN women contacted him, and for some reason he picked an attractive 23-year-old with a serious boyfriend to take the trip, starting today. (Full Story)
8. The White House announced major changes to its policies toward Cuba yesterday. It's still technically illegal to visit, but now there are 12 legal reasons you can travel there ... from visiting family to doing business ... and now you can legally bring $100 worth of Cuban cigars back. (Full Story)
STUPID NEWS HIGHLIGHTS -- 3 of 3
9. A guy in a small town in Minnesota called the cops last week to report a crime ... the police blotter says, quote, "he believes someone came into his house and changed the settings on his PlayStation 4." There's no word on how the cops handled it, but we're thinking they did NOT launch a manhunt. (Full Story)
10. A business in San Francisco was robbed earlier this year ... a woman stole at least $30,000 worth of computers and iPads. The police weren't particularly helpful, so the owner took a surveillance video shot of the girl and put it on TINDER ... along with a promise of a $5,000 reward for whoever identified her. Someone did, and the owner has turned over her name to the cops. (Full Story)
11. A 30-year-old guy and 27-year-old guy in Florida tried to steal $370 worth of toys from a Walmart last week, by having one fake a HEART ATTACK while the other took the stuff. But the guy faking the heart attack got up after just 44 seconds and left, which made security suspicious. Both guys were arrested for felony grand theft. (Full Story)
12. A 45-year-old guy in Florida robbed a business earlier this week wearing a gray hoodie that said "Vanity Fair" on it. The cops saw it in the surveillance video ... then saw a guy walking down the street in a "Vanity Fair" hoodie. So, they stopped him, and he admitted to the burglary. (Full Story)
13. Earlier this month, a homeless guy in England tried to give his last $5 to a girl who needed money for a cab. So she started a fundraising page online to get him an apartment, and people have donated more than $45,000 to help him out. He says he'll only take enough to get back on his feet, and wants the rest to go to charity. (Full Story)
STUPID NEWS - 1 of 9
Five Random Facts For Thursday
HIGHLIGHTS: Here are a few random facts for you. PETER BILLINGSLEY ... Ralphie from "A Christmas Story" ... was an executive producer on "Iron Man". Only 4 percent of the people taken from Africa to be slaves went to the U.S. ... at least 10 times that went to Brazil. And ALEXANDER HAMILTON misspelled the word "Pennsylvania" on the Constitution ... he forgot one of the n's in "Penn."
FULL STORY: Here are some random facts for you ...
1. PETER BILLINGSLEY ... a.k.a. Ralphie from "A Christmas Story" ... was an executive producer on "Iron Man".
2. During the slave trade between 1525 and 1866, Brazil received at least 10 times more slaves from Africa than the U.S. In fact, only 4 percent of slaves went to theU.S.
3. Both of "WEIRD AL" YANKOVIC'S parents died on the same day in 2004 from carbon monoxide poisoning.
4. MATT GROENING has only written four episodes of "The Simpsons" ... and in three of those cases, he's a co-writer. The only episode where he's the sole writer credited is from 1992, where Homer manages a country singer.
5. ALEXANDER HAMILTON misspelled the word "Pennsylvania" on the Constitution. He forgot one of the n's in "Penn."
STUPID NEWS - 2 of 9
40% of Us Will Fake Being Happy When We Get Terrible Gifts
HIGHLIGHTS: How do you react to a bad Christmas gift? 40% of people in a new survey say ... FAKE IT and pretend you like it. The survey also found the average bad gift costs $68, and 25 percent of people have bought someone a gift they KNEW the person probably wouldn't like.
FULL STORY: You're probably going to get a few mediocre gifts this Christmas ... the average person gets eight gifts and hates two of them. So how are you going to handle it?
According to a new survey, 40 percent of us say ... FAKE IT and pretend you like them. Here are a few more results from the survey ...
The average bad gift costs $68.
The three gifts men dread are ugly ties, ridiculous Christmas sweaters, and cartoon socks.
The three gifts women dread are diet books, tacky ornaments, and gift certificates for plastic surgery.
Twenty-five percent of people admit they've bought someone a gift that they knew the person probably wouldn't like.
