Your daily dose of Whatever!!
Robin Williams Had Parkinson's Disease . . . But Not Money Troubles
ROBIN WILLIAMS' widow revealed that he had early-stage Parkinson's disease when he died, but he was, quote, "not yet ready to share [it] publicly." Meanwhile, Robin's rep said he was NOT having financial problems . . . adding, quote, "We should be blessed to have Robin's financial status."
His wife Susan issued a statement saying, quote, "Robin's sobriety was intact and he was brave as he struggled with his own battles of depression, anxiety as well as early stages of Parkinson's Disease, which he was not yet ready to share publicly.
"It is our hope in the wake of Robin's tragic passing, that others will find the strength to seek the care and support they need to treat whatever battles they are facing so they may feel less afraid."
Parkinson's is a progressive disorder of the nervous system. MICHAEL J. FOX was diagnosed with it in 1991.
After he heard yesterday's news, Fox Tweeted, quote, "Stunned to learn Robin had PD. Pretty sure his support for our [charitable foundation] predated his diagnosis. A true friend; I wish him peace."
Michael Strahan and Nicole Murphy Had Lunch Together, and There's a "Possibility" They Could Reunite
Over the past week or so, it has seemed that MICHAEL STRAHAN and his ex NICOLE MURPHY were moving on and not looking back . . . but maybe that's not the case.
The paparazzi caught them out to lunch together, arm-in-arm. Sources tell TMZ there's a, quote, "possibility" that they could get back together, and that they'd "like to work things out." But who knows.
Erin Andrews Is "Curious" About Plastic Surgery
In an interview with "Health" magazine, ERIN ANDREWS was asked for her thoughts on plastic surgery . . . and she said she might consider it . . . some day.
Quote, "I've never done it, but I'm curious about all of it. I've seen great work, and I think we've all seen bad. I'm sure there will be a time in my life when I'll want to look into it, but it's just not right now."
Sexy Pictures of Famous People
1. (PG-13) CHELSEA HANDLER posted a picture of herself almost naked, along with the caption, "I'm a Kardashian".
She also posted a shot of herself in her bra and panties, saying she was, quote, "Getting ready for my final shower scene."
2. Sexy Video: JESSICA SIMPSON's cleavage is UNSTOPPABLE in her hew perfume ad.
3. For some reason, TOM HANKS selfies are just better than everyone else's.
4. Ignoring DAVID BECKHAM shirtless pics is never a good idea.
5. Sexy Video: JUSTIN BIEBER is getting boxing training.
6. Somebody forgot to remove the WATER BOTTLE from this "Downton Abbey" promo pic.
Katy Perry Wishes She Was Educated
KATY PERRY wishes she was better EDUCATED. She says, quote, "I'm kind of bummed at this stage that I didn't have a great education because I could really use that these days." She dropped out of high school during her freshman year . . . and before that, she was going from school to school because her family was always on the move.
She says, quote, "I was being pulled out of school, even in the middle of school . . . and sometimes being home-schooled. Sometimes we were sent to these really half-Christian, half-education, I-don't-know-what-they-were schools."
"The Expendables 3" Hits Theaters Today
Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Terry Crews, Randy Couture, and Arnold Schwarzenegger are all back from the last movie. And there are a TON of new additions.
Wesley Snipes plays a founding member of the team that they have to bust out of prison . . . which is a tongue-in-cheek reference to the fact that Snipes couldn't participate in the first two movies, because he was locked up for his tax troubles.
Antonio Banderas adds comic relief as a commando who's always desperately wanted to join the team. And Mel Gibson is Stallone's old partner . . . he cofounded the Expendables, but turned bad and became an arms dealer.
In order to deal with the threat, Stallone recruits some young, fresh blood . . . including Kellan Lutz, MMA badass Ronda Rousey, and boxer Victor Ortiz.
And finally there's Kelsey Grammer as an old friend of Stallone's who helps recruit the new members . . . and Harrison Fordas the CIA handler behind their assignments.
Unfortunately Chuck Norris doesn't show up again, and Bruce Willis punked out when it came time to film . . . but it sounds like they added more than enough beef to over-compensate.
Damon Wayans Jr. and Jake Johnson from "The New Girl" dress up as police officers for a costume party . . . and are so convincing, they're mistaken for REAL cops by everyone in the neighborhood . . .
Including some corrupt cops and mobsters run by Andy Garcia. The rest of the cast includes Nina Dobrev from the "Vampire Diaries", "The Daily Show's" Rob Riggle, and Keegan-Michael Key from Comedy Central's "Key & Peele".
Brenton Thwaites lives in a "perfect" society where people can't see color or feel the full range of human emotions, because of an injection they get every morning.
Jeff Bridges is the Giver, the one man who has the full memory of all of humanity's experiences. And when Brenton is chosen to become the next "Receiver of Memory", he discovers love and starts skipping his daily injections.
