Your daily dose of Whatever!!
Did Nicholas Hoult Break Up With Jennifer Lawrence Because of Her "Exploded Ego"?
Sources say NICHOLAS HOULT broke up with JENNIFER LAWRENCE because her ego is getting out of control . . . quote, "Nicholas is moving on. He hates how in love with fame Jen is, and he told her he hates dating an A-list actress . . . Nic wants a more low-key girlfriend." That girlfriend might be ELVIS' granddaughter RILEY KEOUGH.
Sexy Pictures of Famous People
1. Here's JULIANNE HOUGH performing, or stretching, or . . . oh, do you even CARE what she's doing?
2. Texas Longhorns kicker NICK ROSE has one of the best . . . if not THE best . . . head shots in all of college sports.
3. Here's chubby LEONARDO DICAPRIO having a water gun fight with a friend.
4. So much for the breakup rumors. BEYONCÉ posted a picture of JAY Z and Blue Ivy, along with the caption, "My favorite hue is JayZ Blue."
5. MILEY CYRUS grabs her naked boob in a new Instagram pic.
6. MELANIE GRIFFITH covered up her "Antonio" tattoo with a bandage that said "Mel" on it.
7. SCARLETT JOHANSSON is now officially one of those chicks who cuts her hair after getting pregnant.
Did Orlando Bloom Take a Swing at Justin Bieber in Spain Last Night?
ORLANDO BLOOM and JUSTIN BIEBER almost mixed it up at a restaurant in Ibiza, Spain yesterday. Witnesses say it started when Justin PURPOSELY bumped into Orlando, who went after him and even THREW A PUNCH, which missed. There was a brief confrontation, then Justin left . . . and the crowd applauded.
Kiefer Sutherland vs. Freddie Prinze Jr.: Some of Kiefer's Co-Stars Weigh In
Freddie Prinze may have nothing good to say about KIEFER SUTHERLAND, but two of his former "24" co-stars had nothing but praise for Kiefer. One said he was one of the most professional actors he'd ever worked with. And the other said he was a great guy . . . and a fun drinking buddy.
ESPN Suspended Victim-Blamer Stephen A. Smith for One Week
ESPN has suspended commentator STEPHEN A. SMITH for one week . . . following his not-so-insightful comments on domestic abuse. Essentially, he said a woman should do HER part not to, quote, "do anything to provoke wrong actions."
Technically, ESPN didn't use the word "suspension." Their statement reads: Quote, "Stephen A. Smith will not appear on [his show] 'First Take' or ESPN Radio for the next week. He will return to ESPN next Wednesday."
Paramount Deleted a "TMNT" Tweet, When People Complained That It Contained Imagery Evoking the 9/11 Attacks
Yesterday, Paramount Tweeted out a "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" poster . . . hyping its release in Australia. But there was a lot of backlash because it's coming out on September 11th there, and the poster showed the turtles falling from an EXPLODING New York City skyscraper, which reminded people of the 9/11 attacks. They later deleted the Tweet and apologized.
"Bachelorette" Andi Dorfman's New Fiancé Josh "Could Care Less" About Nick Stuffing Andi's Taco
"Bachelorette" ANDI DORFMAN and JOSH MURRAY are still together, despite NICK VIALL'S revelation on the "After the Final Rose" special that he'd "made love" with Andi. Yesterday, Josh said he, quote, "could care less" about that . . . adding that Nick was, quote, "classless." And yes, he did say he "COULD care less," which may or may not have been a Freudian slip.
"Bachelorette" Runner-Up Nick Viall Didn't Mean to Humiliate Andi Dorfman When He Admitted to Stuffing Her Taco on Live TV
"Bachelorette" runner-up NICK VIALL didn't mean to embarrass ANDI DORFMAN, when he revealed on Monday's live "After the Final Rose" special that they'd, quote, "made love."
Yesterday, he said, quote, "I definitely wish I had that opportunity to have that conversation with her in private . . . It sort of just came out. If I had any regrets, I didn't want to humiliate her or make her feel that way. I feel very sorry if she did feel that way."
