Your daily dose of Whatever!!
Nine Interesting Facts About Comic-Con
Comic-Con is happening this weekend, so here are some interesting facts about the event: The first official San Diego Comic-Con was a three-day event, which went down in 1970 . . . and 300 people attended. Now, it draws over 130,000, and brings in over $165 million in revenue for San Diego.
Robin Thicke Is Finally Admitting His Marriage is Over
Earlier this week we heard that ROBIN THICKE and PAULA PATTON'S house was on the market. That was a pretty strong hint that things weren't going to work out.
And now the word is that Robin has indeed admitted that the entire freakin' album he dedicated to Paula isn't going to get her back . . . even though it had a song on it CALLED "Get Her Back". (???)
A source says Robin is done begging and has decided to move on, and an attorney is already working on a financial settlement. One thing Robin is firm on, though, is that he won't be the one to file for divorce.
Celebrity Baby News: Kelsey Grammer Has a New Son, and Zoe Saldana Might Be Having Twins
KELSEY GRAMMER'S wife Kayte gave birth to a baby boy on Tuesday. They named him Kelsey Gabriel Elias Grammer. He's their second child.
They also have a 2-year-old daughter named Faith, and Kelsey has four other kids from previous relationships, ranging in age from 9 to 30.
Meanwhile, E! Online says ZOE SALDANA is expecting TWINS, and she's thrilled. For the record, she has yet to confirm she's even pregnant.
Charlize Theron is Wearing a Ring on Her Engagement Finger . . . Did Sean Penn Propose?
CHARLIZE THERON was spotted wearing a ring on her engagement finger . . . which would suggest that SEAN PENN proposed, and she said yes. But that might not be the case.
E! Online says Charlize's new piece of jewelry is an 18-karat yellow gold Anita Ko Leaf Ring . . . which sells for $4,900. And that would be on the CHEAP side as celebrity engagement rings go.
Is Britney Spears Looking Into Laser Fat Removal?
BRITNEY SPEARS left her dermatologist's office yesterday with some pamphlets . . . including one for ZERONA . . . which is a LASER FAT REMOVAL TREATMENT.
According to the creatively named website MyZerona.com, the treatment is a, quote, "non-invasive body contouring procedure [designed] to effectively remove excess fat without the negative side effects associated with surgical methods."
Sexy Pictures of Famous People
1. CAMERON DIAZ and that boyfriend she doesn't like talking about, BENJI MADDEN, hit the beach in Sardinia.
2. And, for NICKI MINAJ'S next trick, watch her make a thong disappear using nothing but her ass. (This picture is the "cover art" for her new single "Anaconda". And for those of you who are complaining it's too racy, Nicki has some things to show you.)
3. JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE shared a Throwback Thursday picture from his Little League days.
4. I don't care what his birth certificate says, BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN does NOT have the body of a 64-year-old man.
5. QUEEN ELIZABETH knows how to Photobomb.
6. Here's what a forensic artist thinks Britain's PRINCE GEORGE will look like in 17 years, when he's 18.
7. Sexy Video: It was nine years ago that PARIS HILTON whorishly washed a car in a Carl's Jr. ad. And now, at 33, she makes a cameo in their NEW ad, in which some other chick is whorishly washing what appears to be a pickup truck.
"Hercules" and the Scarlett Johansson Sci-Fi Flick "Lucy"
The Rock stars as Hercules. The Kellan Lutz movie from earlier this year was more of an origin story, but The Rock's movie takes place later in Hercules' life. It covers his legendary 12 Labors, and has him fighting a war to return John Hurt to his throne.
Joseph Fiennes plays the guy who commands him to perform his 12 Labors . . . Ian McShane convinces Hercules he's still a hero after a tragic loss . . . and "Sports Illustrated: Swimsuit" model Irina Shayk makes her acting debut as Hercules' wife.
It's directed by Brett Ratner, whose other credits include "X-Men: The Last Stand", and the "Rush Hour" trilogy.
Scarlett Johansson is kidnapped and forced to act as a drug mule, carrying a powerful synthetic drug inside her body. But when some of the chemicals leak into her system, they unlock her brain's capacity to operate on a higher level than any other human.
As she develops increased intelligence, and powers like telepathy and telekinesis, she turns to Morgan Freeman to help her figure out where her abilities might lead . . . all while being chased by killers who want to extract their drugs from her body.
Michael Douglas plays a cranky old man who's stuck taking care of his granddaughter. Diane Keaton is a neighbor who takes an interest in him, despite the fact that no one else can stand to be around him.
