Your daily dose of Whatever!!
More Nude Athletes! This Year's ESPN Body Issue Includes Michael Phelps, Double Amputee Amy Purdy, and a Large and In Charge Prince Fielder
Texas Rangers first baseman PRINCE FIELDER is in this year's "ESPN the Magazine" Body Issue, even though he's a pretty big guy. He says, quote, "A lot of people probably think I'm not athletic or don't even try to work out or whatever, but I do. The issue also includes snowboarder and double-amputee Amy Purdy, Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch, and Michael Phelps.
FULL STORY: More pictures of naked athletes from "ESPN the Magazine's" 2014 Body Issue were released yesterday. The issue hits newsstands on Friday.
One of this year's most interesting models is Texas Rangers first baseman PRINCE FIELDER, who's rather . . . shall we say . . . LARGE AND IN CHARGE.
Prince is a solid, powerful guy, but his chest and belly make him look more like one of those '70s pro wrestlers than a modern athlete.
In the magazine he says, quote, "A lot of people probably think I'm not athletic or don't even try to work out or whatever, but I do. Just because you're big doesn't mean you can't be an athlete.
(Check out some pictures of Prince Fielder's naked buttocks here. And here's video from his photo shoot. You can check out some other photos here, here, here and here. At the last link there's a list of all the athletes appearing in this year's issue.)
Pam Anderson Is Divorcing Rick Salomon . . . Again
PAM ANDERSON is divorcing former sex tape star RICK SALOMON . . . AGAIN. They were married back in 2007, but it only lasted two months and the marriage was annulled. They lasted longer this time, but not by much . . . Pam announced that they were married this past January.
Are These the Nine Most Surprising Celebrity Hook-Ups?
MICHELLE RODRIGUEZ'S make-out session with ZAC EFRON inspired a list of the Nine Most "WTF" Celebrity Hook-Ups of All Time. It includes: Julia Roberts marrying Lyle Lovett, Sandra Bullock wasting her time with Jesse James, and Sean Penn dating Charlize Theron.
1. Julia Roberts and Lyle Lovett. They were married from 1993 to 1995.
2. Sandra Bullock and Jesse James. They were married from 2005 to 2010.
3. Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes. They were married from 2006 to 2012.
4. Renee Zellweger and Kenny Chesney. They were married for a few months back in 2005, before it was annulled.
5. Emilia Clarke from "Game of Thrones" and "Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane. They dated for about six months back in 2012.
6. Ryan Reynolds and Alanis Morissette. They began dating in 2002, got engaged in 2004 . . . but called off the engagement in 2007.
7. Sean Penn and Charlize Theron. They started dating earlier this year, and are still together.
8. Counting Crows singer Adam Duritz and . . . well, "everyone." He's never been married, but he dated Courteney Cox and Mary Louise-Parker in 1998, and Emmy Rossum from 2009 to 2010.
He also supposedly got naked with Gwen Stefani, Lara Flynn Boyle, Winona Ryder, and Jennifer Aniston.
9. Flavor Flav and Brigitte Nielsen. They met on "The Surreal Life 3" in 2004 and did the VH1 reality show "Strange Love" together. They only dated for about a year.
14 Celebrities Who Have the Same Face
Certain celebrities look a lot more alike than you'd think, and someone mashed together pairs of celebrities to prove it. Including Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Heath Ledger . . . Mischa Barton and Elijah Wood . . . and even Christopher Walken and a young Scarlett Johansson.
Other celebrities who look a lot more alike than you'd think include Carrie Underwood and Emily Osment . . . Ariana Grande and Alyssa Milano . . . Katy Perry and Zooey Deschanel . . . and Rob Lowe and Ian Somerhalder.
One of the most surprising . . . and possibly the creepiest . . . is the one with the faces of Christopher Walken and a young Scarlett Johansson.
(Check out all of these and more here.)
Sexy Pictures of Famous People
1. It's official: MELANIE GRIFFITH is getting her "Antonio" tattoo removed.
2. KATIE HOLMES went topless for "Glamour" magazine. Unfortunately, she left way too much to the imagination.
3. KRISTEN STEWART got her hair chopped off.
Related Comedy: Kristen Stewart got a new short haircut. So if you'd like your stylist to give you one, just ask for "The home wrecker." (Tweet This)
5. So much for the rumors that AMAL ALAMUDDIN'S mother doesn't approve of GEORGE CLOONEY. She and George's mom were photographed shopping together, and having a blast.
