Your daily dose of Whatever!!
The Michael Jackson Hologram Performed at the "Billboard Music Awards" Last Night
The MICHAEL JACKSON hologram performed last night at the "Billboard Music Awards". Meanwhile, KENDALL JENNER totally botched an intro for the band 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER, and JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE was the big winner, taking home seven trophies.
Check out video here. Skip to 1:30 to avoid a cheesy intro where Ludacris, Kesha and Brad Paisley hype their upcoming singing competition show.)
The other "highlight" of the show was KENDALL JENNER introducing the band 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER . . . and totally BOTCHING IT.
Like the total NON-PRO she is, instead of soldiering past her screw-up, she basically stopped everything to inform America, quote, "Guys, I'm the worst reader."
She later Tweeted, quote, "Anndddd as if I wasn't nervous already!!! #NeverLeavinMyContactsAtHomeAgain! #LOL #LessonLearned."
It was really embarrassing, and really drove home the point that people in the legit, non-reality showbiz industry have to stop hiring these Kardashian / Jenner girls, because they HAVE NO TALENT. (Check it out here.)
Meanwhile, MILEY CYRUS performed "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" with the FLAMING LIPS . . . but it was via satellite, since she's on tour. KATY PERRY did the same for her song "Birthday".
ROBIN THICKE made TWO plays for his estranged wife PAULA PATTON. While accepting the award for Top R&B Song, he said, quote, "I'd like to thank my wife for her love and support and for putting up with me for all these years."
As for the actual awards, JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE was the big winner, with SEVEN trophies. He wasn't there because he's on tour, but he accepted some awards via satellite.
And in one of his speeches he had a CLASSIC line . . . quote, "It's not a competition, but if it was, I won. And I'm okay with that." He also thanked everyone in the world EXCEPT DONALD STERLING.
Imagine Dragons won five awards, followed by Pharrell, Robin Thicke and T.I., who took home four each.
North West May Have Been Conceived in Florence, Italy . . . But We Still Don't Know Where Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are Getting Married
: KANYE WEST calls Florence, Italy one of the most beautiful cities in the world, and says his daughter North may have been conceived there. A city official now claims that Kanye and KIM KARDASHIAN are getting married there this weekend. But several news outlets continue to claim the ceremony will be in Paris.
48-Year-Old Robin Wright Isn't Getting a Face Lift
48-year-old ROBIN WRIGHT wants to age naturally. But just a few years ago, when the show "House of Cards" was pitched to her, she struggled with whether or not to get some work done.
She says, quote, "I was sitting there going, 'You're 45, and you're not gonna get a face-lift.' And I was really considering that stuff, because in Hollywood the pressure's there.
"You better lift that face and pump those lips and hike those boobs! And I was like, 'I don't want to do that. I'm going to get older. I'm going to have wrinkles!'"
Cameron Diaz . . . Is Benji Madden Hittin' That?
CAMERON DIAZ might be sharing her not-necessarily-shaved fun stuff with GOOD CHARLOTTE guitarist BENJI MADDEN. A source says, quote, "They've spent a lot of time at Cameron's house. He is the nicest guy and treats her like a lady."
Yes, this seems like a completely random pairing. But the word is that Cameron is good friends with NICOLE RICHIE, who's married to Benji's twin brother and band mate JOEL. Cameron is 41 . . . Benji is 35. (Here's a picture of Cameron and Benji after a workout.)
A Guy Climbed Under America Ferrera's Dress at Cannes
On a red carpet at the Cannes Film Festival, a man dove underneath AMERICA FERRERA'S dress. It turned out to be Vitalii Sediuk, the Ukrainian journalist who's getting notorious for similar red carpet pranks. He's the guy who tried to kiss WILL SMITH on the lips, and got man-slapped for his efforts.
Sexy Pictures of Famous People
1. ZOOEY DESCHANEL'S no-makeup selfies are more adorable than most people's full-makeup selfies.
2. Even RIHANNA'S hard nipples didn't help the Clippers advance in the playoffs.
3. ADRIANNE CURRY posted a picture of herself wearing her grandmother's necklace. But your reaction to the picture will be, "What necklace?"
4. MIKE TYSON and TOM BRADY ended up in a photo together at Preakness.
5. KELLY ROWLAND showed off some serious breast meat, not to mention her wedding ring, at the "Billboard Music Awards".
6. She may be getting older, but there are worse things to look at than MADONNA'S cleavage.
Is Justin Bieber Cleaning Up His Act?
Could JUSTIN BIEBER be cleaning up his act? A so-called "source" says he has given up the SIZZURP. Apparently, he's become obsessed with working out, which is hard to do when you're high on cough syrup.
He's also been spending a lot more time with his mom and his manager Scooter Braun, as opposed to his usual crew of hangers-on.
