Your daily dose of Whatever!!
Casey Kasem Has Passed Away
Radio legend CASEY KASEM passed away early yesterday morning at the age of 82. He died from "sepsis," which was brought on by an ulcerated bedsore. Casey was suffering from Lewy body dementia . . . a degenerative disease similar to Parkinson's, and the second-most common type of progressive dementia, after Alzheimer's.
A "Bachelor" Winner Says Yes, People Do Have Sex on the Show
Ever wondered if people are having sex on "The Bachelor"? Courtney Robertson, who won season 16 with Ben Flajnik as the bachelor, says yes. She has a new book coming out and she says the first time she was alone with Ben during filming they had sex. And since the producers didn't leave any condoms around, it was unprotected.
Sexy Pictures of Famous People
1. MILEY CYRUS celebrated Father's Day weekend by posting a "pre-shower selfie," where she has "Alfalfa" hair. Oh, and she's TOPLESS . . . with her boobs strategically covered.
2. JUSTIN BIEBER will NOT be hit with a felony for trying to steal a woman's phone at a miniature golf course last month . . . and he's closing in on a sweet plea deal to get off the hook in his Miami DUI case.
But his crazy Beliebers don't care about any of that, because he just posted a shirtless selfie of him lying in bed.
3. ZSA ZSA GABOR'S husband Prince Frederic von Anhalt just got some HILARIOUSLY BAD cosmetic surgery. Interesting Fact: Zsa Zsa isn't dead yet. She's 97, and still kicking . . . despite being on her DEATH BED four years ago.
4. ANSEL ELGORT . . . the dude from "The Fault in Our Stars" . . . posted a photo of him watching someone on an airplane, reading an article about HIM. He captioned it: Quote, "Well, this is awkward…"
5. KIM KARDASHIAN showed off her boobs at Bonnaroo in an Instagram post where she's wearing some sort of sheer shirt.
Her new husband KANYE WEST was performing at the festival. He went on another one of his signature rants, which included him saying, quote, "I'm the #1 mother-[effing] rock star on the planet!"
"Entertainment Weekly" says that was, quote, "met with violent boos and what looked like a mass exodus."
Jason Biggs Makes Fun of Tara Reid's Body, Then Apologizes and Blames the Tabloids For Some Reason
JASON BIGGS was on JOAN RIVERS' web series last week and made a joke about TARA REID'S body . . . quote, "I don't know what's going on with it." The quote spread around, and on Friday, he went on Twitter to apologize for it . . . and blame the tabloids for blowing it out of proportion.
That quote got blown up and spread around after the video came out . . . so Jason went on Twitter on Friday to apologize to Tara AND see if he could blame this all on tabloid culture . . . which feels like a stretch.
He tweeted, quote, "The same tabloids that make a spectacle out of Tara Reid's body, insulting her without hesitation, are now trying to make a 'story' of my comment made on a COMEDY show. Tara, I am sorry if that hurt you."
Here's What Some Famous Athletes Eat Right Before They Compete
Here's what a few famous athletes eat right before they compete. DEREK JETER has pancakes and an omelette . . . PEYTON MANNING has pasta, two chicken breasts, a baked potato, broccoli, and Gatorade . . . and USAIN BOLT has 20 Chicken McNuggets.
Charles Barkley, NBA: two McDonald's filet-o-fish sandwiches, large fries, and a Diet Coke.
Britney Griner, WNBA: bacon.
Landon Donovan, soccer: apple, strawberries, blueberries, orange, kale smoothie.
Derek Jeter, MLB: pancakes and an omelette.
Wade Boggs, MLB: a whole chicken.
Peyton Manning, NFL: pasta, two chicken breasts, baked potato, broccoli, Gatorade.
Michael Phelps, swimming: fruit, oatmeal, bagel with cream cheese.
Usain Bolt, running: 20 Chicken McNuggets.
Serena Williams, tennis: nothing.
Ed "Cookie" Jarvis, competitive eating: two boiled cabbages, two gallons of water.
Monday TV Reminders:
• "The Bachelorette" . . . 8:00 to 10:00 P.M. on ABC. Andi takes the 11 remaining bachelors to France, where nine of them train with a professional mime.
• The second season premiere of "The Fosters" . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on ABC Family.
• The fourth season finale of "Louie" . . . 10:30 to 11:00 P.M. on FX.
Tonight's Late Night Talk Shows:
• "The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon" - Jennifer Lopez and Keenen Ivory Wayans.
• "Late Night with Seth Meyers" - Piper Perabo, Wanda Sykes, and Belgian singer Stromae.
• "Letterman" - Susan Sarandon, Whitney Cummings, indie rock minx Angel Olsen, and saxophonist David Sanborn.
• "Jimmy Kimmel" - Lena Headey from "Game of Thrones" and the British band Jungle.
• "Carson Daly" - TBA
• "Conan" - Ice Cube, and comedians Chris D'Elia and Hari Kondabolu.
• "Craig Ferguson" - Lennon Parham from the USA Network's "Playing House" and Henry Winkler.
• "Chelsea Lately" - Jason Biggs.
• "Jon Stewart" - Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz.
• "The Colbert Report" - Ta-Nehisi Coates, author of the article "A Case for Reparations".
Five Random Facts for Monday
1. People eat 46% more candy when it's in a glass jar that they can see through.
2. Even though Americans are the only ones who use the term "soccer" instead of "football", it's not actually an American word. It originated in England.
3. Rachel McAdams, Fred Durst, Sharon Stone, Jay Leno, Seal, and Pink all worked at McDonald's growing up.
4. Horses can't breathe through their mouth, only through their nose.
5. Rhode Island is the smallest state, but it technically has the longest name. Its official name is the "State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations."
