Your daily dose of Whatever!!
It's On! Between Orlando Bloom and Justin Bieber
JUSTIN BIEBER fired a shot at ORLANDO BLOOM yesterday by posting a picture of Orlando wiping a tear from his eye. It was from a Broadway premiere last year. Meanwhile, there's a new report that Justin actually tried to shake Orlando's hand at that restaurant in Spain, but Orlando was a jerk to him, and that's how the fight started.
Robert Pattinson on His Failed Relationship with Kristen Stewart: "Who Gives a [Crap]?"
ROBERT PATTINSON doesn't understand why everyone is so fascinated with his personal life . . . including his failed relationship with KRISTEN STEWART. He says, quote, "[Stuff] happens, you know? It's just young people . . . it's normal! And honestly, who gives a [crap]?"
Sexy Pictures of Famous People
2. Nobody does side-boob better than LINDSAY LOHAN. Nobody.
3. "Maxim" has JESSICA ALBA in a bikini. And also . . . my money.
4. CHRIS BROWN is putting on a little weight around the middle.
Related Comedy: TMZ posted pics of a shirtless Chris Brown with a flabby stomach. This wouldn't be a problem if he hit the gym as often as he hit women.
5. Sexy Video: RIHANNA is annoyed with a fan at an airport. (WARNING: She says "Jesus Christ" at the beginning of the video.)
6. If this doesn't drive home the fact that "Mad Men" is coming to an end, nothing will: The guy who plays Stan Rizzo shaved off his beard.
7. Even though she's only 17, you have to love this shirt that "Game of Thrones" star MAISIE WILLIAMS is wearing.
Katy Perry Says Her Big-Assed Mummy Dancers Aren't Racially Insensitive, But They Were Inspired By Kim Kardashian
KATY PERRY says her big-assed mummy dancers aren't "caricatures of black women's bodies." She says they're a reflection of women like Kim Kardashian, and, quote, "our culture of wanting to be plastic." That sounds like a dig, but Katy says it isn't anything negative.
Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Childhood Friends
Gwyneth Paltrow and Maya Rudolph. They were classmates at St. Augustine by the Sea school in Santa Monica.
Jennifer Aniston and Chaz Bono. Back when Chaz was a girl named Chastity, she and Jennifer were buddies at New York's High School of Performing Arts.
Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton. They'd been friends since preschool, and remained so into their 20s. But with the release of Kim's sex tape in 2007, she started eclipsing Paris as America's favorite "celebutante".
Paris wasn't cool with that . . . and the following year she effectively ended their friendship by saying that Kim's ass looked like, quote, "cottage cheese inside a big trash bag." They made up, but the friendship never really recovered.
Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato. Okay, so you probably DID know they were childhood friends. They met on the set of "Barney and Friends".
Cameron Diaz and Snoop Dogg. They went to Long Beach Polytechnic High School together. Snoop has even suggested he was her dealer . . . quote, "I might have sold her some of that white girl weed. You know, sticks and stems and seeds."
Courtney Love and Drew Barrymore. They met when Drew was 8 and Courtney was 18 or 19. Courtney says Drew was, quote, "in a bathroom, smoking" when she met her for the first time.
Naomi Watts and Nicole Kidman. They met at North Sydney Girls' High School in Australia. Nicole was actually born in Hawaii, but her parents are Australian. And they moved back there when she was 4.
Tyra Banks and Kimora Lee Simmons. They met as teenagers modeling for Chanel.
Allison Williams from "Girls" Will Play Peter Pan on NBC
ALLISON WILLIAMS from HBO's "Girls" has been cast as PETER PAN in NBC's upcoming "Peter Pan Live!" special, which is based on the Broadway musical. CHRISTOPHER WALKEN will play Captain Hook. The show airs on Thursday, December 4th.
Production on "The Big Bang Theory" Has Been Delayed Because the Stars Are Holding Out for "Friends"-Type Deals
Production on the new season of "The Big Bang Theory" was supposed to start yesterday, but it's been delayed because several stars, including Jim Parsons, Johnny Galecki, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg and Kunal Nayyar, want more money.
Sources say Parsons, Galecki and Cuoco are holding out for, quote, "Friends money". That would be around $1 million an episode, which is what the "Friends" cast eventually got.
They'll probably get it. Nobody really sees this as more than a typical contract negotiation. Season 8 is still set to debut on September 22nd, as planned.
