Your daily dose of WHATEVER!
Ryan Gosling is the Male Celebrity People Most Want to See in a Sex Tape
According to a new survey, Ryan Gosling is the guy people would most like to see in a sex tape. He was followed by Brad Pitt, Channing Tatum, Matthew McConaughey and Johnny Depp. Meanwhile, Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel are the COUPLE we'd most like to see getting it on.
Taylor Lautner is Off the Market
TAYLOR LAUTNER is off the market again. Sources say he's nailing Canadian actress MARIE AVGEROPOULOS. They're filming a movie called "Tracers" together.
They were spotted holding hands the other day. (Check out some pics here. He's 21 . . . she's 27.)
Lindsay Lohan Is Out of Rehab, But She'll Stay With a Sober Coach for a Few Days
LINDSAY LOHAN left rehab yesterday as scheduled, but she's not rejoining society just yet. She plans to spend a few days living with a SOBER COACH, because she wanted some kind of transition from rehab to the real world.
Lindsay is guest-hosting "Chelsea Lately" this coming Monday.
Kristen Stewart Went Off on a Paparazzi Scumbag
KRISTEN STEWART went off on a paparazzi scumbag the other day, telling him, quote, "You're a piece of [crap] and you don't deserve to breathe the same air I do." That's not all she said.
"The Smurfs 2" Hits Theaters Today
"The Smurfs 2" is out in theaters today. In this one, the wizard Gargamel creates his own smurf-like creatures, called The Naughties, and orders them to kidnap Smurfette. CHRISTINA RICCI and J.B. SMOOVE do the voices of the Naughties.
HANK AZARIA is Gargamel and KATY PERRY is back as the voice of Smurfette. And even though JONATHAN WINTERS died in April, he still did the voice of Papa Smurf before he passed away. (Official Site) (Trailer)
Poppy Montgomery's Cancelled Show Triumphantly Returned in Seventh Place
POPPY MONTGOMERY'S CBS show "Unforgettable" returned for a second season last week and it premiered in seventh place in the ratings with 7.2 million viewers. And she's got to be pretty stoked about that, considering her show was originally cancelled.
"Under the Dome" won the week with 11.6 million viewers, and two "America's Got Talent" episodes round out the top three. Here are last week's Top 10 shows . . .
1. "Under the Dome", CBS, 11.6 million viewers
2. Wednesday's "America's Got Talent", NBC, 10.6 million viewers
3. Tuesday's "America's Got Talent", NBC, 10.3 million viewers
4. "60 Minutes", CBS, 8.4 million viewers
5. "The Big Bang Theory", CBS, 8.1 million viewers
6. "NCIS", CBS, 7.2 million viewers
7. The second season premiere of "Unforgettable", CBS, 7.2 million viewers
8. Thursday's "Big Brother", CBS, 6.9 million viewers
9. Sunday's "Big Brother", CBS, 6.81 million viewers
10. "Two and a Half Men", CBS, 6.78 million viewers
Here are a few other random ratings that may interest you:
• The 11th season finale of "Hell's Kitchen" had 5.6 million viewers.
• ABC's "Would You Fall For That?" premiered with 3.25 million viewers.
• The 8th season finale of "Celebrity Wife Swap" attracted 3 million viewers.
• The 4th season premiere of "Who Do You Think You Are?" pulled in 1.6 million viewers for its new home on TLC. (The first three seasons aired on NBC.)
• The series premiere of E!'s "Total Divas" attracted 1.3 million WWE fans.
Was Jennifer Lopez Rejected from Appearing on the Season Finale of "The Voice"?
HIGHLIGHTS: The "New York Post" is reporting that JENNIFER LOPEZ was interested in appearing on the season finale of "The Voice" last month, or serving as a mentor on the show, but she was "SHOT DOWN." A rep for NBC confirms that J-Lo did offer to perform on the finale, but it didn't work out due to scheduling.
FULL STORY: The "New York Post" is reporting that JENNIFER LOPEZ was interested in appearing on the season finale of "The Voice" last month . . . but she was "SHOT DOWN."
