Your daily dose of Whatever!!
Jason Biggs' Wife Hired a Hooker for Him for His Birthday, but it Turned Into a "Comedy of Errors"
JASON BIGGS was on "The View" yesterday talking about the time his wife hired a hooker for his birthday. It didn't turn out like he'd planned. He said, quote, "Let's just say I didn't complete the mission. My wife found the whole thing to be quite hysterical even while it was happening. She was actually on the bed, watching, eating a bag of chips, laughing. So as you can imagine, I wasn't really performing to the best of my abilities."
J-Lo's Mom Doesn't Want Her Back Together With Marc Anthony
JENNIFER LOPEZ'S mom made it painfully obvious on "The Wendy Williams Show" yesterday that she does NOT want her daughter to get back together with ex-husband MARC ANTHONY.
Mom was in the audience when Wendy told J-Lo, quote, "In my mind, you'll get back with Marc." But when the camera panned to Mom, she was shaking her head and mouthing the word "nope."
But J-Lo said she and Marc are the best of friends, and committed to raising their kids. And when Wendy described him as, quote, "devastatingly hot," J-Lo's mom seemed to agree. (Here's video. Skip to the 7:36 mark.)
Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez Were Spotted Together Again . . . And Sources Say It's Official
JUSTIN BIEBER and SELENA GOMEZ were spotted leaving a Los Angeles recording studio Wednesday night in Justin's blue Ferrari, and the word is that it's DEFINITELY on again between the two of them.
A source says, quote, "She still loves him. It is hard for her to get over him because they have so much history. You just can't drop those feelings. There is too much there."
Sexy Pictures of Famous People
1. LUPITA NYONG'O looks sexy without trying too hard in a photo shoot for the new issue of "Vogue".
3. All things considered, GOLDIE HAWN and KURT RUSSELL don't look too bad in swimwear. Although Kurt's a LONG way from a six pack.
4. Here's KATY PERRY with her eyebrows dyed.
5. KELLY ROWLAND showed off her bare baby bump.
6. As absurd as it is, this one is kind of hard not to get engrossed in: It's a gallery of knees that look like famous people.
7. JANUARY JONES posted a Throwback Thursday picture of her first paid modeling gig, but removed it when people complained that it looked like she was posing with tribal Africans.
Kim Kardashian Explains How to Take the Perfect Selfie
KIM KARDASHIAN gave some tips on taking a good selfie. They include using a mirror so you know what you're getting in advance, switching the photo to black and white to compensate for bad lighting, and holding the camera up high to get the best angle for your face.
Ben & Jerry's Has Two New Flavors Based on "Saturday Night Live"
HIGHLIGHTS: The upcoming season of "Saturday Night
Live" will be its 40th . . . and Ben & Jerry's is marking the occasion with two new flavors based on "SNL" skits. There's Gilly's Catastrophic Crunch, based on the character played by KRISTEN WIIG and Lazy Sunday, based on the ANDY SAMBERG / CHRIS PARNELL Digital Short of the same name. Two more flavors are coming in the fall.
"Jersey Boys" and "Think Like a Man Too" Are in Theaters
Clint Eastwood directs this movie about Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, which was adapted from the Broadway musical. It stars John Lloyd Young. He's the guy who won a Tony award for playing Frankie Valli in the Broadway version.
Christopher Walken is also in it as a local mobster.
Until the Beatles came along, the Four Seasons were one of the most popular bands of the '60s. Some of their #1 hits include "Sherry", "Big Girls Don't Cry", and "Walk Like a Man". You'd also know their 1975 hit "December 1963 (Oh What a Night)".
This is the sequel to that 2012 comedy which was based on Steve Harvey's book, "Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man". In this one, more relationship chaos ensues when the couples hit Las Vegas for the wedding of Regina Hall and Terrence J's characters.
The other ladies are Taraji P. Henson, Meagan Good, and Gabrielle Union. . . and the rest of the men include Kevin Hart and "Almost Human's" Michael Ealy.
Liam Neeson plays a writer using Olivia Wilde as his inspiration, while Kim Basinger waits for him back home. His story is somehow interconnected with two other love stories . . . with Adrien Brody falling for a beautiful Italian woman in Rome . . . and with Mila Kunis trying to regain custody of her son with the help of James Franco.
Sneak Peek at Upcoming CD, DVD, and Theatrical Releases
Theatrical Releases for Next Friday:
• "Transformers: Age of Extinction" . . . starring Mark Wahlberg.
• "Begin Again" . . . starring Keira Knightley and Mark Ruffalo. (Limited)
• "Snowpiercer" . . . starring Chris Evans, Jamie Bell, and John Hurt. (Limited)
New in the Past Week to Netflix Instant Streaming:
• "Oldboy" . . . starring Josh Brolin and Elizabeth Olsen.