By the way, the mystery letter that Nick gave Andi has been posted on the show's Facebook page. Andi has said that she did read it. (You can find it, here.)
"America's Got Talent" Took the Top Two Spots in the Ratings
"America's Got Talent" took the top two spots in the ratings last week. It averaged a little over 10 million viewers on both days.
"The Bachelorette: The Men Tell All" special came in fifth place with about 7 million viewers. Even though the REAL revelation . . . that Andi had slept with and rejected one of her two remaining bachelors . . . didn't come until the finale.
Here are last week's Top 10 primetime shows:
1. Last Tuesday's "America's Got Talent", NBC, 10.4 million viewers.
2. Last Wednesday's "America's Got Talent", NBC, 10.3 million viewers.
3. "NCIS", CBS, 8.7 million viewers.
4. "60 Minutes", CBS, 7.7 million viewers.
5. "The Big Bang Theory", CBS, 7.1 million viewers.
6. "The Bachelorette: The Men Tell All", ABC, 7.1 million viewers.
7. "Under the Dome", CBS, 6.7 million viewers.
8. "Big Brother", CBS, 6.6 million viewers.
9. "NCIS: Los Angeles", CBS, 6.6 million viewers.
10. "Extant", CBS, 6.5 million viewers.
Wednesday TV Reminders:
• The series premiere of "Penn & Teller: Fool Us" . . . 8:00 to 9:00 P.M. on the CW. Aspiring magicians get one shot to try to fool Penn & Teller with their best trick . . . and anyone who succeeds wins the right to perform with them in Las Vegas.
• "America's Got Talent" . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on NBC. Five acts advance to the finals in the results show.
"Sharkado 2: The Second One" . . . 9:00 to 11:00 P.M. on SyFy. Ian Ziering and Tara Reid return to save New York from a freak storm of sharks. Vivica A. Fox, Mark McGrath, and rassler Kurt Angle are also in it.
• "Who Do You Think You Are?" . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on TLC. Jesse Tyler Ferguson from "Modern Family" finds out his grandfather was a hustler.
• "SoundClash" . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on VH1. Ed Sheeran, Sia, and Grouplove perform together.
• "Make or Break: The Linda Perry Project" . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on VH1. The artists compete on the street, performing for spare change, to see who is the most charismatic and talented.
• "Duck Dynasty" . . . from 10:00 to 10:30 P.M. on A&E. Jesse and Willie go up against Alan and Jep in a survival race.
• "Hot in Cleveland" . . . 10:00 to 10:30 P.M. on TV Land. Steven Tyler guest stars for an ANIMATED episode where the girls experience everything from zombies to an alternate Cleveland where LeBron James never left.
Tonight's Late Night Talk Shows:
• "The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon" - Heidi Klum, Mike Birbiglia, and Temples.
• "Late Night with Seth Meyers" - Chris Pratt, Laverne Cox, and Big Data with Joywave.
• "Letterman" - Zoe Saldana, and Crash.
• "Jimmy Kimmel" - Eric McCormack, and Self.
• "Carson Daly" - John Slattery, Night Terrors of 1927, and Cristela Alonzo. (Repeat)
• "Conan" - Norm MacDonald, Mackenzie Davis, and Veruca Salt. (Repeat)
• "Craig Ferguson" - Dana Carvey.
• "Chelsea Lately" - Kelsey Grammer.
• "Jon Stewart" - Maggie Gyllenhaal.
• "The Colbert Report" - James Franco.
Five Random Facts For Wednesday
1. The word "Ye" . . . like in "Ye Olde Shoppe" . . . is actually pronounced "The." In medieval English, people used a "y" to abbreviate "th."
2. If you pay $3 for a coffee, that's a 2,900% price markup on what it would cost you to make it at home . . . 10 cents.
3. The most abused Social Security number ever is 078-05-1120 . . . it's been used in fraud by at least 40,000 different people. It belonged to a woman named Hilda Whitcher, who was a secretary at a wallet company.