A "source" says, quote, "She made a formal offer to be on the show. They said 'no' to that." Supposedly, she also offered to serve as a MENTOR, but was turned down for that as well.
So, what's the deal? Was "The Voice" not really interested because of J-Lo's association with "American Idol"?
An NBC rep says J-Lo did talk to them about performing on the finale, but that things didn't work out due to scheduling. It sounds like they already had the finale planned by the time she expressed interest, and they didn't have room for her.
CHER performed on the finale . . . and from what we're hearing, she had been booked "months in advance." The rep didn't address J-Lo as a possible mentor.
Are "Today" Show Staff Members Losing Their Jobs Because Matt Lauer Refuses to Take a Pay Cut?
RadarOnline.com reports that the "Today" show's ratings are declining so much that staff members are starting to get laid off. Supposedly, nine people have been canned already . . . and those jobs COULD'VE been saved if MATT LAUER agreed to lose 1% of his $25 MILLION salary, but he refused.
Wednesday TV Reminders:
• "Big Brother 15" [Power of Veto competition] . . . 8:00 to 9:00 P.M. on CBS.
• "2012 Do Something Awards" . . . 8:00 to 10:00 P.M. on VH1. Performers include Flo Rida, Fun and Kids These Days. "New Girl's" Jake Johnson, Max Greenfield and Lamorne Morris host as young "world-changers" are honored for social activism and community service.
• "America's Got Talent" [Results Show] . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on NBC.
• "Million Dollar Listing New York" [2nd Season Finale] . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on Bravo.
• "Hot in Cleveland" . . . 10:00 to 10:30 P.M. on TV Land. Tom Arnold guest stars as Melanie's rebound guy.
• "The Exes" . . . 10:30 to 11:00 P.M. on TV Land. Cat Deeley guest stars.
• "Top Chef Masters" . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on Bravo. Kathie Lee Gifford guests.
• "Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman" [4th Season Finale] . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on the Science Channel.
• "Watch What Happens: Live" . . . 11:00 to 11:30 P.M. on Bravo. "Million Dollar Listing New York's" Ryan Serhant, Luis D. Ortiz and Fredrik Eklund are guests.
Early Morning Show Guests:
• "The Today Show" - Paula Patton ("2 Guns"), author Leigh Gallagher ("The End of the Suburbs: Where the American Dream Is Moving"), and chef Giada De Laurentiis.
• "Good Morning America" - No guests listed yet. Check your local listings.
• "CBS This Morning" - No guests listed yet. Check your local listings.
Mid-Morning Show Guests:
• "Live! With Kelly and Michael" - Jayma Mays ("The Smurfs 2") and Matt Damon ("Elysium").
• "The View" - Teri Hatcher ("Planes") and Dean Norris ("Under the Dome" and "Breaking Bad"). Music Guest: Michael Franti. "GMA's" Lara Spencer co-hosts.
• "Rachael Ray" - Kevin Jonas and his wife Danielle (E!'s "Married to Jonas"). (REPEAT)
• "Kris" - Chef Fabio Viviani and animal enthusiast Evan Antin. "The New Normal's" NeNe Leakes co-hosts.
This Afternoon On TV:
• "The Real" - Kim Fields, who played Tootie on "The Facts of Life".
• "Ellen DeGeneres" - Simon Baker ("The Mentalist"). (REPEAT)
• "The Talk" - Lionel Richie and chef Curtis Stone ("Top Chef Masters"). Music Guest: Lionel Richie.
• "Katie Couric" - Kym Whitley ("Animal Practice") and Craig Ferguson. Plus a viewer gets a makeover and a chance to meet Zooey Deschanel. Music Guest: Will.I.Am. (REPEAT)
• "Steve Harvey" - A woman confronts her husband about his tendency to spoil their adult daughter with money, gifts and too much attention. (REPEAT)
• "Dr. Phil" - The friends of a woman who died from an accidental drowning, but they suspect that her husband killed her. (REPEAT)
• "Dr. Oz Show" - "Your Most Humiliating, Embarrassing Confessions Answered!" (REPEAT)
• "Wendy Williams" - Dennis Haysbert ("The Details") and Jenny McCarthy pimps her book "Bad Habits: Confessions of a Recovering Catholic". (REPEAT)
Tonight's Late Night Talk Shows:
• "Letterman" - Matt Damon ("Elysium"). Music Guest: Hanni El Khatib.