Check Out the Crazy "Tour Trailer" Beyoncé and Jay Z Made
JAY Z and BEYONCÉ put out a fake movie trailer called "Run" . . . which we assume they did to promote their joint tour.
The "movie" appears to be your standard action / crime flick, but the video includes some impressive cameos, including Sean Penn, Don Cheadle, Emmy Rossum, Jake Gyllenhaal, Rashida Jones and her sister Kidada.
(Check it out here. WARNING!!! It contains tons of profanity.)
"Godzilla" Had a Huge Opening Weekend
"Godzilla" had the second best opening weekend of the year, with $93.2 million in just three days. That's the biggest opening weekend EVER for a monster movie. Analysts had only expected it to pull in around $70 million.
"Godzilla" even did better than the $91.6 that "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" made on its opening weekend. The one movie to beat them both is "Captain America", with $95 million. And of course, a "Godzilla" sequel is already in the works.
Here are this week's Top 10 movies:
1. (NEW) "Godzilla", $93.2 million.
2. "Neighbors", $26 million. Up to $91.5 million in its 2nd week.
3. "The Amazing Spider-Man 2", $16.8 million. Up to $172 million in its 3rd week.
4. (NEW) "Million Dollar Arm", $10.5 million.
5. "The Other Woman", $6.3 million. Up to $71.7 million in its 4th week.
6. "Heaven is for Real", $4.4 million. Up to $82.2 million in its 5th week.
7. "Rio 2", $3.8 million. Up to $118 million in its 6th week.
8. "Captain America: The Winter Soldier", $3.76 million. Up to $251 million in its 7th week.
9. "Legends of Oz: Dorothy's Return", $2 million. Up to $6.6 million in its 2nd week.
10. "Moms' Night Out", $1.9 million. Up to $7.3 million in its 2nd week.
Barbara Walters' "View" Farewell Included Oprah, Hillary Clinton and Every Major Female Working in News Today
Friday was BARBARA WALTERS' last day on "The View", and OPRAH WINFREY made an appearance, along with HILLARY CLINTON and a PARADE of female TV news anchors and hosts.
She went on, quote, "Starting soon, I may be available for supermarket openings and charity auctions. For a $10 bid, you can have lunch with me . . . for a $20 bid, you don't have to." (Here's video.)
Monday TV Reminders:
• "The Voice" . . . 8:00 to 10:00 P.M. on NBC. The final three are Christina Grimmie, soul singer Josh Kaufman, and country singer Jake Worthington.
• "Dancing with the Stars" . . . 8:00 to 9:30 P.M. on ABC. The final four are Paralympic snowboarder Amy Purdy, "Full House" minx Candace Cameron Bure, figure skater Meryl Davis, and "Big Time Rush" stud James Maslow.
• The 10th season premiere of "The Bachelorette" . . . 9:30 to 11:00 P.M. on ABC. Andi Dorfman is the bachelorette. The first episode is dedicated to Eric Hill, the guy who died in a paragliding accident after he was eliminated from the show.
• The ninth season finale of "Bones" . . . 8:00 to 9:00 P.M. on Fox.
• The fourth season finale of "Mike & Molly" . . . 9:00 to 9:30 P.M. on CBS.
• The series finale of "Warehouse 13" . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on Syfy.
• The premiere of "The Maya Rudolph Show" . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on NBC. Andy Samberg, Kristen Bell, Fred Armisen, Sean Hayes, and Janelle Monae guest star for the Maya's new variety show.
Tonight's Late Night Talk Shows:
• "The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon" - Liam Neeson, Terry Crews, and Conor Oberst.
• "Late Night with Seth Meyers" - Patrick Stewart, Adam Duritz, and Counting Crows.
• "Letterman" - Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks, and animal expert Jack Hanna.
• "Jimmy Kimmel" - George Stephanopoulos, Andi Dorfman, and Charles Bradley.
• "Carson Daly" - Band of Skulls, and Burning of Rome.
• "Arsenio" - Betty White, plus WAR featuring Cheech & Chong.
• "Conan" - Eric Stonestreet, Rick Reilly, and the Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger.
• "Craig Ferguson" - Regis Philbin, and Jamestown Revival.
• "Chelsea Lately" - Evan Peters.
• "Jon Stewart" - James McAvoy.
• "The Colbert Report" - Elizabeth Warren.
Five Random Facts For Monday
1. Only 17 state capitals are the largest cities in their states.
2. The U.S. is only sixth in the world for ketchup consumption. Canada puts down the most . . . an average of almost seven pounds per person per year. Then comes Finland, Sweden, the U.K., and Norway. We average about 4.9 pounds per person.
3. It's impossible to poison an opossum. They produce a protein that basically neutralizes ANY poison that enters their body. And scientists are trying to use it to build a universal poison antidote for people.
4. In the novel "Forrest Gump", Forrest is 6-foot-6, 242 pounds. The author, Winston Groom, says he pictured JOHN GOODMAN playing him in a movie.