Alexander Skarsgard and Katie Holmes play his parents . . . Israeli minx Odeya Rush is his love interest . . . Meryl Streep is the villain, the Chief Elder of the community. Taylor Swift is also in it. She has a small role in it as The Giver's daughter.
Ben Affleck Says He Wouldn't Have Played Batman If He Didn't Think He Could Do It
BEN AFFLECK understands that some people don't think he'd make a great Batman, but he insists he can take it on. He says, quote, "Everyone's entitled to their opinion . . . [but] I wouldn't have done it if I didn't think I could do it." He adds, quote, "[There's a] terrific script . . . a great visual director . . . and an interesting take."
Daryl from "The Walking Dead" Might Be Gay?
"Walking Dead" creator ROBERT KIRKMAN was asked about the possibility that the character Daryl Dixon is GAY. He said, quote, "All I can say is that it's been discussed. We have very specific ideas about Daryl's sexuality (or the seeming lack thereof). And if there's ever a quiet period in the show where he's not consistently distracted by crossbowing . . . we'll tackle it in the show."
Weekend TV Reminders:
• Friday: The first season finale of "Funniest Wins" . . . from 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on TBS. The three finalists create and perform their own comedy show.
• Friday: The second season finale of "Cold Justice" . . . from 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on TNT.
• "Saturday Night Live" . . . from 11:30 P.M. to 1:00 A.M. on NBC. Anna Kendrick hosts and Pharrell performs. (Repeat)
• Sunday: "Rising Star" [Live Seminfinals] . . . from 9:00 to 11:00 P.M. on ABC.
Tonight's Late Night Talk Shows:
• "The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon" - Jason Statham, Demi Lovato, and David Chang.
• "Late Night with Seth Meyers" - Ethan Hawke, Fox News minx Megyn Kelly, and comedy writer Paula Pell. (Repeat)
• "Letterman" - Harry Connick Jr., Jesse Eisenberg, and the Black Keys. (Repeat)
• "Jimmy Kimmel" - Mickey Rourke, Jordana Brewster, and Banks. (Repeat)
• "Carson Daly" - Emily Mortimer, K. Flay, and a look at the documentary "Maidentrip". (Repeat)
• "Craig Ferguson" - Hugh Laurie. (Repeat)
• "Chelsea Lately" - Mavericks forward Chandler Parsons. (Repeat)
Five Random Facts For Friday
1. The reason a zero is called "love" in tennis most likely comes from the French word for "the egg," which is "l'oeuf" . . . since an egg looks like a zero.
2. The Big Mac was originally called The Aristocrat. That name bombed, so it was switched to the Blue Ribbon Burger. That also bombed, so they went with Big Mac . . . which obviously stuck.
3. On March 12th, 1951, a cartoonist in the U.K. and a cartoonist in America both launched a comic called Dennis the Menace. But they were two separate and unrelated characters, and the creators didn't know about each other.
4. The country that drinks the most beer is . . . Namibia. People in Namibia drink an average of 376 cans of beer per person, per year. In the U.S., the average is 249 cans.
5. People around the world walk 10% faster now than we did 10 years ago.
And Now, Three New Things to Worry About
1. A new study out of Belgium found that wearing antiperspirants can actually make your armpits smell WORSE.
Researchers found they can help some bad-smelling bacteria breed under your arm, which can make your armpits smell awful in the long run. (Washington Post)
2. The sound of a ticking clock can make young women depressed, according to a study out of Florida State University . . . because it makes them subconsciously think of their own BIOLOGICAL clock ticking.
The study also found women are more likely to start talking about getting married and having kids after they hear a ticking clock. (Daily Mail)
3. Believe it or not, a fly landing on your food is more likely to make you sick than a COCKROACH crawling across your food. Since the fly could've just been sitting on roadkill or feces or rotting food, it can instantly transmit diseases. (Florida Today)
What's the Worst Excuse Someone Ever Used to Dump You?
What's the worst excuse someone ever used to dump you? A few of the best ones we've heard are: "We don't fight enough, so you obviously don't care" . . . "I'm sick of guys looking at you, I need an uglier girl" . . . and "I'm falling for your mom and I want to take a shot at her."
Married Women, Hispanic Men, and Your Grandma All Really Love Porn
A massive study on porn found some new stats on who really loves porn. A few highlights: Hispanic men are at least twice as likely as other men to watch porn several times a day . . . only 9% of women over 50 never look at porn . . . and married women are more likely than single women to watch porn every day.
That Woman Who Wanted to Have Sex with 100,000 Men? She Had to Go to the Hospital for Fatigue
A 22-year-old woman from Poland is trying to have sex with 100,000 men . . . and says she's passed the 5,000-man mark. That's about 500 dudes a month, or about 16 a DAY. She says the total SHOULD be higher, but in February she had to go to the hospital for FATIGUE.