• "Jimmy Kimmel" - Logan Lerman ("Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters") and Johnny Knoxville. Music Guest: Queens of the Stone Age.
• "The Tonight Show" - Kate Hudson ("Clear History") and sportscaster Bob Costas. Music Guest: Kopecky Family Band.
• "Craig Ferguson" - Ahna O'Reilly ("Jobs") and Jane Leeves ("Hot in Cleveland"). Music Guest: Backstreet Boys.
• "Jimmy Fallon" - Simon Pegg ("The World's End"), Tyra Banks, and chef Dominique Ansel.
• "Carson Daly" - Michelle Rodriguez ("Fast & Furious 6") and Palestinian singer Hanni El Khatib. Music Guest: The Men. (REPEAT)
• "Conan" - Kevin Nealon. Music Guest: Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros.
• "Jon Stewart" - Hank Azaria ("Lovelace" and "The Smurfs 2"). John Oliver guest hosts.
• "The Colbert Report" - Author Emily Matchar ("Homeward Bound: Why Women Are Embracing the New Domesticity").
• "Chelsea Lately" - Jennifer Aniston ("We're the Millers").
One Out of Three People Have Cursed Out or Punched Their Computer So Far This Year
It's good to know that we save our BEATINGS for inanimate objects. According to a new survey, 36% of Americans say they've either cursed out or PUNCHED their computer in the past six months. That's one out of three people.
70% of Us Think Rudeness Is a National Crisis . . . and That It's the Internet's Fault
According to a new survey, 70% of Americans think RUDENESS is now a national crisis. And the average person deals with 17 acts of rudeness per week. Half of those happen online, and for the first time, Americans say the INTERNET is the main reason people are more disrespectful in general.
1. 48% of people have unfriended or blocked someone on Facebook because they were rude. And 50% of people have ended a friendship in REAL LIFE because of it.
2. 87% agree it's rude to be on the phone while you're talking to someone in person . . . 86% say answering your phone during a meal is impolite . . . and 76% think talking too loudly on your phone in PUBLIC is rude.
3. 72% think swearing is rude, and 63% think there's more cursing going on than ever before. Although, it's okay if you're among friends, in which case only 5% find it rude.
4. 26% of people have quit a job because of a disrespectful work environment.
5. 81% believe America's general level of rudeness is causing more VIOLENCE.
Six English Words That Sound Like Something Dirty in Other Languages
Here are a few English words that sound like much dirtier things in other languages. Cookie means small penis in Hungarian . . . payday means "I passed gas" in Portuguese . . . salsa means diarrhea in Korean . . . and preservative means condom in French.
Cookie sounds like the word for 'small penis' in Hungarian.
Speed sounds like the word for flatulence in Swedish.
Payday sounds like the word for "I passed gas" in Portuguese.
Salsa sounds like the word for diarrhea in Korean.
Peach sounds like the word for bastard in Turkish.
And preservative sounds like the word for condom in French. (Buzzfeed)
We're Five Years Away From the End of Cat Allergies
A team of scientists at the University of Cambridge in England has successfully isolated the protein in CAT FUR that makes you allergic. And that's a big deal. They say within five years or less, there'll be an inhaler or a pill on the market so people can own cats without having an allergic reaction.
Scientists Have Figured Out How to Grow Teeth Out of Human Pee?
We're not sure WHY, but scientists in China have figured out how to grow human teeth out of human PEE. They used the stem cells from urine to grow the beginnings of real teeth. It's a LONG way off from being ready for real use . . . but it's the first step in figuring out how to regenerate human teeth.
How Much Would McDonald's Have to Raise Its Prices to Pay Workers $15-an-Hour?
Right now, minimum wage employees at McDonald's make $7.25-an-hour. The CEO makes $8.75 million a year. How much would McDonald's food prices have to increase to DOUBLE the pay for BOTH the employees and the CEO? The answer is . . . 17%. A Big Mac would jump from $3.99 to $4.67 and the Dollar Menu would jump to $1.17.