In 1938, Social Security cards were new, and Hilda's boss wanted people to see how they looked in a wallet. So every one of their wallets came with a sample Social Security card inside . . . with Hilda's number on it.
4. 63% of Americans today say they actively try to avoid drinking soda . . . 22% actively try to avoid eating red meat . . . and 1% actively try to avoid eating vegetables.
5. Not a single black artist had a number one single in 2013 . . . that's the first time that's happened in the 55 years of the Billboard charts. (On March 8th of this year, Pharrell ended the drought when "Happy" hit number one.)
A Simple Formula to Figure Out What You Should Be Doing With Your Life
Here's a simple formula to figure out what you should be doing with your life. Write down the things you're good at . . . the things you're passionate about . . . and the lifestyle things you need to be happy. Then figure out careers that fit with your answers for each of those . . . and when you find one that fits with all three, that's a potential career for you.
The Top Ten Technologies We Can't Live Without
A new survey asked people what technology they couldn't live without, and it's a mix of super-modern gadgets and basic life essentials. For example, high-speed Internet came in first . . . the refrigerator came in fifth . . . Facebook came in 17th . . . the dryer came in 19th . . . high definition TV came in 25th . . . and air conditioning came in 28th.
Person Posts 10 Times on Facebook During a Seven-Day Vacation
A new survey found the average person posts on Facebook 10 times during a one-week vacation. We also send an average of 23 texts, tweet four times, and post two photos on Instagram.
Only One-Third of Us Think It Would Be a Good Idea to Make Contact With Aliens
50% of Americans believe that aliens are out there . . . but only 37% of people think it'd be a good idea to get in touch with them. Of that 37%, the number one reason is that it'd be DANGEROUS to let them know we exist.
Photo of the Day: A Guy Starts Eating a Domino's Pizza, Then Realizes the Bottom Is Covered in Mold
A guy in England ordered Domino's last week, and ate a whole slice before realizing the entire bottom of the pizza was covered in MOLD. He got stomach cramps the next day, and Domino's refunded his money. They're still trying to figure out how it happened.
One in Four People Trust Google More Than Their Doctor
In a new survey, one in four people say they trust what they find when they Google their symptoms more than their DOCTOR. And that's not a great idea . . . a different study found that you'll only find the right diagnosis when you search your symptoms 58% of the time.
Cincinnati Is the Most Entertaining City in the Country . . . Newark is the Least
A new study ranked the 100 biggest cities in the country from most entertaining to least entertaining, based on factors like the cost of bowling and pizza, the number of parks and pools, and the nicest weather. Cincinnati, Ohio came in first . . . Orlando, Florida is second . . . and Omaha, Nebraska is third. Newark, New Jersey came in last.
Yvonne Strahovski is 32. Kate Morgan on "24: Live Another Day". Before that you just knew her as the hot blonde on NBC's spy comedy "Chuck" and Hannah McKay on "Dexter".
Hope Solo is 33. White trash Olympic hero and "Dancing with the Stars" minx who sometimes poses nude, with her naughty bits strategically covered. She was arrested for domestic violence for assaulting two relatives last month.
Diva Zappa is 35. Frank's youngest daughter . . . sister of SUPERSTARS Moon Unit, Dweezil and Ahmet Zappa.
Jaime Pressly is 37. She was Sexy / Trashy Joy on "My Name is Earl". Now she's got a new TV Land show called "Jennifer Falls".
HILARY SWANK is 40. She won the Best Actress Oscars for "Million Dollar Baby" AND for "Boys Don't Cry". Essentially, she's won an Oscar for all her movies except the ones in which she DOESN'T get beaten to death.
You may also remember her as Mr. Miyagi's student, Julie Pierce, in "THE NEXT KARATE KID"! She survived that movie. Thus, no Oscar.
Tom Green is 43. Clown-ass who used to nail Drew Barrymore. They were married for all of five months before HE kicked HER to the curb. (???)
Christine Taylor is 43. Has parlayed being Ben Stiller's wife into roles in "Zoolander" and "Dodgeball" . . . however, she got her role as Marsha in "The Brady Bunch Movie" on her own.