It's Harder to Find a Date if You're the Middle Child
According to a new online dating study of 7.6 million users, you're more likely to find a relationship if you were the OLDEST sibling . . . about 5 to 10% more likely than the average online dater, depending on how many siblings you have. And middle children have the HARDEST time. Their chances of finding a relationship are about 5 to 7% LOWER than average.
Here's a Fake Number Women Can Give Out to Guys . . . So When They Call, They Get Schooled About Feminism
Ladies, the next time you give a sleazy guy a fake phone number, try 669-221-6251. When you call it, it plays a random quote from a feminist author named Bell Hooks. So you can diss the guy AND drop a little feminist knowledge on them.
Your Dog Does $392 Worth of Damage to Your Stuff Every Year
According to a new study, the average dog causes $392 worth of damage around the house every year, making them the MOST destructive pets. Cats are second, and the least destructive pet you can have is a guinea pig.
Dakota Lohan is 18. Lindsay and Ali's obnoxious little brother. It's only a matter of time before Dina Lohan tries to make a quick buck off of him too.
Diana DeGarmo is 27. Was the runner-up to Fantasia in "American Idol's" third season. At 11th season finale, she and another former "Idol", Ace Young, got engaged on stage with a product placed engagement ring. They married last year.
Sibel Kekilli is 34. Shae on "Game of Thrones". She's Peter Dinklage's lover who gets naked at least once an episode. Before becoming a legit actress, she actually did some PORNO. It's true. Her "work" is out there. It's not hard to find.
Eddie Cibrian is 41. His wife LeAnn Rimes helped destroy his previous marriage with their adulterous affair. He used to be on "Third Watch" and "CSI Miami".
John Cho is 42. Korean-American actor who's Harold in the "Harold & Kumar" movies and the young Mr. Sulu in "Star Trek". He's also the guy who popularized the phrase "MILF" in "American Pie".
Phil Mickelson is 44. Left-handed honky golfer extraordinaire . . . with a HOT wife. Who, to the best of our knowledge, he's NOT cheating on. However, he probably DID cheat the stock market with insider trading, so there's that.
The Ultimate Warrior would have been 55. He died just DAYS after entering the WWE Hall of Fame this year.
Laurie Metcalf is 59. Roseanne's unchubby sister Jackie on "Roseanne".
Gino Vannelli is 62. Italian-Canadian music superstar! Remember "I Just Wanna Stop"? No? Well I do!
Roberto Duran is 63. "NO MAS!" (It was in his second of three fights against Sugar Ray Leonard that Sugar Ray got his welterweight title back after Duran simply walked away and QUIT in the middle of the eighth round.)
Al Cowlings is 67. O.J.'s accomplice. IF O.J. DID IT. If not, he's O.J.'s faithful friend. Cowlings was behind the wheel of the Bronco during O.J.'s freeway chase. Tomorrow is the 20th anniversary of that chase.
Joan Van Ark is 71. Val Ewing on "Dallas" and "Knots Landing". I'd still nail her.
Eddie Levert is 72. Lead singer of the O'Jays. He sang "For the Love Of Money", "Love Train", "Put Your Hands Together", "Forever Mine", "Livin' for the Weekend" and "Used Ta Be My Girl".
TUPAC SHAKUR (1971 - 1996) Or . . . is he actually alive and well, hanging out with his hologram double, and celebrating with 40 ounces of Country Club malt liquor?
Jack Albertson (1907 - 1981) "The Man" Ed Brown on "Chico & The Man". He was also the husband of the succulent Shelly Winters in "The Poseidon Adventure". And he played an embalmer with a SECRET in the underrated 1981 horror flick "Dead and Buried". Check it out.
Stan Laurel (1890 - 1965) The skinny one from Laurel and Hardy.
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 18 days to Independence Day
• 25 days to World Population Day
• 46 days to Guardians of the Galaxy
• 52 days to Chicago Boot Camp
• 74 days to Labor Day Weekend
• 949 days left of "Hope and Change"
156 years ago . . . In 1858, Senate candidate ABE LINCOLN told a Springfield, Illinois, crowd that slavery was an issue that had to be resolved . . . declaring, "A house divided against itself cannot stand."
111 years ago . . . In 1903, in one of the biggest days in U.S. business history, both the FORD MOTOR COMPANY and PEPSI-COLA were incorporated.
85 years ago . . . In 1929, 62-year-old OTTO E. FUNK finished a walk from New York City to San Francisco. He traveled 4,165 miles in 183 days . . . PLAYING HIS VIOLIN THE WHOLE TIME.
55 years ago . . . In 1959, TV Superman GEORGE REEVES was found shot to death in his home. But no one can agree on whether he killed himself or was murdered.
47 years ago . . . In 1967, the first-ever major rock festival, the Monterey International Pop Festival, opened in California. It launched the careers of JANIS JOPLIN and JIMI HENDRIX, and was organized by John Phillips of the MAMAS & PAPAS. Tickets were $3.50 to $6.50, and about 50,000 people showed up.
36 years ago . . . In 1978, "Grease", starring JOHN TRAVOLTA and OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN, opened in U.S. theaters. It was like "High School Musical", but with way fewer minorities.
22 years ago . . . In 1992, SISTER SOULJAH called presidential candidate BILL CLINTON a "draft dodging, pot smoking womanizer." (So?) He'd criticized her for suggesting that blacks kill whites because there's too much black-on-black violence.
20 years ago . . . In 1994, the bass player in COURTNEY LOVE'S HOLE, Kristen Pfaff, was found dead in her bathtub . . . surrounded by drug paraphernalia. She died of a heroin overdose. DON'T RIDE "THE HORSE". Or hang out with Courtney Love.
Four years ago . . . In 2010, BP established a $20 BILLION fund for those who were affected by the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.