STUPID NEWS - 3 of 9
Three Christmas Studies: Christmas Lights From Space, Working on Vacation, and Santa's Storage Needs
HIGHLIGHTS: Here some random Christmas studies. Florida has the brightest Christmas lights you can see from space. It would take 2 percent of the storage in the world for Santa to hold all the toys he's going to deliver. And 57 percentof people will check in with work or do some work over their holiday break.
FULL STORY: Here are a few results from three random Christmas studies that just came out . . .
1. You can see Christmas lights from space. NASA studied satellite images to see which areas have the brightest lights this time of year, and Florida is No. 1. But a lot of other cities and their suburbs are 50 percent brighter than normal this time of year because of Christmas lights.
2. A company called Squarefoot decided to figure out how much storage space Santa would need to hold all his presents. He'd take up about 2% of the storage in the world ... and it would cost $1.5 billion a year.
3. Even during Christmas vacation, when NO work is going on anywhere, are you STILL not totally checked out? A study just found 57% of full-time employees will check in with work over their holiday break ... and even DO work.
(Here's a map showing the areas in the U.S. that have the brightest Christmas lights compared to their normal light during the year.)
STUPID NEWS -- 4 of 9
90 Percent of Your Coworkers Would Rather You Stay Home Than Come in Sick
HIGHLIGHTS: A new survey found 90 percent of people would rather their sick coworkers stay home than tough it out and come in to work ... even though in a lot of cases, that means you'll have to do a little extra work to cover for them.
FULL STORY: Here's how much your coworkers hate you when you're sick ... they'd rather do extra work than be in the same room with you.
A new survey found 90% of people would prefer their sick coworkers stay home than tough it out and come in to work ... even though in a lot of cases, that means you'll have to do a little extra work to cover for them.
The survey also found the eight most annoying things coworkers do when they come in sick ...
1. Not covering their mouth when they cough.
3. Wiping their nose on their sleeve.
5. Leaving used tissues around.
6. Letting their nose run without using a tissue.
7. Blowing their nose.
8. Complaining about being sick. (FemaleFirst)
STUPID NEWS -- 5 of 9
Cops Are More Likely to Be Obese Than Any Other Profession ... Here Are the Top Five
HIGHLIGHTS: According to a new study, cops, firefighters, and security guards are more likely to be obese than any other profession, followed by social workers, clergy, and counselors, home health aides and massage therapists. Scientists and researchers are the LEAST likely to be overweight.
FULL STORY: With theFerguson riots and the Eric Garner protests inNew York, police have had a pretty rough year. And sorry to any cops out there, but here's one more parting shot.
According to a new survey, the stereotype of the lazy, donut-eating cop is TRUE ... cops are more likely to be OBESE than any other profession. Here are the top five.
1. Police officers, firefighters, and security guards. Forty-one percent are obese.
2. Social workers, clergy, and counselors, 36 percent.
3. Home health aides and massages therapists, 35 percent.
4. Architects and engineers, 34%.
5. Bus drivers, truckers, and garbage collectors, 33 percent. The average for ALL U.S. workers is 28 percent.
Scientists and researchers are the LEAST likely to be obese, followed by artists, actors, athletes, and reporters . . . doctors, EMTs, and nurses . . . cooks, bartenders, and waiters . . . and janitors or maids. (Wall Street Journal)
STUPID NEWS -- 6 of 9
You'll Save $550 on Gas Next Year, and Pay the Least You've Paid in a Decade
HIGHLIGHTS: According to the latest forecast from the government, the average person will save $550 on gas next year. You'll spend $1,962, which is down 20 percent from this year ... and the lowest number since 2004.
FULL STORY: If you're looking for a way to talk yourself into OVERSPENDING on Christmas, here you go. Next year, gas is going to be so cheap, it's like the gas stations will be paying YOU to drive.
According to the latest forecast from the government, the average person will save $550 on gas next year.
You'll spend $1,962, which is down 20 percent from this year ... and the lowest number since 2004.
The average price of a gallon in 2015 should be $2.60. ... This year, it was $3.37.
The three main reasons gas prices are going down are that theU.S.has increased its oil production ... demand is lower in Europe and Asia ... and more people worldwide are driving hybrids and other fuel-efficient cars.
STUPID NEWS -- 7 of 9
Remember the Guy Looking For a Girl With the Same Name As His Ex? He Found a Match
HIGHLIGHTS: There was a story last month about a 28-year-old guy in Canada who got dumped by his girlfriend, right after booking an around-the-world trip. So he was looking for a woman with the same name as his ex to take her ticket. Well, EIGHTEEN women contacted him, and for some reason he picked an attractive 23-year-old with a serious boyfriend to take the trip, starting today.
