Your daily dose of Whatever!!
Robin Williams is Dead of an Apparent Suicide
ROBIN WILLIAMS was found dead in his home yesterday morning, of an apparent suicide. He was 63. His rep said he'd been battling "severe depression". Williams also battled drug and alcohol addiction for years. Earlier this year he checked into rehab to "fine-tune" his sobriety.
Robin's publicist issued a statement saying that he had been, quote, "battling severe depression of late."
And his wife Susan issued a statement saying, quote, "This morning, I lost my husband and my best friend, while the world lost one of its most beloved artists and beautiful human beings. I am utterly heartbroken.
"On behalf of Robin's family, we are asking for privacy during our time of profound grief. As he is remembered, it is our hope the focus will not be on Robin's death, but on the countless moments of joy and laughter he gave to millions."
Susan was Robin's third wife. He had three kids from his first two marriages.
Robin battled with drug and alcohol addiction for years, and recently went back to rehab to, quote, "fine-tune" his sobriety.
Williams got his big break on the ABC sitcom "Mork & Mindy", which was a spin-off of "Happy Days" and ran from 1978 to 1982. He was a four-time Oscar nominee, and won Best Supporting Actor for "Good Will Hunting".
His career highlights are so obvious, we don't even have to list them, but they include "Dead Poets Society", "Good Morning, Vietnam", "Hook", "Aladdin", "The Birdcage" and the "Night at the Museum" movies.
Speaking of those, Williams will be back onscreen as Teddy Roosevelt in "Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb" this Christmas.
Meanwhile, we can obviously forget about the "Mrs. Doubtfire" sequel that was announced earlier this year.
Robin also starred with SARAH MICHELLE GELLAR on the CBS sitcom "The Crazy Ones", but it was canceled after one season.
This is kind of an eerie coincidence: In 2009, Robin starred in a really good dark comedy called "World's Greatest Dad", written and directed by BOBCAT GOLDTHWAIT.
Williams played a man whose teenage son accidentally kills himself during AUTOEROTIC ASPHYXIATION. Not wanting people to know how his son really died, he rigs it to look like the kid committed suicide.
Sexy Pictures of Famous People
2. Why is JAMES FRANCO trying to look like a reject from a boy band?
3. ADRIANA LIMA's new lingerie shoot for Victoria's Secret will help you get through the day.
4. When RIHANNA doesn't wear a bra, we all win.
5. GISELE BUNDCHEN can stand on her head.
6. JESSICA SIMPSON wore a revealing bathing suit to her sister ASHLEE's bridal shower.
7. MILEY CYRUS has a new piglet named Bubba Sue, and it's all over her Instagram page.
8. In honor of Shark Week, here are pictures of sharks with celebrities' teeth.
9. Here are 21 female celebrities who look sexy in glasses.
10. COURTNEY STODDEN and DOUG HUTCHISON are back together. And they made out in the ocean to prove it.
11. Sexy Video: IAN MCKELLEN helped a guy propose to his partner.
12. MICKEY ROURKE put on a Vladimir Putin T-shirt in Moscow, and said, quote, "I like this guy."
Did 18-Year-Old Kendall Jenner Throw a Fit Because a Waitress Refused to Serve Her Alcohol?
The "New York Post" claims KENDALL JENNER was so upset about being denied alcohol at a restaurant in New York . . . that she got up and walked out without paying. When the waitress chased after her, Kendall turned around, laughed, and threw some $20 bills at her face.
Tracy Morgan Isn't Out of the Woods Yet . . . His Attorney Says He's Still "Struggling"
It's been about a month since TRACY MORGAN was released from the hospital, and while that's a good sign . . . he isn't out of the woods yet.
On the "Today" show yesterday, Tracy's attorney said Tracy is still, quote, "struggling" with his health. He went on, quote, "But he's a fighter. He's had issues before that he's fought through, and he's fighting hard." (Here's video.)