4. And now, some limited releases you may or may not care about:
--"A Most Wanted Man" is an espionage thriller starring Philip Seymour Hoffman as a German intelligence officer in charge of an anti-terrorism task force. Rachel McAdams, Robin Wright, and Willem Dafoe are also in it. (Trailer)
--"Very Good Girls" . . . Dakota Fanning and Elizabeth Olsen make a pact to lose their virginity before the end of the summer . . . and then both fall for the same guy. Demi Moore, Clark Gregg, and Richard Dreyfus are also in it. (Trailer)
--"Magic in the Moonlight" is a Woody Allen comedy starring Colin Firth as a master illusionist asked to prove that Emma Stone is really a fake spiritual medium exploiting a rich family. But the more she stumps him, the more he falls for her. (Trailer)
--"Happy Christmas" . . . Anna Kendrick moves in with her brother and starts drinking heavily after splitting up with her boyfriend. Lena Dunham is her new best friend and Melanie Lynskey from "Two and a Half Men" is her disapproving sister-in-law. (Trailer)
Here's the First "Fifty Shades of Grey" Trailer
The first trailer for "Fifty Shades of Grey" hit the web yesterday, and it does indeed include a small sample of the kinky stuff. Although comedian BILLY EICHNER posted a great Tweet that put it all into perspective . . . quote, "To all those people who get excited about 50 Shades of Grey - you guys know about porn right?"
(In case you care, here's how KATHIE LEE GIFFORD and HODA KOTB reacted to the trailer this morning on the "Today" show. Skip ahead to 1:19.)
(Check it out here.)
Weekend TV Reminders:
• Friday: "Rodney Carrington: Laughter is Good" . . . from 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on CMT. Stand-up comedy.
• Friday: "Funniest Wins" . . . from 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on TBS. Kyle Glass, Todrick Hall, and Owen Benjamin guest star as the comics write funny songs and shoot videos for them.
• "Saturday Night Live" . . . from 11:30 P.M. to 1:00 A.M. on NBC. Andrew Garfield hosts and Coldplay performs. (Repeat)
• Sunday: The series premiere of "Manhattan" . . . from 9:00 to 10:30 P.M. on WGN America. John Benjamin Hickey is the lead scientist on the Manhattan Project, developing the atomic bomb in the 1940s. Daniel Stern is also in it.
• Sunday: "Rising Star" . . . from 9:00 to 11:00 P.M. on ABC.
• Sunday: "Oprah's Where Are They Now?" . . . from 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on OWN. Nicole Richie, Fran Drescher, and Tom Green.
• Sunday: "Oprah's Master Class" . . . from 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on OWN. Sharon Stone.
Tonight's Late Night Talk Shows:
• "The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon" - Jon Hamm, Brit Marling, and Martha Stewart.
• "Late Night with Seth Meyers" - Andy Serkis, Taye Diggs, and Neon Trees. (Repeat)
• "Letterman" - Michael Douglas, comedian Paul Morrissey, and Kiesza. (Repeat)
• "Jimmy Kimmel" - The cast of "Guardians of the Galaxy" . . . Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Vin Diesel, and Bradley Cooper. (Repeat)
• "Carson Daly" - Kaiser Chiefs, Chuck E. Weiss, and comedian Marc Maron. (Repeat)
• "Craig Ferguson" - Bradley Cooper.
• "Chelsea Lately" - Cameron Diaz.
Five Random Facts For Friday
Here are a few random facts for you. "Pong" was never supposed to be released . . . a developer just made it during a training exercise and Atari's founder liked it. Marilyn Monroe's IQ was 163 . . . three points higher than Albert Einstein's. And there's a city in Alaska called Diomede that's just 2.4 miles away from Russia.
1. The original definition of "weird" was "having the power to control the fate or destiny of human beings." Then again, Weird Al just managed to have a number one album, so maybe he DOES have that power.
2. "Pong" was never supposed to be released . . . a developer at Atari made it during a training exercise. But Atari's founder liked it so much they decided to take it public.
3. Marilyn Monroe had an IQ of 163 . . . Albert Einstein's IQ was 160.
4. Harry S. Truman, Michael J. Fox, and Ulysses S. Grant all have middle initials that don't stand for anything. In Michael J. Fox's case, his real middle name was 'Andrew.' He went with J. to distinguish himself from a guy already in the Screen Actors Guild.
5. There's a city in Alaska called Diomede that's just 2.4 miles away from Russia.
How Much Money Do You Need to Feel Successful?
How much money do you need to make to feel successful? The numbers aren't as high as you'd guess. The average man says it's $50,000 to $70,000 . . . the average woman says it's under $50,000. Only 5% of men and 2% of women say they'd need to bring in over $200,000 to feel successful.
Beer Is America's Favorite Alcohol For the Ninth Year in a Row
Beer is the most popular alcoholic beverage in America for the ninth year in a row, according to a new poll. Overall, 64% of Americans drink alcohol and the average person has 4.1 drinks per week.
Women Spend 36 Days Getting Ready for Their Wedding . . . Guys Spend Six
According to a new survey, the average bride spends 36 DAYS getting reading for her wedding . . . compared to just SIX DAYS for the average groom. And the bride's mother spends 18 days. But about one in five women said they wish their mom had helped LESS.
You Eat Seven of the Exact Same Meals Every Single Week
Does it seem like you always cook the same thing? Or since you're an American, does it seem like you're always going to the same restaurants after deciding NOT to cook?
A new survey found the average person has seven standard meals they eat every single week. You might switch it up for the rest of your meals . . . but every week, at some point, you're going to eat those same exact seven things.