FULL STORY: There was a story last month about a 28-year-old guy inToronto named Jordan Axani who got DUMPED by his girlfriend ... right after he'd booked them plane tickets for a trip around the world.
Jordandidn't want the tickets to go to waste, so he decided to look for a woman with the SAME NAME as his ex ... Elizabeth Gallagher. She also had to have a Canadian passport, and she didn't even have to hang out with him.
Well ... Jordan got thousands of emails from women, including EIGHTEEN Elizabeth Gallaghers in Canada.
And he just decided to give the tickets to a 23-year-old Elizabeth Gallagher from Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia. Yes, she's attractive. But she also has a serious BOYFRIEND, who was apparently cool with her traveling the world for a month with a random dude?
They'll meet in New York today for the first time, then head to Milan ... Vienna ... Prague ... Paris ... Bangkok ... and Delhi. They get home on J1n. 12. (ABC News)
(Here are photos of Jordan and the Elizabeth he found.)
STUPID NEWS -- 8 of 9
You Can Now Go to Cuba Legally, and Bring Back $100 of Cigars ...As Long As You Have a Good Reason
HIGHLIGHTS: The White House announced major changes to its policies toward Cuba yesterday. It's still technically illegal to visit, but now there are 12 legal reasons you can travel there ... from visiting family to doing business ... and now you can legally bring $100 worth of Cuban cigars back.
FULL STORY: The White House announced major changes to its policy toward Cuba Wednesday. ... It's the biggest move toward easing our sanctions onCuba in 50 years. Here are the five things you need to know . . .
1. It's still technically illegal to visit Cuba just for tourism, but now there are 12 reasons you can legally travel there: Visiting family ... government business ... journalism ... professional research and meetings ... educational activities ...
Religious activities ... humanitarian work ... private foundation work ... import-export work ... art and athletic performances ... clinics and workshops ... and, quote, "support for the Cuban people."
2. If you do go toCuba, you're legally allowed to bring back $400 worth of stuff ... including $100 worth of Cuban cigars or Cuban rum.
3. For the first time, U.S. credit cards will work in Cuba.
4. You can send $2,000 every three months to family members in Cuba. ... That's up from $500.
5. And the U.S.will open an embassy in Cubafor the first time since 1961. (Wall Street Journal)
STUPID NEWS -- 9 of 9
A Guy Calls the Police to Report Someone Broke Into His House and Changed the Settings on His PlayStation
HIGHLIGHTS: A guy in a small town inMinnesota called the cops last week to report a crime ... the police blotter says, quote, "he believes someone came into his house and changed the settings on his PlayStation 4." There's no word on how the cops handled it, but we're thinking they did NOT launch a manhunt.
FULL STORY: This guy was either the victim of the world's worst criminal ... or he's not clear on the difference between a crime and a technical glitch.
We've got a clipping here from the police blotter in the small "Echo Press" newspaper from Alexandria, Minn.
Last week, a guy called the cops to report, quote, "he believes someone came into his house and changed the settings on his PlayStation 4."
There's no word on how the cops handled it ... but we're thinking they didn't launch an all-out manhunt to find who did it.
(Here's a picture of the newspaper clipping.)
STUPID CRIMINALS - 1 of 3
A Guy Uses Tinder to Find the Woman Who Robbed Him
HIGHLIGHTS: A business inSan Francisco was robbed earlier this year . . . a woman stole at least $30,000 worth of computers and iPads. The police weren't particularly helpful, so the owner took a surveillance video shot of the girl and put it on TINDER . . . along with a promise of a $5,000 reward for whoever identified her. Someone did, and the owner has turned over her name to the cops.
FULL STORY: David Petersen ofSan Francisco is the founder of a startup . . . although perhaps that sentence is redundant because who in San Francisco isn't? Anyway, that's not really the point of this story.
Earlier this year, a woman broke into his offices and stole about 15 MacBook Pro computers, seven iPads, and a few other things. All in all, she stole at least $30,000 worth of stuff.
David found the cops weren't particularly helpful ... even though he had a clear surveillance video shot of the woman's face. So ... he decided to handle it himself.