Police Rescue a Man After He's Trapped For Three Days in an "Autoerotic Accident"
Police in Germany got a call on Tuesday night from a woman who hadn't seen her 57-year-old neighbor in a few days, and newspapers were piling up outside his place. The cops broke the door down and found the guy had, quote, "an autoerotic accident." He was trapped in his kitchen in handcuffs and women's underwear. He's been hospitalized for dehydration.
A Man Dies When He Tries to Have Sex With a Donkey . . . and the Donkey Isn't Into It
A guy in Lebanon tried to have sex with a donkey last week . . . but the donkey kicked him in the face, then three times in the chest, and KILLED him.
Chief Keef is 19.
JENNIFER LAWRENCE is 24. Oscar winner for "Silver Linings Playbook" . . . Katniss Everdeen in "The Hunger Games" . . . Mystique in the "X-Men" movies . . . and, before you knew who she was, she played Lauren on "The Bill Engvall Show".
Joe Jonas is 25. THE JONAS BROTHERS!
Carlos Pena Jr. is 25. Big Time Rush. They're sort of like Nickelodeon's poor man's version of the Jonas Brothers. Trust me, young kids will know who they are.
Natasha Henstridge is 40. Minx that Matthew Perry got to nail in "The Whole Nine Yards" and "The Whole Ten Yards". She was also the alien in the "Species" movies and has had a couple of TV gigs, including "She Spies" and "Eli Stone".
Ben Affleck is 42. BATMAN!!! He impregnates Jennifer Garner, and he OWNED the part of "Basketball Player #10" in the original "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" movie back in 1992!
Anthony Anderson is 44. Former chubby "Law & Order" actor. You'd also know him from movies like "Hustle & Flow", "Kangaroo Jack" and "Barbershop". He also played Jim Carrey's son in "Me, Myself & Irene".
Debra Messing is 46. "Will & Grace".
Tom Colicchio is 52. The beautiful bald judge on "Top Chef".
Pat Priest is 78. Blonde minx who played Marilyn Munster on "The Munsters".
Jim Lange is 81. "The Dating Game" host for 15 years.
Mike Connors is 89. Joe Mannix on "Mannix".
Rose Marie is 91. Sexy Sally Rogers on "The Dick Van Dyke Show".
Julia Child (1912 - 2004)
Bobby Helms (1933 - 1997) "Jingle Bell Rock" singer.
Napoleon Bonaparte (1769 - 1821) One testicle.
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 17 days to Labor Day Weekend
• 26 days to Grandparents Day
• 27 days to International Literacy Day
• 30 days to September 11th
• 38 days to Talk Like a Pirate Day
• 892 days left of "Hope and Change"
166 years ago . . . In 1848, M. Waldo Hanchett, of Syracuse, New York, patented the DENTAL CHAIR.
137 years ago . . . In 1877, THOMAS EDISON wrote a letter to the president of the Telegraph Company telling him that when answering the telephone, the word "HELLO" would be more appropriate than Alexander Graham Bell's suggestion of . . . "AHOY".
75 years ago . . . In 1939, "The Wizard of Oz" premiered at Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood.
49 years ago . . . In 1965, MICK JAGGER, KEITH RICHARDS and about 56,000 other people packed Shea Stadium for a BEATLES concert . . . which was, at that time, the largest single crowd to attend a rock 'n roll show.
(The Beatles' set was a standard 35 MINUTES LONG . . . but it didn't matter because the music was drowned out by the screams of randy pubescent teeny-boppers.)
45 years ago . . . In 1969, the WOODSTOCK MUSIC AND ART FAIR opened for three groovy days at Max Yasgur's farm in Bethel, New York. Over 400,000 people peacefully attended.
35 years ago . . . In 1979, the movie that Charlie Sheen seems to think is actually REAL, "Apocalypse Now", was released . . . starring MARTIN SHEEN, MARLON BRANDO and ROBERT DUVALL. (Robert Duvall delivered the movie's most famous line. Here's his "I love the smell of napalm in the morning!" scene.)
19 years ago . . . In 1995, VINCE NEIL'S four-year-old daughter, Skylar, died of multiple organ failure. He created the Skylar Neil Foundation in her honor and sponsors an annual golf tournament to raise money for cancer. (You can read more about Skylar here.)
18 years ago . . . In 1996, a women's shelter on Long Island, New York, refused to accept money from a benefit concert featuring JAMES BROWN. It seems Brother James' wife had accused him of physically abusing her in the past.
17 years ago . . . In 1997, one year after "Kazaam", SHAQUILLE O'NEAL returned to the big screen with the release of "Steel" . . . and the two people who saw it COULDN'T UNDERSTAND A WORD.
15 years ago . . . In 1999, 23-year-old TIGER WOODS won the PGA Championship, becoming the youngest player to win two majors since Seve Ballesteros in 1980.
14 years ago . . . In 2000, DAVID BOWIE'S beautiful Somalian supermodel of a wife, IMAN, gave birth to their beautiful interracial daughter, Alexandria Zahra Jones. (David Bowie's real name is David Robert Jones.)