Christopher Nolan is 44. Director of "The Dark Knight" trilogy. . . not to mention "Memento" and "Inception".
Simon Baker is 45. The GORGEOUS star of "The Mentalist" and George A. Romero's "Land of the Dead".
Terry Crews is 46. "The Expendables" and those weird Old Spice commercials.
Vivica A. Fox is 50. Nubian drunk-driving goddess.
Lisa Kudrow is 51. Phoebe on "Friends".
Mattress actress Skye Blue is 53. Her 36EE's have starred in 235 fine films, including . . . "Enema Bandit", "Enema Bandit Returns", "Abducted By The Enema Bandit" AND "The Enema Bandit Strikes Again"!
Laurence Fishburne is 53. Morpheus in "The Matrix" . . . and Grissom's replacement on "CSI". Now he's off "CSI" and replaced by an actor with far more gravitas . . . TED DANSON.
Kate Bush is 56.
DELTA BURKE! is 58. Delicious chubby.
Anita Hill is 58. She said Clarence Thomas once asked her, "Who has put pubic hair on my Coke?" Thankfully there were no witnesses . . . because the answer was ME!
FRANK STALLONE! is 64. Super + Star = SUPERSTAR!
ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER is 67 . . . and still making "Terminator" movies.
William Atherton is 67. Character actor known for playing EPA inspector Walter Peck in "Ghostbusters", and reporter Richard Thornburg in "Die Hard".
Paul Anka is 73. Only a musical GOD. He's also Jason Bateman's father-in-law. Jason nails Paul's daughter, Amanda.
Classic Charmin TP spokesman Dick Wilson, a.k.a. "Mr. Whipple". (1916 - 2007)
Henry Ford (1863 - 1947)
Emily Bronte (1818 - 1848) English chick who wrote "Wuthering Heights" . . . the classic novel that inspired the classic song by Kate Bush . . . who turns 56 today.
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 2 days to Guardians of the Galaxy
• 8 days to Chicago Boot Camp
• 30 days to Labor Day Weekend
• 39 days to Grandparents Day
• 40 days to International Literacy Day
• 905 days left of "Hope and Change"
116 years ago . . . In 1898, "Scientific American" became the first magazine to PUBLISH A CAR AD. Winton Motors urged readers to "DISPENSE WITH A HORSE".
49 years ago . . . In 1965, the elderly and crack-heads on welfare and food stamps who STILL buy $125 Nikes were given health insurance that YOU paid for . . . after President Lyndon Johnson signed the Medicare bill, creating MEDICARE for the elderly and MEDICAID for the poor.
48 years ago . . . In 1966, "Batman: The Movie", starring the one true Batman . . . ADAM WEST . . . made its world premiere. The Joker was played by the en fuego CESAR ROMERO.
The campy classic actually set Batman and Robin against four of their archenemies: In addition to The Joker, they also went up against Catwoman, The Riddler and The Penguin. Sadly, the luscious Batgirl was not included in this film.
39 years ago . . . In 1975, JIMMY HOFFA was last seen outside a restaurant near Detroit, Michigan. He was 62. He was officially declared a dead man by an Oakland County judge after 7 years and 131 days . . . but his body has never been found.
32 years ago . . . In 1982, "Nightshift" opened in theaters, starring HENRY "Post-Fonz" WINKLER and MICHAEL "Pre-Batman" KEATON as two guys who, with the help of SHELLEY "Pre-Diane Chambers" LONG, turn the city morgue into a brothel.
20 years ago . . . In 1994, PJP2, Pope John Paul the Second, was promised more than $6 MILLION for the publishing rights to his book "Crossing The Threshold Of Hope".
16 years ago . . . In 1998, "BUFFALO BOB" SMITH of "The Howdy Doody Show", died of cancer in Hendersonville, North Carolina, at the age of 80.
11 years ago . . . In 2003, in MEXICO, the very last "old style" VOLKSWAGON BEETLE was made.