6. (NC-17) GEORGE CLOONEY'S ex, ELISABETTA CANALIS, got TOPLESS on a boat in order to fix her bikini top.
8. NICOLE SCHERZINGER has cleavage for MILES.
9. KIM KARDASHIAN should eat more churros.
Here's What the "Harry Potter" Kids Are Up to Today, According to J.K. Rowling
J.K. ROWLING wrote an update on what Harry Potter and his friends are doing as adults. Harry still fights evil wizards and witches and is still married to Ginny, who's a reporter. Ron Weasley helps run his brother's joke shop, and his wife Hermione is a high-ranking official at the Ministry of Magic. Gripping stuff.
Rita is covering the Quidditch World Cup, and it turns out that Harry and his friends are together at this year's event. Here's what she has to say . . .
Harry works for the Ministry of Magic as an "auror" . . . which is someone who fights against dark magic and evil witches and wizards. He still wears his round glasses, but some "threads of silver" are creeping into his hair.
Harry also has a "nasty cut over his right cheekbone" . . . but nobody will say how he got it.
Harry is still married to Ron Weasley's sister Ginny, who is a reporter covering the Quidditch World Cup.
As for Ron, he worked with Harry at the Ministry for a few years, but then left to help run his brother George's joke shop Weasley's Wizard Wheezes. And his, quote, "famous ginger hair appears to be thinning slightly."
He and Hermione are still married, and she's the Deputy Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement at the Ministry.
Meanwhile, Neville Longbottom is a popular Herbology teacher at Hogwarts. (In real life, Matthew Lewis, the guy who played Neville, became the biggest STUD of the entire cast.)
You have to be a member of the PotterMore website to read the article there. And even though it's FREE to sign up, you can read the entire thing elsewhere online. (Here's a link.)
(Not that anyone's asking him to, but DANIEL RADCLIFFE doesn't seem too interested in playing an adult version of Harry. Read what he had to say about the prospect here. For the record, he hasn't read Rowling's "update" yet.)
Jennifer Lawrence Tops a List of "The Top 100 Celebrities of the Year"
The website PopSugar.com put out its annual list of "The Top 100 Celebrities of the Year," and this year, Jennifer Lawrence is #1. Kate Middleton is second, followed by Beyoncé and Justin Timberlake.
Here's the Top 20:
1. Jennifer Lawrence
2. Kate Middleton
4. Justin Timberlake
5. Matthew McConaughey
6. Sandra Bullock
7. Kerry Washington
8. Angelina Jolie
9. Leonardo DiCaprio
10. Kim Kardashian
11. Jared Leto
12. Lupita Nyong'o
13. Gwyneth Paltrow
14. Emma Stone
16. Brad Pitt
17. Shailene Woodley
18. Neil Patrick Harris
19. Taylor Swift
20. Channing Tatum
Elsewhere, Miley Cyrus is #29, Kanye West is #31, and last year's #1 Robert Pattinson is #66. (You can check out the full Top 100, here.)
The Situation's Brother Didn't Give Him a Black Eye . . . His Mother Did
Last month, THE SITUATION was sporting a black eye, after getting into a brawl with his brother Frank at the gym they co-own. But apparently, Frank wasn't the one who gave him the shiner . . . and he wasn't the only other family member involved.
The Situation's other brother said, quote, "Mom is the one who got him. She got him with a left. Mom's the tough one."
And their mother, Linda, CONFIRMED it. She said, quote, "Yeah. I broke my finger. I just got it out of the sling. I was trying to break him and Frank up, and I think I missed."
World Cup Randoms
1. As everybody knows by now, Germany CRUSHED Brazil 7 to 1 in the semifinals of the World Cup yesterday. (Check out some videos of the action here.) The Internet has already come up with some great Tweets and memes.
One of the absolute most brilliant was this Tweet someone posted during the game . . . quote, "Someone needs to pick up the other PlayStation controller." (Check out more World Cup hilarity here.)