He set up a profile on TINDER for the thief, put up the surveillance camera shot of her, and added text that said, quote, "I rob offices in SF. $5,000 reward for identifying me." He included an email where people could identify her.
He figured that with the amount of people looking at profiles on Tinder, SOMEONE would recognize the thief ... and someone did. They gave David her name and another photo that matched her.
STUPID CRIMINALS -- 2 of 3
Two Thieves Try to Rob a Walmart by Faking a Heart Attack ... But Fail
HIGHLIGHTS: A 30-year-old guy and 27-year-old guy inFlorida tried to steal $370 worth of toys from a Walmart last week, by having one fake a HEART ATTACK while the other took the stuff. But the guy faking the heart attack got up after just 44 seconds and left, which made security suspicious. Both guys were arrested for felony grand theft.
FULL STORY: Thirty-year-old Tarus Scott and 27-year-old Genard Dupree went into a Walmart in Lake Wales, Fla., last week with a master plan of how they'd ROB the place. But when you do something this elaborate, you've got to COMMIT to the bit.
They filled up a cart with about $370 in toys, including a motorized Barbie Power Wheel, a Barbie Glam vacation house and a Leap Frog tablet.
Then, as Tarus wheeled the cart toward the exit, Genard created a diversion by dropping to the ground with a FAKE HEART ATTACK.
Tarus DID get out of the store with the cart ... but Genard bailed on his part of the con too quickly. After just 44 seconds of writhing around on the ground, clutching his chest, he got up and walked out like nothing was wrong.
Then he hopped into Tarus's car and they took off. The security guards were suspicious and got the license plate... plus they reviewed the security footage and gave it to the cops.
Tarus and Genard were both arrested for felony grand theft. They both have prior convictions . ... Tarus just did 10 years for armed robbery, and Genard was on probation for felony theft. (The Smoking Gun) (Here are their mugshots. Tarus has the Coolio hair.)
STUPID CRIMINALS -- 3 of 3
Police Catch a Burglar Thanks to His Unique "Vanity Fair" Sweatshirt
HIGHLIGHTS: A 45-year-old guy in Florida robbed a business earlier this week wearing a gray hoodie that said "Vanity Fair" on it. The cops saw it in the surveillance video ... then saw a guy walking down the street in a "Vanity Fair" hoodie. So they stopped him, and he admitted to the burglary.
FULL STORY: I hate to stereotype, but you don't see dudes in hoodies repping "Vanity Fair" very often.
45-year-old Nathon Addison ofFort Myers,Floridashattered that stereotype ... and it's the reason he's now in jail.
Nathon broke into a business early Tuesday by cutting through the roof, grabbed some money out of the register, and took off.
The cops checked the surveillance video and one main thing stood out: The burglar was wearing a gray hoodie that said "Vanity Fair" on it.
A few hours later, they were driving around and saw a guy in the same "Vanity Fair" sweatshirt ... and we're thinking they figured it couldn't be THAT common. They were right ... it was Nathon, and he wound up admitting he broke into the business.
He was charged with burglary and petit theft. (ABC 7 - Fort Myers)
(Here's his mugshot and a surveillance shot of the hoodie.)
BIRTHDAYS -- 1 of 2
Ashley Benson is 25. Hanna Marin on "Pretty Little Liars".
Josh Dallas is 33. Prince Charming on "Once Upon a Time". He likes the role so much, he actually married the chick who plays Snow White, actress Ginnifer Goodwin.
Christina Aguilera is 34. The most annoying of the female judges on "The Voice".
Katie Holmes is 36. The former Mrs. Tom Cruise. See her TOPLESS in "The Gift", in which she plays a very sexy, very promiscuous ... and very DEAD woman.
Bridgit Mendler is 22. The star of Disney Channel's "Good Luck Charlie". She's joining the cast of NBC's "Undateable" for its second season.
Trish Stratus is 39. Former WWE minx. Now she has her own yoga program.
DJ Lethal from Limp Bizkit is 42.
DMX is 44. The length of his rap sheet is one of the reasons why the rain forest is running out of trees, but at least you can't fault his ability to perform "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer".
Rachel Griffiths is 46. She was Brenda on "Six Feet Under" and Calista Flockhart's older sister on "Brothers & Sisters".
"Stone Cold" Steve Austin is 50. He now hosts a silly cable reality show called "Redneck Island".