Thursday TV Reminders:
• The series premiere of "The Quest" . . . 8:00 to 9:00 P.M. on ABC. A reality show where 12 contestants fight their way through a fantasy world. It's from the creators of "The Amazing Race" and an executive producer of "The Lord of the Rings".
• "Mythbusters" . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on Discovery. The guys test Hollywood car stunts, including driving on two wheels, and the Corvette barrel roll from "Wanted".
• "Last Comic Standing" . . . from 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on NBC. The Top 5 perform.
Tonight's Late Night Talk Shows:
• "The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon" - Julia Roberts, and Ron Funches.
• "Late Night with Seth Meyers" - Ethan Hawke, Megyn Kelly, and Paula Pell.
• "Letterman" - Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Simon Amstell, and David Gray.
• "Jimmy Kimmel" - Kerry Washington, and Tom Petty.
• "Carson Daly" - Allison Tolman, the Preatures, and I Am the Avalanche. (Repeat)
• "Conan" - Jane Fonda, Ramon Rodriguez, and Twin Shadow. (Repeat)
• "Craig Ferguson" - Jesse Tyler Ferguson, and Jon Gnarr.
• "Chelsea Lately" - Chris Pratt.
• "Jon Stewart" - Aubrey Plaza.
• "The Colbert Report" - Campbell Brown.
Five Random Facts For Thursday
1. About 70% of the cats in shelters are black cats . . . but not necessarily because people think they're bad luck. It might be because they don't look as good in pictures.
2. Tetanus isn't caused by the rust on rusty nails . . . the rust just provides a perfect breeding ground for the bacteria that causes tetanus.
3. If you took all the duct tape sold around the world every year, it would go around the equator more than 12 times.
4. The cartoon guy on a can of Pringles has a name . . . it's Julius Pringles.
5. "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" was almost cut from "The Lion King". But Elton John argued with the producers, got them to leave it in, and it ended up winning the Oscar for Best Original Song.
Eight Phrases That Have Become Completely Irrelevant
Here are a few phrases that have become completely irrelevant thanks to technology: "Be kind, rewind" . . . "Call me collect" . . . "Ask for directions" . . . "Call 411" . . . and "They're in the Yellow Pages."
1. "Be kind, rewind."
2. "Call me collect."
3. "I'm developing the photos."
4. "Check the classifieds."
5. "Call a travel agent."
6. "Ask for directions."
7. "Call 411."
8. "They're in the Yellow Pages."
There's a 14% Chance Your Significant Other Lied to You About Their Sexual History . . . And 14 Other New Stats on Lying
Here are a few stats from a new survey on lying. 14% of people have lied to their significant other about their sexual experience . . . we're more likely to lie to our parents than anyone else . . . 37% of people have told a lie to get out of work . . . and 5% of people have told a lie to get out of jury duty.
1. Two out of five people have lied to their spouse or significant other about something. 21% lied about something they bought . . . 14% lied about their sexual experience . . . and 7% even lie about how much money they make.
2. We're more likely to lie to our parents than to anyone else. We're especially likely to lie to our parents about whether we've used drugs.
3. 15% of people have lied to their doctor about their exercise habits . . . 14% have lied to their doctor about their eating habits . . . and 8% have lied to their doctor about whether they smoke.
4. 37% of people have told a lie to get out of work . . . 23% have lied to get out of a family gathering . . . 7% have lied to get out of a speeding ticket . . . and 5% have lied to get out of jury duty.
5. 69% of people who took this survey believe that other people who took it lied . . . only 6% admitted THEY lied in their answers. (Harris Interactive)
10% of People Have Had Sex With Five or More People on a Vacation?
I had no idea how much more SEXUALLY ADVENTUROUS people were on vacation than I am. A new survey found 70% of people have had sex with a local on vacation . . . 43.5% have had sex with more than one person on the same vacation . . . and 10% have had sex with more than five people.
Honey Nut Cheerios Is the Best Selling Cereal in the Country . . . But People Don't Really Like
There's a big difference between the cereal we buy and the cereal we like. The top four best selling cereals in 2013 were Honey Nut Cheerios, Frosted Flakes, Honey Bunches of Oats, and Cheerios. But the cereals people LIKE the most in pretty much every U.S. state are Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Special K.
Photo of the Day: A Hatchet Bounced Out of a Truck and Went Through Someone's Windshield
A hatchet bounced out of the back of a truck near Boston yesterday, and went straight through someone's WINDSHIELD . . . blade first. Luckily it got stuck in the glass, and no one was hurt. But the woman sitting in the passenger's seat where it would have hit was pretty shaken up. The truck driver ended up with a $200 fine.