• "Grand Piano" . . . starring Elijah Wood and John Cusack.
• "Jimmy P" . . . starring Benicio Del Toro.
DVDs for Tuesday:
• "300: Rise of an Empire" . . . starring Eva Green and Sullivan Stapleton.
• "Winter's Tale" . . . starring Colin Farrell and Russell Crowe.
• "Repentence" . . . starring Anthony Mackie and Forest Whitaker.
Games for Tuesday:
• "Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark" on PS4, PS3, XboxOne, 360, and WiiU.
CDs for Tuesday:
• "Fuego", Phish
• "X", Ed Sheeran
• "Bridges", R&B singer Joe
• "Hope in Front of Me", Danny Gokey . . . from the eighth season of "American Idol"
• "Nothing More", the rock band Nothing More
• "Light My Fire: A Classic Rock Salute to the Doors"
It's Official: Harrison Ford Has a Broken Leg
As it turns out, HARRISON FORD has a broken LEG . . . not a broken ankle.
Harrison's rep says, quote, "[His] left leg was broken in an accident. His surgery was successful, and he'll begin rehab shortly. He's doing well and looks forward to returning to work."
The rep didn't say how long Harrison would be sidelined, but earlier this week we heard it would probably be about eight weeks. That would make sense . . . but then again, that report said he had a broken ANKLE.
Chelsea Handler Is Moving to Netflix
CHELSEA HANDLER has lined up her next gig. She's doing another talk show . . . but it won't be on TV. It'll be streamed on Netflix. The new show isn't expected to premiere until 2016. In the meantime, she'll do a series of comedy specials for Netflix.
Weekend TV Reminders:
• Friday: The series premiere of "Funniest Wins" . . . from 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on TBS. Marlon Wayans hosts this reality competition for comedians who perform challenges like performing for tourists on a moving bus and creating viral videos.
• Saturday: The second season finale of "Orphan Black" . . . from 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on BBC America.
• Saturday: The series premiere of "Almost Royal" . . . from 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on BBC America. A reality series where two actors play British aristocrats on their first trip to America . . . humorously interacting with real Americans.
• Saturday: "The Graham Norton Show" . . . from 11:15 P.M. to Midnight Eastern on BBC America. Samuel L. Jackson, Keira Knightley, and Kasbian.
• "Saturday Night Live" . . . from 11:30 P.M. to 1:00 A.M. on NBC. Seth Rogen hosts and Ed Sheeran performs. (Repeat)
• Sunday: The series finale of "Enlisted" . . . from 7:00 to 7:30 P.M. on Fox.
• Sunday: The seventh season premiere of "Wipeout" . . . from 7:00 to 9:00 P.M. on ABC.
More Weekend TV Reminders:
• Sunday: The live series premiere of "Rising Star" . . . from 9:00 to 11:00 P.M. on ABC. Josh Groban, Brad Paisley, Kesha, and Ludacris star in this new singing competition with real time results from an app that you download in order to vote.
• Sunday: The series premiere of "The Last Ship" . . . from 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on TNT. Eric Dane from "Grey's Anatomy" commands a naval warship that's at sea when a virus wipes out 80% of the world's population.
Adam Baldwin is his second-in-command, and Rhona Mitra is a civilian scientist.
• Sunday: The series premiere of "The Musketeers" . . . from 9:00 to 10:15 P.M. on BBC America. Peter Capaldi, the guy who currently plays "Dr. Who", is the villainous Cardinal Richelieu. You'd also recognize Santiago Cabrera, the guy who plays Aramis. He was Lancelot on "Merlin" . . . and Isaac Mendez on "Heroes".
• Sunday: The seventh season premiere of "True Blood" . . . from 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on HBO. There's supposed to be a shocking death within the first three minutes of the episode when the Hepatitis-V infected vampires attack the town.
• Sunday: The sixth season finale of "Drop Dead Diva" . . . at 9:00 P.M. on Lifetime.
• Sunday: The fourth season premiere of "Falling Skies" . . . at 10:00 P.M. on TNT.
Tonight's Late Night Talk Shows:
• "The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon" - Amanda Seyfried, and the drum-off between Will Ferrell and Chad Smith of the Red Hot Chili Peppers. (Repeat)
• "Late Night with Seth Meyers" - Jennifer Lawrence, Alan Cumming, and Little Daylight. (Repeat)
• "Letterman" - Dave Chappelle, Laura Prepon, and The Orwells. (Repeat)
• "Jimmy Kimmel" - 50 Cent and One Republic. (Repeat)
• "Carson Daly" - Emily Mortimer and K. Flay. (Repeat)
• "Craig Ferguson" - Maria Bello and Bradley Trevor Greive.