Rico Rodriguez II - 15 (Manny Delgado on "Modern Family". His older sister Raini Rodriguez played Kevin James' daughter in "Paul Blart: Mall Cop" and she's Trish on the Disney Channel show "Austin & Ally".)
M. Shadows - 32 (Avenged Sevenfold singer. His real name is Matt Sanders.)
B.J. Novak - 34 (Ryan on "The Office" . . . and writer extraordinaire. He went from being Michael's INTERN to being Michael's BOSS . . . then back to being a TEMP.)
Zac Brown - 35 (Beanie-wearing country singer.)
Dean Cain - 47 (Dean demolished Brooke Shields' hymen faster than a speeding bullet. He deflowered her when they were both horny students at Yale.) (True.)
J.K. Rowling - 48 (Brilliant British writer who gave us "Harry Potter" . . . and who is now RICHER THAN THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND. It's probably no coincidence that in the books, Harry's birthday is also July 31st.)
Wesley Snipes - 51 (Tax cheat.)
Mark Cuban - 55 (Controversial but charismatic owner of the Dallas Mavericks. He's one of the few people who became billionaires off the FIRST dot-com boom. He sold Broadcast.com for $5.9 BILLION in Yahoo stock . . . then quickly cashed out.)
Bill Berry - 55 (Former drummer for R.E.M. who quit in 1997 after a brain aneurysm.)
Michael Biehn - 57 (Kyle in "The Terminator", Corporal Hicks in "Aliens", the sheriff in "Planet Terror" AND he is Val Kilmer's "huckleberry", Johnny Ringo, in "Tombstone".)
Barry Van Dyke - 62 (Detective Steve Sloan on "Diagnosis Murder". His father is a Dick. Literally.)
Gary Lewis - 67 (Son of Jerry Lewis, and leader of Gary Lewis & The Playboys. Biggest hits: 1965's "This Diamond Ring" and 1966's "Everybody Loves A Clown".)
Ted Cassidy - (1932 - 1979) (Lurch on "The Addams Family" TV series.)
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 8 days to MSBC XXV in Chicago
• 30 days until Labor Day Weekend
• 39 days until Grandparents Day
• 50 days to Talk Like a Pirate Day
• 77 days until Boss's Day
• 1,269 days left of "Hope and Change"
85 years ago . . . in 1928 - "LEO THE LION" roared for the first time at the beginning of MGM's first "talking" movie, "White Shadows In The South Seas". There was only ONE WORD of dialogue in the entire film . . . that word was "Hello."
44 years ago . . . in 1969 - A Russian police chief reported that thousands of Moscow telephone booths were broken by raging Ruskie thieves who STOLE PHONE PARTS in order to CONVERT THEIR ACOUSTIC GUITARS TO ELECTRIC. Rock & Roll Forever, comrades.
42 years ago . . . in 1971 - JAMES TAYLOR'S version of the CAROLE KING classic, "You've Got A Friend", hit #1 on the charts.
37 years ago . . . in 1976 - BLUE OYSTER CULT'S "Don't Fear The Reaper" and ORLEANS' "Still The One" were released . . . ON THE SAME DAY. (???)
29 years ago . . . in 1984 - The U.S. MEN'S GYMNASTICS TEAM upset China to win the team gold medal at the L.A. Summer Olympics. They won thanks to perfect 10 performances by TIM DAGGETT, BART CONNER and MANTASTIC MITCH GAYLORD.
22 years ago . . . in 1991 - PRESIDENT BUSH and Soviet President MIKHAIL GORBACHEV signed the Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty in Moscow. They used pens made of metal from nuclear missiles that were destroyed under a 1987 treaty.
18 years ago . . . in 1995 - The WALT DISNEY COMPANY agreed to acquire CAPITAL CITIES-ABC in a $19 BILLION deal.
15 years ago . . . in 1998 - NICOLAS CAGE received a star on the HOLLYWOOD WALK OF FAME.
3 years ago . . . in 2010 - ALICIA KEYS married producer SWIZZ BEATZ on the island of Corsica. She was plump with fetus at the time, and gave birth in October.