BRAD PITT is 51. He's had sex with two of the most beautiful women in the world ... and he doesn't even bathe every day. How does that make YOU feel?
BIRTHDAYS -- 2 of 2
Ray Liotta is 60. "Goodfellas", "Field of Dreams" and "Hannibal" superstar. He was TIGHT as the psycho cop in "Unlawful Entry". DON'T YOU RESIST ME!
Steven Spielberg is 68. Took responsibility for putting Harrison Ford in the fridge in "Indiana Jones 4". Forgivable? Discuss.
Related Comedy: Steven Spielberg turns 68 today. Spielberg celebrated with a small party. Which immediately won the Oscar for Best Small Party.
KEITH RICHARDS is 71. The Rolling Stones' corpse.
Related Comedy No. 1: Keith Richards is 71 today.But he still has the body of a 168-year-old.
Related Comedy No. 2: Keith Richards turns 71 today. But, uh, yeah, kids: drugs, booze and groupie sex are killers.
Ossie Davis (1917 - 2005) He gave the eulogy at the funerals of both Martin Luther King, Jr., AND Malcolm X, and it's his voice on the American Negro College Fund commercials saying, "A mind is a terrible thing to waste."
AND he played John F. Kennedy to Bruce Campbell's Elvis in the lovingly-crafted cinematic masterpiece, "Bubba Ho-Tep"!
Ty Cobb (1886 - 1961) The greatest baseball player of all time AND baseball's first millionaire. He built his fortune investing in Coca-Cola and General Motors.
Countdown to Upcoming Events
|• 7 shopping days to Christmas|
• 14 days to the New Year
• 32 days to Martin Luther King Day • 57 days to "Fifty Shades of Grey"
• 58 days to Valentine's Day
• 764 days left of "Hope and Change"
DECEMBER 18th - BACK IN THE DAY
295 years ago ... In 1719, Thomas Fleet published the first book of stories that his mother-in-law used to tell her grandchildren. Her name was ELIZABETH FOSTER GOOSE, so he called the story collection "Mother Goose's Melodies For Children".
57 years ago ... In 1957, "The Bridge on the River Kwai" was first released in the U.S. It won the Best Picture Oscar, and ALEC GUINNESS took Best Actor.
53 years ago ... . In 1961, "The Lion Sleeps Tonight", by THE TOKENS, hit No. 1 on the pop singles chart.
48 years ago ... In 1966, Dr. Seuss's "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" aired for the first time on CBS.
44 years ago ... In 1970, DIVORCE BECAME LEGAL IN ITALY.
39 years ago ... In 1975, ROD STEWART blew it when he quit FACES to pursue a solo career. (The Faces also include Rolling Stones guitarist Ron Wood.)
38 years ago ... n 1976, "Wonder Woman", starring the incredibly beautiful AND incredibly-chested LYNDA CARTER, debuted on ABC.
32 years ago ... In 1982, HALL & OATES hit the #1 spot on the singles charts for the FIFTH TIME with their biggest smash ever . . . "Maneater"!!!
30 years ago . . . In 1984, comedy genius CHRISTOPHER GUEST (the Six-Fingered Man in "The Princess Bride", and NIGEL TUFNEL in "SPINAL TAP"!!!) married JAMIE LEE CURTIS & HER INCREDIBLE RACK at ROB REINER'S house inL.A.
17 years ago . . . In 1997, CHRIS FARLEY was found dead in his Chicago apartment. He died from an overdose of cocaine. He was only 33 . . . the same age John Belushi was when drugs took HIS life in 1982. DON'T TAKE DRUGS!!!
Five years ago . . . In 2009, JON and KATE GOSSELIN divorced.
FRIDAY BIRTHDAYS - 1 of 3
Paulina Gretzky is 26. Wayne Gretzky's hot daughter.
Jake Gyllenhaal is 34. He took it NICE AND DEEP in "Brokeback Mountain". It was a good love. It was a strong love. But they let it slip away. (???)
Used to give it to Kirsten Dunst. Traded WAY up to Reese Witherspoon. Then did a year with Taylor Swift. And you scoffed at him when he played "The Bubble Boy".
Marla Sokoloff is 34. Lucy Hatcher on "The Practice", and Wilma in "Dude, Where's My Car?". She also used to be naughty Gia on "Full House".
TYSON BECKFORD is 44. Coco dreamboat [slash] male Nubian supermodel.