Peyton and Eli Manning Did Another Music Video for DirecTV
Last year, PEYTON and ELI MANNING did an epic rap video for DirecTV called "Football on Your Phone". Well, they're back with a follow-up.
This one's called "Fantasy Football Fantasy", and it includes Eli floating through space with his dad ARCHIE MANNING, and JOE NAMATH making stew with . . . YOUR MOM. (???)
(Check it out here.)
Tuesday TV Reminders:
• The series premiere of "Sisterhood of Hip Hop" . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on Oxygen. A reality show about five female rap artists.
• "America's Got Talent" . . . 9:00 to 11:00 P.M. on NBC. Another 12 contestants perform at Radio City Music Hall for Part 3 of the quarterfinals.
• The series premiere of "4th and Loud" . . . 10:00 to 10:30 P.M. on AMC. Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley, try to turn their new arena football team, the Los Angeles KISS, into a winning franchise.
• The series premiere of "The Singles Project" . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on Bravo. An interactive dating show where you can flirt with contestants over social media, and see the answers to questions you ask on the air in real time.
Click Connect on their site to choose between Social Snaps, Flirt, and Play Live.
Tonight's Late Night Talk Shows:
• "The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon" - Jessica Alba, Rob Riggle, Kings of Leon, and Ace Frehley.
• "Late Night with Seth Meyers" - Meredith Vieira, Dane DeHaan, and Magic Man.
• "Letterman" - Eric Stonestreet, and Brody Dalle. (Repeat)
• "Jimmy Kimmel" - Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray, Clayton Kershaw, and Train. (Repeat)
• "Carson Daly" - Randy & Jason Sklar, Off!, and Buffalo Killers. (Repeat)
• "Conan" - Damon Wayans Jr., Ali Larter, and Lake Street Dive.
• "Craig Ferguson" - Jeff Foxworthy, and the Colourist. (Repeat)
• "Chelsea Lately" - Liv Tyler.
• "Jon Stewart" - Helen Thorpe, author of "Soldier Girls". (Repeat)
• "The Colbert Report" - Michael Fassbender. (Repeat)
"Muppets Most Wanted" is Out on DVD and Justin Bieber's "Believe" is on Netflix
Here's what's new on DVD today:
• "Muppets Most Wanted" . . . starring Tina Fey, Ty Burrell, and Ricky Gervais. Plus Lady Gaga, Salma Hayek, Puffy, and Danny Trejo have cameos as themselves.
• "A Haunted House 2" . . . starring Marlon Wayans and Cedric the Entertainer. Jaime Pressly is Marlon's new girlfriend and Gabriel Iglesias is their neighbor.
• "The Railway Man" . . . starring Colin Firth as a former British officer who tracks down the guy who tortured him when he was imprisoned at a Japanese labor camp during World War II. Nicole Kidman and Stellan Skarsgard are also in it.
• "Frankie & Alice" . . . starring Halle Berry as a woman who learns she has multiple personalities. Stellan Skarsgard is her doctor, and Phylicia Rashad plays her mom.
• "Rage" . . . Nicolas Cage plays a reformed criminal who returns to his violent past and rounds up his old gang after his daughter is kidnapped.
• "Filth" . . . James McAvoy plays a corrupt cop suffering from severe hallucinations.
• DisneyNature's "Bears" . . . John C. Reilly narrates a year in the life of a bear family.
Plus, the first season of "The Blacklist", the first season of Syfy's "Bitten", and the complete series of AMC's "Low Winter Sun".
DVD and Netflix Releases (continued)
Here's what's new in the past week to Netflix Instant Streaming:
• "Believe" . . . the Justin Bieber concert movie.
• "Bad Ass 2: Bad Asses" stars Danny Trejo and Danny Glover.
• "Stage Fright" is a horror musical starring Meat Loaf, Minnie Driver, and a minx named Allie MacDonald.