• "Chelsea Lately" - Rob Riggle. (Repeat)
Five Random Facts For Friday
Here are a few random facts for you. Asia has a larger surface area than the moon. Megan Fox and the Olsen Twins are the same age . . . 28. And 350 slices of pizza are sold in the U.S. every second.
What's the Weirdest Thing Your Boss Asked You to Do That Wasn't in Your Job Description?
A new survey asked people for the strangest thing their boss has asked them to do that wasn't in their job description. The best answers include: Asking me to fire someone, and then drive them home . . . asking me to teach another employee how to pass a drug test . . . and instructing all employees to start "Liking" his Facebook videos.
Your Headphones Tie Into At Least 11 Knots When You Put Them in Your Bag . . . Here's Why
The average pair of headphones tangles into 11 knots when you put them away. And physicists in California know why: Headphone cords NATURALLY coil into loops . . . the cords are long and have three loose ends . . . and when any loose end enters a loop, it makes a knot. So, it's not your fault.
Think a G-String Is Too Conservative? Get a C-String Instead
If you think thongs and G-strings cover you up too much . . . check out the C-STRING. It's a new type of underwear that covers you in the front, loops between your legs, and covers a little of your crack. There's no waistband . . . it holds itself in place thanks to the wire inside.
A Guy Accidentally Shoots Himself in the Junk . . . and the Bullet Exits Through His Buttocks
A guy in Georgia was trying to put his gun in its holster last week, and accidentally shot himself in the process. The bullet went into his JUNK . . . passed through . . . and exited out of his buttocks. He went to the hospital for treatment, but here's no word on his condition.
A Bunch of White Politicians Accidentally Passed a Bill For Slavery Reparations . . . Because They Didn't Bother Reading It or Listening to It
A bunch of white county commissioners in Dallas County, Texas accidentally passed a bill calling for SLAVERY REPARATIONS on Tuesday . . . because no one bothered to read it or even listen as it was read out loud. The bill is nonbinding, though . . . so it means the county's official position is now that black people deserve reparations, but doesn't guarantee they'll get them.
Christopher Mintz-Plasse is 25. MCLOVIN in "Superbad". Somehow, he's gone on to have parts in other movies since then, like "Role Models" and "Kick Ass".
Dreama Walker is 28. The cute blonde in "Don't Trust the B**** in Apartment 23".
Grace Potter is 31. She of the indie band Grace Potter and the Nocturnals.
Chuck Wicks is 35. Handsome country singer who was on "Dancing with the Stars" AND Julianne Hough. He lost both.
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson is 36. Former UFC light heavyweight champ. He took a hiatus from MMA fighting to play B.A. Baracus in the disappointing "A-Team" movie. I pity the fool who bastardized that role by casting Rampage Jackson.
(He recently had a pretty boring unanimous decision victory over King Mo in the Bellator MMA organization. He should probably hang it up now.)
Josh Lucas is 43. Sort-of-under-the-radar movie star. He hasn't done anything really high profile since "Glory Road" and "Poseidon", both in 2006.
Robert Rodriguez is 46. He directed "Machete", "Machete Kills", "Sin City", "From Dusk Til Dawn", "Desperado", "Planet Terror" and, for some reason, those "Spy Kids" movies. He left his wife for Rose McGowan, after he met her during the filming of "Grindhouse". "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For" comes out this August.
Nicole Kidman is 47. She's known as an Australian, but was actually born in Hawaii. Her dad was a visiting fellow at the National Institute of Mental Health there at the time. So she could technically be elected president. If they have her birth certificate.
John Taylor is 54. Duran Duran's bassist. He grew up a huge nerd: He had thick glasses as he was almost legally blind and he loved painting models of soldiers. Then he decided to become a rock star, got contacts and became the "good looking" one of Duran Duran.
Koko B. Ware is 57. WWF superstar from the '80s! He'd bring a bird with him to the ring. At age 57, he's shattered the life expectancy of a professional wrestler.
MICHAEL ANTHONY is 60. Van Halen bassist whom the Van Halen brothers have vowed NEVER TO WORK WITH AGAIN.
(They're basically ticked at him because he continues to work with Sammy Hagar . . . and they hate Sammy. Very mature.)
John Goodman is 62. Chubby superstar of movies and television. He's a cult hero to a whole new generation because of his iconic role as Walter Sobchak in "The Big Lebowski".
LIONEL RICHIE! is 65. There's no karamu like the one Lionel Richie deserves to have on his birthday. NOTHING can compare.
Alan Longmuir is 66. Bassist for the Bay City Rollers! S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y night!
Bob Vila is 68. Cuban-American home improvement TV host. He's best known for hosting "This Old House" from 1979 to 1989.