25% of people even have those meals regimented night-to-night . . . like, Friday nights are always pizza nights. (Daily Mail)
Photo of the Day: A Real Estate Listing Accidentally Featured a Guy's Junk
There's a beautiful three-story condo for sale in Austin, Texas. It's got five bedrooms, four bathrooms, and costs $389,500. But that's not why we're telling you about it.
In the real estate listing, there's a photo of one of the bathrooms where you can see the reflection of the guy taking the picture in the mirror. Unprofessional, but no big deal, right? Except that the guy was NAKED at the time, and you can clearly see his JUNK.
Unfortunately the listing's been pulled down since the Internet noticed. So if you buy the place, there's no word on whether it comes with a sexy
naked middle-aged man with a tremendous amount of hair-down-there. (Gawker)
A Man Goes to the Hospital to Get Circumcised . . . and Wakes Up With His Junk Amputated
A guy in Alabama is suing a hospital after he went in for a circumcision last month . . . and they ended up AMPUTATING his JUNK. Apparently there were complications with the circumcision so they amputated . . . but he says they never warned him that could happen, and he never gave consent.
A Woman in Labor Couldn't Cross the Street to a Hospital Because of Obama's Motorcade
PRESIDENT OBAMA was in L.A. on Wednesday for some fundraisers, and several streets were closed off for his motorcade. But there was a pregnant woman sitting at a bus stop on one of those streets who went into LABOR . . . and she couldn't go to her hospital across the street for HALF AN HOUR because it was closed. She DID eventually make it to the hospital . . . there's no word on when she gave birth.
Michael Welch is 27. Mike Newton, one of Bella's boring human friends, in the "Twilight" movies. You'd also know him as Joan's brother on "Joan of Arcadia".
Louise Brown is 36. The word's first test tube baby . . . born in Oldham, England. She had a baby of her own that she conceived naturally. He's seven years old now and she named him Cameron.
Tera Patrick is 38. Exotic-looking mattress actress (she's Thai/British) who was married to the Biohazard singer Evan Seinfeld.
D.B. Woodside is 45. Was President Wayne Palmer on "24".
Matt LeBlanc is 47. He's playing a fictionalized version of himself on Showtime's "Episodes", for which he's already won a Golden Globe and was nominated for an Emmy.
Mattress actress Gail Force is 48. Her 180 fine films include . . . "Coming In America", "Sex Fifth Avenue", "Hills Have Thighs", "White Trash, Black Splash" AND "Butt's Up Doc 2".
Illeana Douglas is 49. You'd know her if you saw her . . . but this is RADIO. Oddly-sexy character actress who played the art teacher in "Ghost World", hypnotized Kevin Bacon in "Stir of Echoes" and played Matt Dillon's sister in "To Die For".
Roger Clinton is 58. Brother of Bill and THE star of "Bio-Dome", "Spy Hard" and "Pumpkinhead 2: Blood Wings"!!!
Iman is 59. David Bowie's Nubian Queen.
Verdine White is 63. Earth, Wind & Fire. Their biggest jams include . . . "Shining Star", "Got to Get You Into My Life", "Sing a Song", "September", "Boogie Wonderland", "After the Love Has Gone" and "Let's Groove".
Manny Charlton is 73. Nazareth.
Estelle Getty (1923 - 2008) Sadly, she died just three days short of her 85th birthday. You'd know her as Bea Arthur's mom on "The Golden Girls" AND Sylvester Stallone's mom in "Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot".
Brad Renfro should have been 32. (1982 - 2008) A once-promising young actor who went on to develop a pretty long rap sheet. He was in "The Client" with Tommy Lee Jones when he was 12. He died of an accidental heroin overdose in January of 2008.
Walter Payton (1954 - 1999) "Sweetness". Chicago Bears legend.
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 3 days to World Hepatitis Day
• 7 days to Guardians of the Galaxy
• 13 days to Chicago Boot Camp
• 35 days to Labor Day Weekend
• 45 days to International Literacy Day
• 910 days left of "Hope and Change"
62 years ago . . . In 1952, PUERTO RICO became a self-governing commonwealth of the United States.
34 years ago . . . In 1980, "Caddyshack" was released, starring the incredible BILL MURRAY and an infamously unwrapped Baby Ruth.
29 years ago . . . In 1985, a spokeswoman for ROCK HUDSON confirmed that the manly actor, hospitalized in Paris, was suffering from AIDS. Rock Hudson died the following October.
24 years ago . . . In 1990, ROSEANNE grabbed her hefty crotch while butchering the "Star-Spangled Banner" at a San Diego Padres game. She was booed.
17 years ago . . . In 1997, "Air Force One" was released . . . starring HARRISON FORD as the President.
15 years ago . . . In 1999, the wonderful WOODSTOCK '99 music festival in Rome, New York, ended in fires, looting and rape.
15 years ago . . . In 1999, LANCE ARMSTRONG rode to victory in the TOUR DE FRANCE on one testicle . . . and apparently quite a few performance enhancers.
14 years ago . . . In 2000, Texas Governor GEORGE W. BUSH selected heart-attack-machine DICK CHENEY to be his running mate.
Six years ago . . . In 2008, CALIFORNIA became the first state to ban TRANS FATS from restaurant food.