2. Unfortunately, far less creative people resorted to "jokes" about Hitler, the Holocaust and Anne Frank. (There's really no reason to, but if you want to read them, here's a collection.)
3. The humiliation for Brazil didn't end with just the lopsided score. Germany was able to steal two scoring records from Brazil during the course of the match.
Germany passed Brazil to become the World Cup's all-time leading scorer with 223 goals to Brazil's 221.
And on an individual level, Germany's Miroslav Klose became the tournament's all-time leading scorer with 16 goals. The previous record holder was Brazil's Ronaldo, with 15.
4. Did you know that MICK JAGGER has a history of JINXING every World Cup team he roots for? Guess who he was pulling for yesterday? And yes, he was actually AT the game.
(If you scroll down at that link you'll see a Brazil fan who tried to reverse the curse by bringing a cardboard cutout of Mick wearing a GERMANY jersey.)
5. Like Mick, ASHTON KUTCHER was at the game, too. We don't know who he was rooting for, but he was sitting among Brazil fans.
(Speaking of Ashton, here's video of him dancing and using an Indian accent at that wedding he went to over the weekend. The guy getting married was Indian-born Google exec Nikesh Arora, so I guess it was all in good fun.)
Wednesday TV Reminders:
• "World Cup Semifinals" . . . 4:00 P.M. EST on ESPN. Argentina vs. the Netherlands. The winner plays Germany for the title this weekend.
• The series premiere of "Extant" . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on CBS. Halle Berry plays an astronaut who returns to Earth pregnant after a year in space on a solo mission.
• "iHeartRadio Ultimate Pool Party" . . . 8:00 to 9:300 P.M. on the CW. Nick Cannon is the host and the performers include Ariana Grande, Iggy Azalea, Jennifer Lopez, Neon Trees, Lil Jon, and Tiesto.
• "So You Think You Can Dance" . . . 8:00 to 10:00 P.M. on ABC. The Top 20 perform before two of them are eliminated.
• The second season premiere of "The Bridge" . . . 10:00 to 11:15 P.M. on FX.
• "Duck Dynasty" . . . from 10:00 to 10:30 P.M. on A&E. Phil teaches his granddaughter about nature and the guys create a new logo for Duck Commander.
Tonight's Late Night Talk Shows:
• "The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon" - Kelly Ripa, Jason Clarke, and Sylvan Esso.
• "Late Night with Seth Meyers" - Andy Serkis and Neon Trees.
• "Letterman" - Lizzy Caplan and Sleeper Agent.
• "Jimmy Kimmel" - Robert Pattinson, Pablo Schreiber, and Nico & Vinz. (Repeat)
• "Carson Daly" - Wally Pfister, and Jake Bugg. (Repeat)
• "Conan" - Sharon Stone, Marc Maron, and Rodrigo y Gabriela. (Repeat)
• "Craig Ferguson" - Michael Sheen.
• "Chelsea Lately" - Susan Sarandon. (Repeat)
• "Jon Stewart" - Pre-empted.
• "The Colbert Report" - Pre-empted.
Five Random Facts For Wednesday
Here are some random facts for you . . .
1. The first place in the U.S. to use 911 as its emergency number was Haleyville, Alabama in February of 1968. The second place was Nome, Alaska a few weeks later.
2. Sliced bread was sold for the first time 86 years ago this week, in Chillicothe, Missouri.
3. On average, gas in Venezuela sells for about four cents a gallon.
4. The Wright Brothers didn't really pioneer flying together. Wilbur did basically all the work . . . but gave Orville half the credit so his feelings wouldn't be hurt.
5. A government study in 2010 found that getting AROUSED helps your memory . . . and people are more likely to remember things they learn right after they watch porn.
You Become Invisible to Younger Women at Age 39
We've got the results of a survey that found the age when women will start totally ignoring you. And if you're like me, you're thinking, "Wait . . . they'll START ignoring me? Don't you mean 'CONTINUE' ignoring me?"
The average age when men become INVISIBLE to younger women is . . . 39.
That's when women stop eyeing you at a bar . . . and start wondering why there's an OLD guy at the bar.