5. If an obese married person has gastric bypass and loses a significant amount of weight, there's an 80% to 85% chance they'll get a divorce within two years.
57% of People Sometimes Fantasize About Someone Else During Sex
You're not going to like these odds. A new survey found 57% of people admit they sometimes think about someone else during sex. And WOMEN are more likely to do it than men.
A Woman in Oregon Wants to Take Action Against McDonald's . . . For Playing Color Me Badd
A mother in Oregon is OUTRAGED at a local McDonald's, because when she was there with her kids last week they started playing "I Wanna Sex You Up" by COLOR ME BADD. She called the local news to have them investigate, and the owner says he's looking into how that song made the playlist.
A Guy Is Written Up at Work For Loudly Singing a Parody of Montell Jordan's "This Is How We Do It"
There's a photo circulating around online right now that shows a guy's disciplinary write-up at work . . . for one of the funniest reasons possible.
It's not clear what the guy does, but it's something in manufacturing. And he was written up on Friday for being disruptive . . . by singing a parody of MONTELL JORDAN'S "This Is How We Do It".
The guy was at the GLUING station and the report says other coworkers complained he was singing, "This is how we glue it." The suggestion for how to improve is, quote, "Be quieter." (Jezebel) (You can see the report here.)
A Man Is Suing New York For $2 Trillion Trillion Trillion . . . Because a Dog Bit Him and the Airport Charges Too Much For Coffee
This is a COMPLETELY frivolous lawsuit, but it's still so incredibly ridiculous that we have to give it a quick shout-out. Some guy named Anton Purisima in Manhattan is suing New York City for $2 trillion trillion trillion.
That's a two followed by 36 zeroes . . . and we're pretty sure that's more than all of the money in the entire world combined.
Why is Anton suing for so much? Three reasons. One, he says he was bitten by a rabid dog on a city bus . . . two, quote, "a Chinese couple" took photos of him without asking . . . and three, LaGuardia Airport overcharges for coffee. (Time)
You Decide Whether or Not You're Going to Buy Something Within 12 Seconds of Seeing It
A new study found you decide whether or not you're going to buy something within 12 SECONDS of seeing it. So as much as you keep shopping around or debating whether you really want it or not . . . deep down, your mind's already made up.
More Bikes With Cable Locks Are Stolen Than Bikes With No Lock at All?
According to a new study on bike thefts in Chicago last year, 27% of the bikes stolen weren't locked . . . while 33% of the bikes stolen were locked with cable locks. So, MORE bikes with locks were stolen than bikes with NO LOCK AT ALL.
Jordan Pruitt is 23. Disney-manufactured pop star who tried to revive her career on "The Voice". She was quickly eliminated after a brief stint on Team Christina. Before that she used to be the opening act for the Jonas Brothers and Demi Lovato.
Lily Cole is 26. She's the minx that Heath Ledger is trying to save in his final film, "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus".
Shooter Jennings is 35. Waylon Jennings' son. He got Stephen King to play a DJ raging against government censorship on his concept album "Black Ribbons".
Kevin Garnett is 38. Brooklyn Nets stud. The tank is runnin' kind of low on gas, but he can still scream at people.
Dario Franchitti is 41. Race car driver who somehow landed Ashley Judd.
Jenny Berggren is 42. LEAD singer of Ace of Base! She saw the sign!
Bill Laimbeer is 57. Ex NBA thug. He was the big white guy on the Detroit Pistons' championship teams 20 years ago who was known as the dirtiest player in the game. Now he's the general manager and head coach of the WMBA's New York Liberty.
Phil Rudd is 60. AC/DC drummer from 1975 until 1983, then from 1994 to today. That 11-year layoff happened when the other members of AC/DC FIRED him for getting high, then starting a fistfight with the band's founder, Malcolm Young.
Archie Manning is 65. Former NFL quarterback, and father of Peyton and Eli Manning. He also has a son named Cooper . . . aka the one who DIDN'T inherit Archie's quarterbacking genes.
Dusty Hill is 65. He's one of the guys with the long beards in ZZ Top. Ironically, the only member WITHOUT a beard is . . . FRANK BEARD.
GRACE JONES is 66. Oddly arousing jet-black Nubian tigress.
Pete Townshend is 69. Guitarist and main songwriter from The Who. He once got busted for buying child pornography online . . . but he said it was for research for an essay he was writing . . . and after an investigation, the cops agreed.
Peter Mayhew is 70. CHEWBACCA!
Malcolm X (1925 - 1965) Had a honky grandfather. True.
Nicole Brown Simpson should've been 54. (1959 - 1994)
Joey Ramone (1951 - 2001) He left us with some of the greatest rock music ever recorded . . . including his solo remake of "What A Wonderful World" . . . which should be considered a MODERN CLASSIC.