A Writer Was Fired by a School For Promoting a Gay Agenda . . . For Writing About Homophones
The guy in charge of social media for an English-as-a-second-language school in Utah was just fired . . . for writing a blog post on HOMOPHONES. Homophones are words that sound the same but have different spellings and meanings . . . but the owner of the school thought the post promoted the GAY AGENDA.
Rico Rodriguez II is 16. Manny Delgado on "Modern Family". His older sister Raini Rodriguez played Kevin James' daughter in "Paul Blart: Mall Cop" and she's Trish on the Disney Channel show "Austin & Ally".
M. Shadows is 33. Avenged Sevenfold singer. His real name is Matt Sanders.
B.J. Novak is 35. Ryan on "The Office" . . . and writer extraordinaire. He went from being Michael's INTERN to being Michael's BOSS . . . then back to being a TEMP.
Zac Brown is 36. Beanie-wearing country singer.
Dean Cain is 48. Dean demolished Brooke Shields' hymen faster than a speeding bullet. He deflowered her when they were both horny students at Yale. (True.)
J.K. Rowling is 49. Brilliant British writer who gave us "Harry Potter" . . . and who is now RICHER THAN THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND. It's probably no coincidence that in the books, Harry's birthday is also July 31st.
Wesley Snipes is 52. "Expendables 3" star and noted tax cheat.
Mark Cuban is 56. Controversial but charismatic owner of the Dallas Mavericks. He's one of the few people who became billionaires off the FIRST dot-com boom. He sold Broadcast.com for $5.9 BILLION in Yahoo stock . . . then quickly cashed out.
Bill Berry is 56. Former drummer for R.E.M. who quit in 1997 after a brain aneurysm.
Michael Biehn is 58. Kyle in "The Terminator", Corporal Hicks in "Aliens", the sheriff in "Planet Terror" AND he is Val Kilmer's "huckleberry", Johnny Ringo, in "Tombstone".
Barry Van Dyke is 63. Detective Steve Sloan on "Diagnosis Murder". His father is a Dick. Literally.
Gary Lewis is 68. Son of Jerry Lewis, and leader of Gary Lewis & The Playboys. Biggest hits: 1965's "This Diamond Ring" and 1966's "Everybody Loves A Clown".
Ted Cassidy (1932 - 1979) Lurch on "The Addams Family" TV series. He was also the voice of GODZILLA on the "Godzilla" Saturday morning cartoon that ran from 1978 to 1979.
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 1 day to Guardians of the Galaxy
• 7 days to Chicago Boot Camp
• 29 days to Labor Day Weekend
• 38 days to Grandparents Day
• 39 days to International Literacy Day
• 904 days left of "Hope and Change"
86 years ago . . . In 1928, "LEO THE LION" roared for the first time at the beginning of MGM's first "talking" movie, "White Shadows In The South Seas". There was only ONE WORD of dialogue in the entire film . . . that word was "Hello."
45 years ago . . . In 1969, a Russian police chief reported that thousands of Moscow telephone booths were broken by raging Ruskie thieves who STOLE PHONE PARTS in order to CONVERT THEIR ACOUSTIC GUITARS TO ELECTRIC. Rock & Roll Forever, comrades.
43 years ago . . . In 1971, JAMES TAYLOR'S version of the CAROLE KING classic, "You've Got A Friend", hit #1 on the charts.
38 years ago . . . In 1976, BLUE OYSTER CULT'S "Don't Fear The Reaper" and ORLEANS' "Still The One" were released . . . ON THE SAME DAY. (???)
30 years ago . . . In 1984, the U.S. MEN'S GYMNASTICS TEAM upset China to win the team gold medal at the L.A. Summer Olympics. They won thanks to perfect 10 performances by Tim Daggett, Bart Conner and MANTASTIC MITCH GAYLORD.
23 years ago . . . In 1991, PRESIDENT BUSH and Soviet President MIKHAIL GORBACHEV signed the Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty in Moscow. They used pens made of metal from nuclear missiles that were destroyed under a 1987 treaty.
19 years ago . . . In 1995, the WALT DISNEY COMPANY agreed to acquire CAPITAL CITIES-ABC in a $19 BILLION deal.
16 years ago . . . In 1998, NICOLAS CAGE received a star on the HOLLYWOOD WALK OF FAME.
Four years ago . . . In 2010, ALICIA KEYS married producer SWIZZ BEATZ on the island of Corsica. She was plump with fetus at the time, and gave birth in October.