They also found the top signs for women that you're too old for them to flirt with, and they're pretty obvious signs of aging: Your hair is going gray, you've got a couple of chins, your hair is thinning, and your teeth look bad.
Eating Apples Makes Women Want to Get-It-On?
A new study out of Italy has found that women who eat at least one or two apples a day are HORNIER than women who don't . . . and also have better sex. They think it's because the antioxidants in apples stimulate a woman's blood flow and apples have a chemical that works like a female sex hormone.
A Woman Gets Divorced From Her First Husband . . . Then Marries Their Wedding Photographer
A 28-year-old woman in Australia got married back in 2009 . . . but her marriage didn't last. And when it fell apart, she moved on to . . . the guy who was the PHOTOGRAPHER at her wedding. Now THEY'VE gotten married.
The 10 Ice Cream Flavors That Make People the Happiest
A new survey found the ice cream flavors that make people the happiest. The top five are: Chocolate . . . coffee . . . strawberry . . . rocky road . . . and vanilla.
A Guy in New York Found a Dead Rat in His Wrap
A guy in New York got a wrap for lunch yesterday from a place called Chop't . . . and found a DEAD RAT inside. His coworkers started tweeting photos of it, and the restaurant says they've shut down for a, quote, "deep clean."
A Woman Finds Out Her House Was a Serial Killer's Torture Chamber . . . When She Sees It on an A&E Cold Case Documentary
A woman in Missouri watched an episode of "Cold Case Files" on A&E last month, and it featured the house SHE was renting. Turns out a serial killer had tortured and killed at least 12 women inside. The St. Louis Housing Authority helped the woman get out of her lease, and she's moving out by the end of the month. (ABC News / CBS 4 - St. Louis) (You can see the A&E documentary on the murders here.)
Georgie Henley is 19. Little Lucy Pevensie in the "Chronicles of Narnia" movies.
Mitchel Musso is 23. Drunk-driving actor who played Hannah's dorky best friend Oliver on "Hannah Montana".
Kiely Williams is 28. Dark-skinned Cheetah Girls minx who used to be in 3LW.
Indonesian mattress actress Nyomi Marcela is 33. She's starred in 253 fine films, including "Pulp Friction", "Kung Pao Kitty", "Gobble The Goop 3", "Yummy in my Tummy 2", "Lez B Asians", and "Black Beast in the Far East".
FRED SAVAGE! is 38. Kevin Arnold on "The Wonder Years" . . . and THE MOLE in "Austin Powers in Goldmember"!
Jack White is 39. The White Stripes, The Raconteurs, The Dead Weather . . . and who knows how many other garage bands we haven't heard of yet.
Scott Grimes is 43. Dr. Archie Morris on "ER". He was also Brad in "Critters" and "Critters 2: The Main Course"!
Courtney Love is 50. Madonna put it best, quote, "I am fascinated by Courtney Love, but the same way I am fascinated by someone who's got Tourette's Syndrome walking in Central Park.
JIM KERR! is 55. Simple Minds' singer. Even though he specifically asked you not to forget about him back in 1985, you probably already have.
Kevin Nash is 55. Pro rassler who helped change the business forever back in the '90s when he defected from the WWF and went to its rival, WCW, to start the NWO, which started the Monday Night Wars between the two companies, which is STILL regarded as one of the industry's most entertaining and fertile periods.
Jeannie Pepper is 56. Nubian mattress actress who has starred in 231 fine films, including . . . "Hill Street Blacks", "Nubian Nurse Orgy", "Sherlock Homie", "White Trash Black Splash", "Chocolate Fudge Factory" and "Black Holes In Space"!
Kelly McGillis is 57. DELICIOUS LESBIAN! Before coming out, she played Tom Cruise's flight instructor in "Top Gun", and the incredibly hot Amish mom that Harrison Ford nailed in "Witness".
TOM HANKS is 58.
Jimmy Smits is 59. 6-foot-3 en fuego Latino with an Anglo name. Unlike many of his Chicano brethren, Jimmy made it out of the barrio. Not only did he graduate from Brooklyn College, he also got a Master's Degree from Cornell University.
JOHN TESH is 62. Best contribution to society . . . the NBA on NBC theme song.