Kristy Swanson is 45. Christie Boner in "Dude, Where's My Car?", and the ORIGINAL star of "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" . . . the movie, not the TV series. She had a baby with her "Skating with Celebrities" partner, Lloyd Eisler.
FRIDAY BIRTHDAYS - 2 of 3
Criss Angel is 47. "Mindfreak" superstar.
Robert MacNaughton is 48. Elliot's older brother, "PENIS BREATH," in "E.T."!!! These days he's a POSTAL WORKER. (True.)
Jennifer Beals is 51. Taboo interracial minx, and steelworker-by-day-dancer-by-night in "Flashdance". She was also an extra-delicious lesbian on "The L Word".
Mike Lookinland is 54. Bobby Brady on "The Brady Bunch".
Kevin McHale is 57. Boston Celtics great from the '80s, who also helped the "Cheers" gang beatGary's Old Town Tavern.
Tim Reid is 70. Venus Flytrap on "WKRP in Cincinnati".
Maurice White is 73. Founder of Earth, Wind and Fire.
Cicely Tyson is 81. Amazing actress. She starred as former slave Miss Jane Pittman in "The Autobiography Of Miss Jane Pittman" . . . as Binta, Kunta Kinte's mother, in "Roots" . . . and as Harriet Tubman in "A Woman Called Moses".
Little Jimmy Dickens is 94. 4-foot-11 Country Music Hall-of-Famer.
FRIDAY BIRTHDAYS - 3 of 3
Alvin Lee would have been 70. (1944 - 2013) Leader of Ten Years After: "I'd Love To Change The World".
ROBERT URICH (1946 - 2002) Superstar of "Vega$", "Spenser For Hire", "Love Boat: The Next Wave", "The Ice Pirates" AND RINGMASTER of "Circus Of The Stars #15".
Zal Yanovsky (1944 - 2002) The Lovin' Spoonful: "Summer In The City", "Do You Believe In Magic?", "Did You Ever Have To Make Up Your Mind" and "Daydream".
The Reverend Reggie White (1961 - 2004) Legendary NFL racist.
Captain Phil Harris (1956 - 2010) Captain of the Cornelia Marie on "Deadliest Catch". He had a stroke while offloading crab.
JoJo is 24. Singer of the obnoxiously catchy song, "Leave (Get Out)" . . . and star of "Aquamarine". She was offered Miley Cyrus' role on "Hannah Montana" . . . but foolishly TURNED IT DOWN. And now I really wish she hadn't. EFF Miley Cyrus.
Jonah Hill is 31. Chubby comedic actor who played Seth in "Superbad", Jonah in "Knocked Up", Schmidt in the "21 Jump Street" movies, and Donnie in "The Wolf of Wall Street". He got an Oscar nomination for "Moneyball", but he didn't win.
David Cook is 32. Forgotten "American Idol" winner from the seventh season.
Black Crowes singer Chris Robinson is 48.
Iqbal Theba is 51. Principal Figgins on "Glee".
Anita Ward is 58. Disco Diva. "RING MY BELL".
Michael Badalucco is 60. Chubby Jimmy "The Grunt" Berluti on "The Practice". He was also Babyface Nelson in "O Brother Where Art Thou?".
Jenny Agutter is 62. Sexy minx in "Logan's Run" . . . that sci-fi flick where they kill people once they hit the age of 30. Sorry, Jenny. There is no Sanctuary. (???)
Alan Parsons is 66. Alan Parsons Project SUPERSTAR!!! Remember "Eye In The Sky"? I DO! Before starting his own "project", Alan was an assistant engineer on such classic albums as "Abbey Road" and "Dark Side of the Moon".
Uri Geller is 68. Israeli psychic who uses mental powers to bend spoons and stop watches. He had that show with Criss Angel, "Phenomenon".
PETER CRISS! is 69. The Cat Man! The drummer in KISS . . . who was fired THREE TIMES. Real name: George Peter Criscuola.
John Spencer (1946 - 2005) Leo McGarry [Chief of Staff] on "The West Wing".
SUNDAY BIRTHDAYS - 1 of 2
Jackson Rathbone is 30. Jasper Hale from the "Twilight" movies.
Julie Delpy is 45. Beautiful, yet filthy, French actress.
Khrystyne Haje is 46. Redheaded minx from "Head Of The Class" . . . AND "Circus Of The Stars #13".