Anne Murray is 69. In 1970, her song "Snowbird" made her the first Canadian woman to have a track hit #1 in the U.S. You owe her one, Celine Dion.
Brian Wilson is 72. Beach Boys' mastermind. He's been deaf in his right ear for his whole life. Now THAT'S impressive.
John Mahoney is 74. Frasier's dad on ''Frasier'', and the father of the chick John Cusack is in love with in "Say Anything". He was born in Blackpool, England, but moved to the U.S. as a teenager . . . and says he got rid of his horrible northern English accent while he was in the U.S. Army.
Danny Aiello is 81. His famous line in "The Godfather Part II" . . . where he says "Michael Corleone says hello!" during a hit . . . was ad-libbed.
Olympia Dukakis is 83. She won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role as Cher's mom in "Moonstruck" . . . which, coincidentally, also starred John Mahoney and Danny Aiello.
Martin Landau is 86. In 1995, he won the Best Supporting Actor Oscar for playing Bela Lugosi in "Ed Wood". He won an Emmy in 2007 for his guest role as a washed-up Hollywood producer in "Entourage". Is that something you might be interested in?
Chet Atkins (1924 - 2001) Country legend.
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 14 days to Independence Day
• 21 days to World Population Day
• 42 days to Guardians of the Galaxy
• 48 days to Chicago Boot Camp
• 70 days to Labor Day Weekend
• 945 days left of "Hope and Change"
232 years ago . . . In 1782, the GREAT SEAL OF THE UNITED STATES was adopted by Congress. It depicts an eagle clutching an olive branch in one talon and 13 arrows in the other, and in its beak, a ribbon bearing the motto "E Pluribus Unum", meaning "one out of many".
BENJAMIN FRANKLIN thought the TURKEY would be a more appropriate symbol, and wrote to his daughter from France: "The turkey, in comparison, is a much more respectable bird."
151 years ago . . . In 1863, for some reason, WEST VIRGINIA became the 35th state.
91 years ago . . . In 1923, Mexicano revolutionary and en fuego bandito, PANCHO VILLA, was assassinated on his ranch at age 45.
67 years ago . . . In 1947, MOBSTER BENJAMIN "BUGSY" SIEGEL was shot to death at his girlfriend's Beverly Hills mansion. The mob was angry over the crazy amounts of money Bugsy was spending on the Flamingo resort in Las Vegas.
51 years ago . . . In 1963, the United States and Soviet Union signed an agreement to set up a "HOT LINE" between the two countries. The hot line WASN'T a red telephone . . . and was never used.
47 years ago . . . In 1967, former heavyweight champion MUHAMMAD ALI was fined $10,000 and sentenced to 5 years in prison for dodging the draft. Ali's conviction was later overturned by the Supreme Court.
39 years ago . . . In 1975, STEVEN SPIELBERG released "Jaws". "Jaws" is credited with starting the whole "summer blockbuster" phenomenon. It was the highest-grossing film in movie history, earning $260 million in the U.S., until "Star Wars" came out two years later. ("Star Wars" made $307 million in the U.S.)
34 years ago . . . In 1980, "It's Still Rock & Roll" became BILLY JOEL'S first number one hit. Want to know what Billy Joel's Greatest Number One "Hit" was? CHRISTIE BRINKLEY! He "hit that" hard!
28 years ago . . . In 1986, "The Karate Kid, Part 2", starring RALPH MACCHIO, was released.
21 years ago . . . In 1993, the CHICAGO BULLS defeated the Phoenix Suns, and won their THIRD STRAIGHT NBA CHAMPIONSHIP. That made them the first team to "three-peat" since the 1966 Boston Celtics.
The sixth game, that wrapped up the title, was won on a three-point shot by the very white JOHN PAXSON, with 3.9 seconds remaining on the clock.
20 years ago . . . In 1994, O.J. SIMPSON lied, and pleaded innocent, in L.A. to the killing of his ex-wife Nicole, and her friend, Ron Goldman. IF he did it.
13 years ago . . . In 2001, "South Park" featured the "S-word" 162 times in 30 minutes during its season premiere.
13 years ago . . . In 2001, future "American Idol" contestant BO BICE was arrested for felony COCAINE POSSESSION after he was caught scoring a half gram of coke at the world famous Silver Dollar strip club in Huntsville, Alabama.
(The charges were dropped when he completed a drug diversion program.)
11 years ago . . . In 2003, ATTICA! $250,000 worth of JEWELRY WAS STOLEN from LIL' KIM at John F. Kennedy airport in New York.
Three years ago . . . In 2011, "Jackass" star RYAN DUNN was killed when he crashed his Porsche 911 GT3 in Chester County, Pennsylvania. He was 34.