New CDs from Sinead O'Connor and "Idol" Winners Kris Allen and Caleb Johnson
• "I'm Not Bossy I'm the Boss", Sinead O'Connor
• "Testify", the debut album of "American Idol" winner, Caleb Johnson
• "Horizons", the third album from former "Idol" winner Kris Allen
• "Stronger", Tank
• "Get Hurt", Gaslight Anthem
• "Rockabilly Riot!", Brian Setzer
• "Amid the Noise and Haste", SOJA
• "Lp1", FKA Twigs . . . a British minx whose real name is Tahliah Barnett.
• "Dark Horse", Twista
Five Random Facts For Tuesday
1. People who work in offices without windows sleep an average of 46 minutes less per night than people with windows.
2. Phil Mickelson's nickname is "Lefty" . . . but he's right-handed. The only thing he does left-handed is golf, because he'd watch his dad golf when he was little and mirror his swings.
3. There have been more than 200 academic papers published on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer", which easily makes it the most studied TV show or movie. The "Alien" movies are second, with 86 papers.
4. After you play eight years in Major League Baseball, you get a gold card that gives you and a guest free admission to any MLB game for the rest of your life.
5. Maine lobster actually refers to a species of lobster called Homarus americanus . . . it doesn't necessarily mean it comes from Maine. They can come from as far south as New Jersey.
9% of People Don't Have a Single Friend
According to a new study, 9% of people don't have a SINGLE real friend. The study also found the average person is more likely to talk to their boss every day than their mother . . . and 3.4% of people say they have at least 15 good friends.
Eight Sentences That Will Make Your Brain Hurt
Here are a few sentences that will make your brain hurt. The only time the word "incorrectly" isn't spelled incorrectly is when it's spelled "incorrectly." Everything in the entire universe either is or isn't ice cream. And we'll never hear about the truly perfect crime.
A Woman Tries to Run in Front of a Plane to Stop Her Boyfriend from Leaving . . . But He's Not Even on It
On Sunday morning, a 37-year-old woman in Nova Scotia thought her boyfriend was on a plane to go see another woman. So she scaled a barbed wire fence, and ran onto the TARMAC to stop his flight from taking off. Security stopped her before she got close to any of the planes, and it turned out her boyfriend wasn't even ON any of them.
A Guy Lights a Bunch of Romantic Candles For His Girlfriend . . . and Burns Their House Down
A 29-year-old guy in England was trying to be romantic for his girlfriend, and lit a bunch of candles in their bedroom. But the candles wound up setting the RUG on fire, and the house started burning down. The guy got out safely, and his girlfriend wasn't home yet, but the house was so messed up they have to move.
Strippers in Ohio Got Sick of Church Members Protesting Outside Their Club . . . So Now They're Protesting Topless Outside the Church
Some members of a church in New Castle, Ohio have been protesting a nearby strip club for years. But on Sunday, the strippers decided to turn things around . . . and showed up TOPLESS to protest the church.
A Woman Finds a Swastika on Her McDonald's Chicken Sandwich
A woman in North Carolina ordered a chicken sandwich at McDonald's last week, and when she took off the top bun to put on mayo . . . she saw a SWASTIKA drawn in butter on the bun. She complained, and McDonald's fired the guy who did it.
A Guy Falls Off a Train . . . And Instead of Getting Help, Another Passenger Drinks His Beer
A guy was on a train in Russia a few days ago, opened a door to get some air, and fell out. Another guy saw it happen, and instead of getting help . . . he started drinking the BEER the other guy had left behind . . . AND stole his luggage. There's no word on the guy's condition or whether the cops are looking into it.
A Woman in Jail Steals Her Cell Mate's Debit Card to Bail Herself Out
A 25-year-old woman was in jail for shoplifting earlier this year, and stole her cell mate's debit card number . . . then used it to bail herself out of jail. After that, she used the card to buy a plane ticket. But the police pieced together what happened and she was just arrested for fraud . . . she's looking at up to 25 years.
Maggie Lawson is 34. Jules O'Hara, Lassiter's sexy partner on "Psych".