Kiefer Sutherland is 48.
(Let's have another look at Kiefer tackling a Christmas tree, shall we?)
Andy Dick is 49. Bisexual. Nails ANYTHING. May have killed Phil Hartman by turning his murderous wife back onto cocaine. JON LOVITZ believes it . . . and he has already beaten Andy down once over it.
Gabrielle Glaser is 48. Luscious Jackson guitarist. Remember "Naked Eye"?
RAY ROMANO is 57. "Everybody Loves Raymond".
SUNDAY BIRTHDAYS - 2 of 2
Jane Kaczmarek is 59. Malcolm's oddly sexy mom on "Malcolm In The Middle". She was married to Bradley Whitford, the guy who played Josh Lyman on "West Wing", but they got divorced in 2009. Meaning she's available for YOU.
Chris Evert is 60. The ORIGINAL tennis minx!
Samuel L. Jackson is 66. Bad-ass Negro. "Snakes On a Plane" is an unsung classic. Trust me . . . time is gonna tell on that one.
Jane Fonda is 77. Ted Turner used to nail her good.
PHIL DONAHUE is 79. Silver fox. Nails Marlo Thomas.
PAUL WINCHELL (1922 - 2005) The voice of Tigger on "Winnie The Pooh", evil Gargamel on "The Smurfs" AND the jive-talking BUBI BEAR on "HELP, IT'S THE HAIR BEAR BUNCH".
Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993) He was only 52.
Carl Wilson (1946 - 1998) He was only 51. Beach Boys guitarist.
Florence Griffith-Joyner (1959 - 1998) Olympic runner who died in her sleep from an epileptic seizure. She was only 38.
CHRISTMAS-RELATED BIRTHDAYS - 1 of 2
(Christmas Eve - December 24th)
One Direction stud Louis Tomlinson is 23.
Michael Raymond-James is 38. He was Neal / Baelfire on "Once Upon a Time".
Ryan Seacrest is 40.
Stephenie Meyer is 41. Author of the "Twilight" novels.
RICKY MARTIN is 43 and EN FUEGO.
Diedrich Bader is 48. Oswald Lee Harvey on "The Drew Carey Show".
Mark Valley is 50. Brad Chase on "Boston Legal" . . . Oliver on "Harry's Law" . . . and Daniel Shaw, the private investigator working with Elizabeth Shue on "CSI".
Mary Ramsey is 51. 10,000 Maniacs.
Ian Burden is 57. The Human League.
Clarence Gilyard is 59. Conrad on "Matlock" AND Jimmy on "Walker, Texas Ranger".
LEMMY is 69. Singer-bassist in Motorhead!!! He IS rock and roll.
(And Christmas just wouldn't be the same unless we also paid tribute to Kiefer Sutherland, who turned 47 on December 21st and will forever be remembered for that AWESOME video of him tackling a Christmas tree.)
CHRISTMAS-RELATED BIRTHDAYS - 2 of 2
(Thursday - December 25th)
JESUS OF NAZARETH - Immortal. Religious leader/philosopher/SON OF GOD!!!
Alecia Elliott is 32. Sexy country minx who got her first break at the tender young age of nine after Lorrie "Whorrie" Morgan heard a tape and asked to sing a duet together.
Noel Hogan is 43. Guitarist / founder of The Cranberries, with bassist brother Mike.
Dido is 43. "Here with Me", the theme from "Roswell"; and "Stan" with Eminem.
Annie Lennox is 60. Androgynous Eurythmics minx.
Robin Campbell is 60. UB40 guitarist.
Steve Wariner is 60. Country sanger . . . "Lonely Women Make Good Lovers".
Karl Rove is 64. Former presidential advisor . . . currently on Fox News.
Sissy Spacek is 65. "Coal Miner's Daughter", "Carrie"; has fire-down-below.
Barbara Mandrell is 66. Old school country minx.
Jimmy Buffett is 68. "Margaritaville".
Larry Csonka is 68. Miami Dolphins Football Hall-of-Famer.
Gary Sandy is 69. Andy Travis on "WKRP in Cincinnati".
Rick Berman is 69. Executive Producer and keeper of the "Star Trek" legacy.
Rod Serling (1924 - 1975) "The Twilight Zone".
Humphrey Bogart (1899 - 1957)