Andre The Giant (1946 - 1993) WWF legend. Apparently he once drank 119 12-ounce beers in six hours . . . that's damn near 20 beers an hour.
Nora Ephron (1941 - 2012) "Sleepless in Seattle" / "You've Got Mail" writer/director.
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 4 days to Days of Future Past
• 4 days to Memorial Day Weekend
• 16 days to the CMT Music Awards
• 27 days to Father's Day
• 46 days to Independence Day
• 977 days left of "Hope and Change"
478 years ago . . . In 1536, KING HENRY THE EIGHTH had his second wife, ANNE BOLEYN, BEHEADED . . . after she was convicted of adultery and incest with her brother. He married JANE SEYMOUR the very next day.
Not the same Jane Seymour who would go on to be Dr. Quinn, medicine woman. She's getting up there in years, but she's not a member of the undead.
166 years ago . . . In 1848, Mexico ratified the TREATY OF GUADALUPE HIDALGO to end the Mexican-American War. The treaty gave the U.S. Texas, California, Nevada, Utah . . . the U.S. gave Mexico $15 MILLION.
130 years ago . . . In 1884, THE RINGLING BROTHERS CIRCUS debuted in Baraboo, Wisconsin, with the name "Yankee Robinson and Ringling Brothers."
That would be the ONLY time the Ringling Brothers would ever agree to second-billing . . . when they merged with the Barnum & Bailey Circus in 1919, they made sure to keep their names FIRST.
129 years ago . . . In 1885, Jan Matzeliger, an inventor in Lynn, Massachusetts, started using an invention to MASS PRODUCE SHOES. Before Jan, people would make shoes by hand . . . his machine could produce shoes 1,400% faster.
88 years ago . . . In 1926, THOMAS EDISON spoke on the radio for the first time. He was handed a microphone during a dinner of the National Electric Light Association in Atlantic City.
He said, "I don't know what to say, this is the first time I ever spoke into one of these things. Good night."
52 years ago . . . In 1962, during a birthday tribute to PRESIDENT JOHN F. KENNEDY at Madison Square Garden in New York, MARILYN MONROE sang her very famous rendition of "Happy Birthday, Mister President."
(We've all seen the first part of the clip. But stick around for her rendition of "Thanks for the Memories" . . . in which she practically CUPS HER BREAST. Watch her hand as it slides up her body starting at the 2:28 mark, here.)
44 years ago . . . In 1970, AL "HUNG" GORE married the extremely erotic Tipper Aitcheson. Ultimately, Al's length and girth were just too much for Tipper to handle. They separated last summer.
41 years ago . . . In 1973, SECRETARIAT easily won the PREAKNESS STAKES, the second leg of the Triple Crown. He'd wrap it up with a win a month later at the Belmont Stakes.
35 years ago . . . In 1979, "In The Navy", the VILLAGE PEOPLE'S tribute to all the incredible gay shenanigans that await a young seaman, PEAKED AT NUMBER THREE on the Billboard charts!
22 years ago . . . In 1992, 17-year-old AMY FISHER knocked on the door of Mary Jo Buttafuoco's house in Massapequa, New York . . . and when Mary Jo opened it, Amy SHOT her. As we all know, Amy was having an affair with Mary Jo's husband, Joey.
Amy was charged with first-degree attempted murder, but ended up pleading down to assault in the first degree. She was sentenced to five to 15 years in prison, and ended up doing seven. Now she's doing PORNO.
22 years ago . . . In 1992, DAN QUAYLE spoke out against the growing number of unwed mothers in our country. He said that the TV character MURPHY BROWN was a bad role model.
20 years ago . . . In 1994, JACQUELINE KENNEDY ONASSIS died of "non-Hodgkin's lymphoma" cancer at the age of 64.
20 years ago . . . In 1994, after eight incredible years, the final episode of "L.A. Law" aired on NBC.
19 years ago . . . In 1995, it's almost a REAL LIFE DOOGIE HOWSER. 17-year-old Balamurali Ambati graduated from Mount Sinai School of Medicine, becoming the WORLD'S YOUNGEST DOCTOR.
He had already gotten his undergrad degree from New York University . . . when he was 13. Today, he's 33 years old, and is a professor and corneal researcher at the University of Utah.
17 years ago . . . In 1997, sports broadcasting legend MARV ALBERT was accused of biting a woman on the back 15 times in a hotel room in Arlington, Virginia, AND forcing her to "perform" on him.
Marv Albert pleaded guilty to assault and battery, and in return, prosecutors dropped the charge of forcible sodomy. (YES!)
Nine years ago . . . In 2005, the third of the "Star Wars" prequels, "Star Wars: Revenge Of The Sith", hit theaters. It wasn't very good, but was the best of the prequels . . . which is kind of like being the best tasting sandwich at Arby's.