Casey Affleck is 39. Ben's more talented little brother. He's Virgil in "Ocean's 11", "Ocean's 12" and "Ocean's 13" . . . Morgan O'Malley in "Good Will Hunting" . . . and THE star of "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford".
Rebecca Gayheart is 43. Minx from "Scream 2" and the Showtime series "Dead Like Me". "Grey's Anatomy" stud Eric Dane nails her real good. Sometimes they even take bubble baths together with hookers. (True!)
She's also a very bad driver: She ran over and killed a 9-year-old boy back in June of 2001 . . . and got three years' PROBATION for it.
Pete Sampras is 43. Tennis stud. He gets to nail Bridgette Wilson ANYTIME HE WANTS TO.
Peter Krause is 49. Nate on "Six Feet Under". Now he's Adam on "Parenthood".
Sir Mix-A-Lot is 51. He likes big butts . . . a.k.a. juicy-doubles. And, his anaconda don't want none unless you've got buns hon.
Britt Morgan is 51. Mattress actress who's starred in 192 fine films, including . . . "Throbbin Hood", "The Flintbones", "Halloweenie", "Nightmare on Porn Street", "One Wife to Give", "Pornochio" AND "Two In The Bush".
Bruce Greenwood is 58. The president in "National Treasure 2", John F. Kennedy in "Thirteen Days" and Christopher Pike in the "Star Trek" reboot. (Pike was the captain of the Enterprise before Kirk.)
Sam Jones is 60. Star of 1980's TRASHY-YET-CLASSIC "Flash Gordon" movie . . . featuring the coolest soundtrack in movie history . . . by Queen. Flash . . . AAAAAAH!
Kid Creole is 64. Of Kid Creole & The Coconuts fame.
MARK KNOPFLER is 65. Dire Straits god.
George Hamilton is 75. Freakishly tan star of "Zorro, The Gay Blade" and "Love At First Bite". He lost on the 2nd season of "Dancing with the Stars".
Country legends Buck Owens (1929 - 2006) and Porter Wagoner (1927 - 2007).
Cecil B. DeMille (1881 - 1959) "The Ten Commandments".
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 20 days to Labor Day Weekend
• 29 days to Grandparents Day
• 30 days to International Literacy Day
• 33 days to September 11th
• 41 days to Talk Like a Pirate Day
• 895 days left of "Hope and Change"
163 years ago . . . In 1851, ISAAC SINGER patented the SEWING MACHINE. He started his sewing machine empire with $40.
158 years ago . . . In 1856, Anthony Fass was issued the first U.S. patent for an ACCORDION! And this summer, Weird Al Yankovic spent a week at #1 on the album chart. So . . . FULL CIRCLE!
149 years ago . . . In 1865, DR. JOSEPH LISTER became the first doctor to use disinfectant during surgery. He called it . . . LISTERINE.
48 years ago . . . In 1966, the BEATLES began their last North American tour together. Before the show at the International Amphitheater in Chicago, JOHN LENNON apologized for saying the Beatles were more popular than JESUS CHRIST. London's "Catholic Herald" had called the original remark, quote, "arrogant . . . but probably true."
37 years ago . . . In 1977, the SPACE SHUTTLE ENTERPRISE passed its first solo test flight by taking off from atop a Boeing 747, separating and then touching down in California's Mojave Desert.
20 years ago . . . In 1994, a federal appeals court ordered Shannon Faulkner back to civilian life only three days before she was going to break the 151-year all-male tradition at the Citadel. Although she was finally accepted, the wussy girl couldn't handle intense training . . . and was forced to quit after less than a week.
20 years ago . . . In 1994, "The Next Karate Kid" was released, starring HILARY SWANK as Julie-San!
16 years ago . . . In 1998, Swiss banks agreed to pay $1.25 BILLION to HOLOCAUST SURVIVORS for money stolen from their accounts by the Nazis.
Seven years ago . . . In 2007, MERV GRIFFIN died of prostate cancer at the tender young age of 82. (Please, please, PLEASE have your prostate checked and always remember . . . stinky is poison.)