O.J. Simpson is 67. Football Hall-of-Famer (slash) lady killer (slash) convicted armed robber. Oprah has VOWED to get a confession out of him.
Dean Koontz is 69. Horror writer.
RICHARD ROUNDTREE! is 72. "SHAFT"!
Brian Dennehy is 76. Best known for his work in "Cocoon" . . . playing Chris Farley's dad in "Tommy Boy" . . . being the sheriff who harassed Sylvester Stallone in "First Blood" . . . and for starring in the 1986 classic "F/X".
James Hampton is 78. "Love, American Style" superstar who played Michael J. Fox's dad in "Teen Wolf", AND Trooper Hannibal Dobbs on "F Troop".
Bon Scott (1946 - 1980) He was AC/DC's CHAUFFEUR, then became their lead screamer after Dave Evans refused to go on stage.
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 2 days to World Population Day
• 9 days to International Mandela Day
• 23 days to Guardians of the Galaxy
• 29 days to Chicago Boot Camp
• 51 days to Labor Day Weekend
• 926 days left of "Hope and Change"
219 years ago . . . In 1795, one James Swan personally paid off the ENTIRE U.S. NATIONAL DEBT of $2,024,899.
145 years ago . . . In 1869, the CORNCOB PIPE was invented. It was made from a special type of corn with smaller kernels on the cob. Presidents GERALD FORD and DWIGHT EISENHOWER smoked corncob pipes.
ROBERT DOWNEY, JR. and former Washington, D.C., Mayor MARION BARRY may have smoked corncob CRACK pipes. (???)
56 years ago . . . In 1958, a Catholic magazine called "Contacts" launched a campaign for clean lyrics in pop music. One of the songs they wanted changed was ELVIS' "Wear Your Ring Around My Neck" . . . because it promoted GOING STEADY.
37 years ago . . . In 1977, a handsome yet frustrated computer operator named ELVIS COSTELLO quit his day job.
32 years ago . . . In 1982, DISNEY'S "Tron" was released. It starred JEFF BRIDGES as a hacker sucked into the game and BRUCE BOXLEITNER as the electronic gladiator Tron.
(Enjoy this look at a guy who took his love of "Tron" a little too far . . . Tron Guy. And if you ask me, the actual Tron got the SHAFT in the sequel "Tron: Legacy". He's hardly in it!)
31 years ago . . . In 1983, "Every Breath You Take" by the POLICE hit #1 on the charts, where it stayed for the next nine weeks.
26 years ago . . . In 1988, delicious mini-chubby (slash) "Facts Of Life" superstar LISA WHELCHEL shattered my dreams and married one Steven Cauble. They broke it off last year.
22 years ago . . . In 1992, BILL CLINTON named the very well-hung Senator AL GORE as his presidential running mate.
19 years ago . . . In 1995, THE GRATEFUL DEAD put on their last show with JERRY GARCIA. He died of a heart attack a month later.
17 years ago . . . In 1997, MIKE TYSON was banned from the boxing ring and fined $3 million for biting EVANDER HOLYFIELD'S ear.
15 years ago . . . In 1999, "American Pie" achieved a "release".
14 years ago . . . In 2000, PETE SAMPRAS won his record SEVENTH Wimbledon Title and 13th Grand Slam title, which was also a record.
13 years ago . . . In 2001, THE BACKSTREET BOYS choked back tears as they announced on MTV's "Total Request Live" that A.J. MCLEAN had entered rehab for depression and alcohol abuse the day before.
13 years ago . . . In 2001, the limousine carrying WU-TANG CLANSMAN KILLAH PRIEST was fired at during a drive-by shooting in Los Angeles, injuring three of his passengers and killing a fourth . . .
. . . mainly because the limo driver didn't call 911 and GOT LOST LOOKING FOR THE EMERGENCY ENTRANCE at the UCLA Medical Center.
Eight years ago . . . In 2006, Comedy Central DEFIED DAVE CHAPPELLE'S wishes by giving us "Chappelle's Show: The Lost Episodes" . . . even though milking those THREE EPISODES meant that Dave would never return to do another season. WEAK.
Three years ago . . . In 2011, Derek Jeter became the 28th player in Major League Baseball history to join the 3,000 hit club.